Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's also a problem. I have no idea what to do since everything a normal player does I'd be called scummy for doing.

I'll have something written after class, but right now my top scum reads are @Jadethepokemontrainer. Probably completely wrong about what I'm about to say, but I'm finding him scummy and really, as myself, uncitributing to the game very much. I think it'd be good to try and look into him, try to get as much information as we can before we lynch so that we dot make the stupid mistake of mislynching a town.

I'm a sub, I have no idea what the player I subbed in for was thinking when he made those posts, so the only posts I will reply to will be the ones about my own posts.

They weren't lovers. Also, if RF is scum, there probably was a newbie town discussion in the scumchat.

I didn't mean lovers as in the mafia role. I meant lovers as in... oh well, it's a spoiler about the movies. If you don't mind: Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner have been shown/stated to be in love since they were small and marry each other by the end of the first trilogy. When Little Cherrim posted that bit about finding Elizabeth Swann, if we're talking role/flavor it was obviously about Will Turner a.k.a. that was his role, even if he did not post his full role PM.

IMO, inactive lynches do not benefit scum

Why not? Can you state an example of a scenario of an inactive lynch where the town benefit and scum do not aside from a lucky inactive scum lynch?

I think those who'd advocate for an inactive lynch are possibly scum (who'd want it so that they don't have to waste their nightkill on that player) or just town who are too lazy to scumhunt based on actual posts of active players, and neither scenario is going to lead to a town win.

Since Reinforce has subbed in, and we need more info, I think that if Jade flips scum it will give us another reason to look into Reinforce (who defended them in a quite strange way of simply saying that they don't see what I see or something like that).

What is strange, exactly? Also, I wasn't so much defending him as I was answering your question. You asked me if I supported your Jade case, and I said I do not, and I gave my reasons for thinking so. What gave you the impression that I was defending him from that reply?

And is there something wrong with me not seeing the same way that you do? For you, your reasons for suspecting Jade are enough to make you suspect them as scum. For me, it's not enough and not very specific to point them as scum. It means that I need more solid reason/evidence to be convinced.

It seems every time I am active I get voted scum, so I figured I wouldn't do much to anything at all to try and keep that form happening. Apparently I can't stay in the game no matter what I do.
I'm pretty sure this isn't the best way to keep people off your back.

Rainyman - Quoted post is kinda suspicious, but I'm gonna wait to read into him more before I make any big accusations.
Blakers - I don't really see anything scum-like about him. I'd like to know what other people's cases are on him. Some people seem suspicious, and I don't understand why.
Reinforce - Just subbed in and hasn't posted too much. Again I don't see anything that makes me think he is scum in his posts so far.

Right now my biggest lead is Rainyman, but like I said, I'm gonna have to read into him more.

What is strange, exactly? Also, I wasn't so much defending him as I was answering your question. You asked me if I supported your Jade case, and I said I do not, and I gave my reasons for thinking so. What gave you the impression that I was defending him from that reply?

And is there something wrong with me not seeing the same way that you do? For you, your reasons for suspecting Jade are enough to make you suspect them as scum. For me, it's not enough and not very specific to point them as scum. It means that I need more solid reason/evidence to be convinced.

Fair enough. I think it was quite defensive in that you just said Jade's case is not good for you without actually relating to the points.

It seems every time I am active I get voted scum, so I figured I wouldn't do much to anything at all to try and keep that form happening. Apparently I can't stay in the game no matter what I do.
That's the problem. I can't contribute without being pointed out as scum
And that's also a problem. I have no idea what to do since everything a normal player does I'd be called scummy for doing.
This is not a very helpful train of thought. By now you should have some information worth sharing, so do so. Talking in circles isn't going to help you or us.

I might be extremely active on the site, but as Ive said I really don't know what to say for this mafia game. I am a newbie, but one thing ive mainly seen is voting inactives and also a lot of bandwagoning. I myself bandwagoned on Little Cherrim, for mostly the same reasons as everyone else after I read back.

I'm finding @Jadethepokemontrainer to be scummy, mainly because hes offering up good posts, but in my eyes, they aren't extremely helpful, as hes mainly just saying who he thinks is scummy without much reason, and quite a bit of his more recent posts are literally just him commenting or explaining what hes doing. He's not really helping much to find the scum.

## is used for voting lynch. I'm gonna come back to my original vote ##VOTE: Little Cherrim. for same reasons as before (no, I'm not talking about the bandwagoning reason). oh and just fyi I'm going to bed soon so won't be on much longer.
Why did you decide to almost immediately go back to your original vote, which seemed very scummy time-wise, as we had barely any time left and I had just put Cherrim at almost-death. I had simply voted cherrim for the same reasons as everyone else, collectively. And only right before you went to sleep too. It seems as though to me you were trying to just quickly get rid of Cherrim for some ability or something they had that I am unaware of, which would make scum want someone gone, if ya'know, they have an ability that's harsh on them or something or just crippling (Like Irritating Pollen). Jade is the only person as of rn that seems really scummy to me. ##Vote: JadethePokemonTrainer

As for my own defense, I have yes, been very active, and not contributing much, and that is going to change, (granted im able to before my lynch today happens) but I really do not see how this makes me "easy scum" as @scattered mind said. Is it because I coud be lurking, and that's super scummy, or what? I have no idea what's even happening anymore ._.

(Probably going to get lynched now, see ya all)

You're pushing suspicion onto someone else for reasons that also apply to you. He bandwagoned, you said you did as well. He voted when Cherrim was already near lynch, so did you. This seems pretty obvious to me that you're trying to force suspicion off of you, but the case you make is so weak that it does no good to look at him when you are just as guilty.

Also:
they aren't extremely helpful, as hes mainly just saying who he thinks is scummy without much reason, and quite a bit of his more recent posts are literally just him commenting or explaining what hes doing
But at least he's contributing his thoughts, eh? More than you.

##VOTE: rainyman123

I might be extremely active on the site, but as Ive said I really don't know what to say for this mafia game. I am a newbie, but one thing ive mainly seen is voting inactives and also a lot of bandwagoning. I myself bandwagoned on Little Cherrim, for mostly the same reasons as everyone else after I read back.

I'm finding @Jadethepokemontrainer to be scummy, mainly because hes offering up good posts, but in my eyes, they aren't extremely helpful, as hes mainly just saying who he thinks is scummy without much reason, and quite a bit of his more recent posts are literally just him commenting or explaining what hes doing. He's not really helping much to find the scum.

Why did you decide to almost immediately go back to your original vote, which seemed very scummy time-wise, as we had barely any time left and I had just put Cherrim at almost-death. I had simply voted cherrim for the same reasons as everyone else, collectively. And only right before you went to sleep too. It seems as though to me you were trying to just quickly get rid of Cherrim for some ability or something they had that I am unaware of, which would make scum want someone gone, if ya'know, they have an ability that's harsh on them or something or just crippling (Like Irritating Pollen). Jade is the only person as of rn that seems really scummy to me. ##Vote: JadethePokemonTrainer

As for my own defense, I have yes, been very active, and not contributing much, and that is going to change, (granted im able to before my lynch today happens) but I really do not see how this makes me "easy scum" as @scattered mind said. Is it because I coud be lurking, and that's super scummy, or what? I have no idea what's even happening anymore ._.

What about your townreads?

I pretty much agree with Keeper, in that this looks like a diversion.

Then there's this at the end. Why? If you want to learn what's going on, just read through the game. The end looks really whiny as well. This doesn't help to protect you, and I feel like it's an attempt at AtE more than anything. ##VOTE: rainyman123

I'm a sub, I have no idea what the player I subbed in for was thinking when he made those posts, so the only posts I will reply to will be the ones about my own posts.

I didn't mean lovers as in the mafia role. I meant lovers as in... oh well, it's a spoiler about the movies. If you don't mind: Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner have been shown/stated to be in love since they were small and marry each other by the end of the first trilogy. When Little Cherrim posted that bit about finding Elizabeth Swann, if we're talking role/flavor it was obviously about Will Turner a.k.a. that was his role, even if he did not post his full role PM.

Why not? Can you state an example of a scenario of an inactive lynch where the town benefit and scum do not aside from a lucky inactive scum lynch?

I think those who'd advocate for an inactive lynch are possibly scum (who'd want it so that they don't have to waste their nightkill on that player) or just town who are too lazy to scumhunt based on actual posts of active players, and neither scenario is going to lead to a town win.

Thoughts on rainy ASAP

I pretty much agree with Keeper, in that this looks like a diversion.

Then there's this at the end. Why? If you want to learn what's going on, just read through the game. The end looks really whiny as well. This doesn't help to protect you, and I feel like it's an attempt at AtE more than anything. ##VOTE: rainyman123
Its no so much of me whining as it is me refraining from doing other things that are considered bad. It might be AtE, but I don't think that's a very good reason to try and lynch me. All it is is a way to try and keep out of being lynched, and coming from a guy who's always lynched quickly, i kind of have the right to be pissed, especially since these are my first games. I think I have the right to express my emotions as well, and that probably shouldn't be used a lame excuse to lynch me

scattered mind: Very productive and helpful posts. Also was almost killed day 1. Town
NinjaPenguin: Active and has some productive/useful posts. Neutral/probably town
Keeper of Night: also very active and he shared that info about the last port, which was very useful. Town
Vracken: I felt weird about the pressuring inactives things, but that doesn't really mean they are scum. Neutral
DoS: Productive posts Town

What do you think about Lord?

Town Reads:
@scattered mind - Very active and actively contributing to the game.
@NinjaPenguin - Same reasons as above.

Neutral Reads:
@GM DracLord - I haven't seen enough of his posts.
@Jadethepokemontrainer - Hasn't really been contributing and it seems like most posts are either little information or fluff.

Scum Reads:
@rainyman123 - I actually wasn't gonna put Rainy here until I saw his post right above mine, which isn't helpful to him, or the town. And you are right, Rainy, under fire or not, is very much active all the time.

What do you think about Keeper?

I don't think Rainy is scummier than Jade.
In fact, I suspect that the scum team is Jade Lord and Keeper. If I survive the night, I will explain why.

For now I'll just say: Really guys, look at the Jade case and tell me how rainy's case is stronger. (even though I started both).

##VOTE:Jadethepokemontrainer

That's the problem. I can't contribute without being pointed out as scum
If you contribute, I will not vote you. Since you have started to try to contribute, I'm going to vote for lord, since she has been the true master of repeating what others have said (and wagoning) this game.
##UNVOTE: rainyman123
##VOTE: lord o da rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back