Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he didn't flip Indie, he was Town. I had been insisting that he was indie, and that was based on research I did about the character he claimed to be, and the role's structure, but what I said wasn't right. And a bunch of other people said that they thought he was indie as well. I'm not really sure if that's what you meant, if I'm off the mark can you please explain further?

I would gotten the same conclusion as you based on the Tia claim. Although he flip town, he may have been able to change the alignment once the ability unlocked. i don't think there should be any regret he was lycnh and flip town.

Just a note: The best thing we can have in order to progress and win the game, is if we have 2 cases each day (at least). If we have one case, we can only progress if the one to be lynched flips scum. However, it is when we have 2 cases that generally even if one flipped town, we can still have some interesting insights. Right now there is a case on Jade. Seems like only few people agree with the points against them. In that case, we are in a very bad situation. Look back at your scummiest player (no matter how little info you have on them) take all the quotes of them that you think are suspicious- point them out- explain a little what you think about them, and there you have a case that no matter what- contributes to the town to win. Even if you think you already know what the person you accusing will probably say- that is where you wrong- you'd be surprised by their reactions. And even if that person reacted in a good way-it's still helpful.

Just like the older games. It sure would be helpful, since the event during LC lynch, there are practically almost no other discussion at all.

and if anyone ask. I don't have any reads at the moment. Based on what I reads for now looks neutral.

Just a note: The best thing we can have in order to progress and win the game, is if we have 2 cases each day (at least). If we have one case, we can only progress if the one to be lynched flips scum. However, it is when we have 2 cases that generally even if one flipped town, we can still have some interesting insights. Right now there is a case on Jade. Seems like only few people agree with the points against them. In that case, we are in a very bad situation. Look back at your scummiest player (no matter how little info you have on them) take all the quotes of them that you think are suspicious- point them out- explain a little what you think about them, and there you have a case that no matter what- contributes to the town to win. Even if you think you already know what the person you accusing will probably say- that is where you wrong- you'd be surprised by their reactions. And even if that person reacted in a good way-it's still helpful.

I've got a little bit on Cypher at Post #275. He's also been really inactive lately, so I'd like to know what he has to say about this. ##VOTE: Cypher333
And mirdo, I'd like to see some thoughts out of you as well. I hope you're typing up a post right now, and not just lurking?

I've got a little bit on Cypher at Post #275. He's also been really inactive lately, so I'd like to know what he has to say about this. ##VOTE: Cypher333
And mirdo, I'd like to see some thoughts out of you as well. I hope you're typing up a post right now, and not just lurking?

Cypher was subbed out and I don't think Mirdo is in this game...
Will have more reads tonight when I have more time.

I'll ISO Cypher/RF, since they gave me a bad vibe earlier:
First up, I want to point out that Cypher has 11 posts. I certainly did not think he had that many, and that is generally a sign of no contribution.
Well, don't worry, I only just woke up :/
I'm not going to randomly vote anyone, but I do want to have some fun, so...

##PORT: Tortuga
He didn't RVS, which is anti-town. Not sure if he did in the past.
Oops, sorry.
@@PORT: Tortuga
He corrects his vote. Nothing to see here.
This is only random votes. Seems a bit early to accuse people when nobody has actually found their footing yet.
He did not respond to any of my other RVS, which is strange.
wait no i posted early
I was just trying to point out that NP has a vote weight of 0.
Once again, figuring out somebody's vote weight is useful for scum, not town.
Why do you want to go here? According to simsands, all we'll find is trouble there.
Why did you want to go to Tortuga before simsands's post?
That's a good point, but it seems like we'd be overwhelmed there. We should probably stick to safer places for at least the first day.
Making no enemies.
Well, obvious to you or not, I don't think anyone else followed that thought process. It'd probably be helpful for everyone to explain their thought processes from now on.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Maybe pressuring him could have been better?
MC voted for Port Royal, which, in the movies, is absolutely crawling with the East India Trading Company (according to SS), which is the mafia faction in this game. He said that we should go to said extremely dangerous location in order to find scum. Going to a place full of enemies doesn't seem like a very good idea on day one (or at all, really), does it?
Why do you need the rhetorical question? Just answer yourself, so you can commit to an opinion.
I personally don't really like the case against LC. Unless I missed something, the main point is that they were lurking. They tried to make a point about Morda, but it wasn't very good. I suppose, to make sure the game moves faster, I'll vote on something that I basically started.
##VOTE: Mordacazir
After you said he had a good point? This is opportunistic
I made the post pointing out the mistake. Morda's was post 95, mine was post 96. If you want to look, it's back on page 5.
Claiming credit for something you did not do makes you seem town. That way, nobody noticed that you've contributed very little.
Wow. Doctor got lucky. I *think* this means that since SM was attacked, he's confirmed innocent, but I'm really not sure.
I'd like some clarification on what was going on here. I might've just missed something, but these don't seem right to me.
I don't like the information fish here.
tl;dr on Cypher
-Noncomittal
-Fluffy
Hey, y'all! Looks like I'm up. I'm going to have to start reading back.
nothing of note.
Now this has been a slow game so far but I do have to wonder when Little Cherrim semi-claimed about that part with Elizabeth Swann, it wasn't brought up as much. Which should have been huge because even with that little bit it should have been obvious what role/character Little Cherrim had. Yeah, I know it's flavor, but I doubt scum would have the guts to collaborate on a lovers claim this early in the game. Optimally that should have given us a pair of town soft claims but I guess things don't always work out perfectly. All I've got so far from 16 20-post pages of this game is that scattered is soft-cleared town, there are lots of newbies around which has led to multiple discussions on what is acceptable newbie town/scum meta, there are both useless and dangerous items floating around, and we've got no definite lead on scum so far since both lynches have been playstyle-based.
They weren't lovers. Also, if RF is scum, there probably was a newbie town discussion in the scumchat.
I actually meant that multiple players have engaged in discussing about newbies, but eh if you want to specify semantics, that's up to you. And I'm pretty sure there's been talk on whether Little Cherrim was newbie or not earlier, which IMO fell in that category, but I suppose it doesn't fall under that in your opinion.

On the jade case, I'm eh about it. Previous new players that are quite young have done something similar, a standout example that comes to mind is PikaMasterJesi. And I sense his replies to be genuine confusion and there's no hint of coaching. I'm not saying we should not point out scummy newbies, it's just that I don't get the same scummy viewpoints you're getting on jade that's why I don't consider it a lead. It's not about because he's a newbie.

As for who is actually scummy IMO, I get some vibes from Vracken.

I believe this has been discussed over and over in many of our previous games, but lynching inactives benefits scum. The likelihood that an inactive is town is higher because of the numbers. It's one less player the scum has to kill, who often prefer killing active contributors anyway. And even if the town gets lucky and lynches an inactive scum, there'd be no follow-up discussion to be had since they have no connections that can be picked up from the remaining players (this can also apply to them flipping town).
IMO, inactive lynches do not benefit scum, but that's just a playstyle difference
tl;dr On RF
-Not actually anything of much importance, but I always read him as town
They're not actually that scummy, but I think they're the best lead we have.
##VOTE: Reinforce

I'll ISO Cypher/RF, since they gave me a bad vibe earlier:
First up, I want to point out that Cypher has 11 posts. I certainly did not think he had that many, and that is generally a sign of no contribution.

He didn't RVS, which is anti-town. Not sure if he did in the past.

He corrects his vote. Nothing to see here.

He did not respond to any of my other RVS, which is strange.

Once again, figuring out somebody's vote weight is useful for scum, not town.

Why did you want to go to Tortuga before simsands's post?

Making no enemies.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Maybe pressuring him could have been better?

Why do you need the rhetorical question? Just answer yourself, so you can commit to an opinion.

After you said he had a good point? This is opportunistic

Claiming credit for something you did not do makes you seem town. That way, nobody noticed that you've contributed very little.

I don't like the information fish here.
tl;dr on Cypher
-Noncomittal
-Fluffy

nothing of note.

They weren't lovers. Also, if RF is scum, there probably was a newbie town discussion in the scumchat.

IMO, inactive lynches do not benefit scum, but that's just a playstyle difference
tl;dr On RF
-Not actually anything of much importance, but I always read him as town
They're not actually that scummy, but I think they're the best lead we have.
##VOTE: Reinforce
Didn't Reinforce sub in recently? For all we know Cypher just played differently, sure in a scummy way, though. I'm pretty sure Reinforce has played here in the past, give him some time, see how his playstyle this game compares to past games, and then I think it would be valid to look into it.

Sure, Cypher wasn't contributing, sure there are quite a few good points to be made in favor of his lynch, but it's another player in that role, and I think we should take a step back for about a day and see how they contribute (or not).

Will be reading into more older posts, but at the moment I really haven't found anything that catches my eye. I will post more when I find it.

@NinjaPenguin - Since most of the case is about the player before the sub, we can't get answers of why they acted like it. Also it isn't something particularly weird for Cypher to do, as much as I am familiar with their playstyle. But, the thing is that we are probably better off lynching Jade even in that case. Since Reinforce has subbed in, and we need more info, I think that if Jade flips scum it will give us another reason to look into Reinforce (who defended them in a quite strange way of simply saying that they don't see what I see or something like that).

The only reason to lynch Reinforce now, for me, is to check @Lord o da rings defense that came out of nowhere. btw, Lord, scumreads? townreads?

Have you posted your opinions on Jade, Reinforce and Blakers cases?

For Jade, I don't see any absolute reason to suspect him as he still new so the way he posted before seems neutral.

I'll get back on Reinforce n Blakers, I'm on limited internet right now.. Lost half a day due to blackout

I think Cypher was just playing it safe, not random voting is not a scum tell imo. but I would like to hear more on @Reinforce scum vibes.

No comment on Blakers seems he is not a total newbie nor a player I played long with.

@NinjaPenguin - Since most of the case is about the player before the sub, we can't get answers of why they acted like it. Also it isn't something particularly weird for Cypher to do, as much as I am familiar with their playstyle. But, the thing is that we are probably better off lynching Jade even in that case. Since Reinforce has subbed in, and we need more info, I think that if Jade flips scum it will give us another reason to look into Reinforce (who defended them in a quite strange way of simply saying that they don't see what I see or something like that).

The only reason to lynch Reinforce now, for me, is to check @Lord o da rings defense that came out of nowhere. btw, Lord, scumreads? townreads?
Agreed. RF has given a lot of connections, which could be interesting to check if they do flip scum, but your point about his inability to defend is good.
##UNVOTE: Reinforce
Yeah, @rainyman123 is a lot more active townie than this

Easy scum

##VOTE:rainyman123
I'll hop the wagon.
##VOTE: rainyman123
@rainyman123 Why haven't you been more active?

It seems every time I am active I get voted scum, so I figured I wouldn't do much to anything at all to try and keep that form happening. Apparently I can't stay in the game no matter what I do.

I just thought the pick didn't make any sense. I mean, Reinforce hasn't made much of any contributions yet, and until he does I would just refrain from lynching someone who recently got to the game and hasn't really had an opportunity to contribute to scum hunting.

Town Reads:
@scattered mind - Very active and actively contributing to the game.
@NinjaPenguin - Same reasons as above.

Neutral Reads:
@GM DracLord - I haven't seen enough of his posts.
@Jadethepokemontrainer - Hasn't really been contributing and it seems like most posts are either little information or fluff.

Scum Reads:
@rainyman123 - I actually wasn't gonna put Rainy here until I saw his post right above mine, which isn't helpful to him, or the town. And you are right, Rainy, under fire or not, is very much active all the time.

No one else in particular has stuck out to me yet.

It seems every time I am active I get voted scum, so I figured I wouldn't do much to anything at all to try and keep that form happening. Apparently I can't stay in the game no matter what I do.
You may think by being quiet you're helping yourself but it's only preventing you from making a defense. You're not helping the town or scum with a thought process like this. Please speak up, make a defense, something that can at least give the town a better idea of you.

I just thought the pick didn't make any sense. I mean, Reinforce hasn't made much of any contributions yet, and until he does I would just refrain from lynching someone who recently got to the game and hasn't really had an opportunity to contribute to scum hunting.

Town Reads:
@scattered mind - Very active and actively contributing to the game.
@NinjaPenguin - Same reasons as above.

Neutral Reads:
@GM DracLord - I haven't seen enough of his posts.
@Jadethepokemontrainer - Hasn't really been contributing and it seems like most posts are either little information or fluff.

Scum Reads:
@rainyman123 - I actually wasn't gonna put Rainy here until I saw his post right above mine, which isn't helpful to him, or the town. And you are right, Rainy, under fire or not, is very much active all the time.

No one else in particular has stuck out to me yet.

You may think by being quiet you're helping yourself but it's only preventing you from making a defense. You're not helping the town or scum with a thought process like this. Please speak up, make a defense, something that can at least give the town a better idea of you.
Then what do I even say! Someone's probably coming up with a solid reason to lynch me as they read this post.

You have a scummy town meta, but we know that by now. Last game, your lynch was terrible and unfounded. If you were acting like you did last game, I'd be sure you were not mislynched.
It's great that you're deciding to not play as scummily, but you need to contribute, as that's the only way town can win. Even as an extreme newbie, you still tried to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back