Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Keeper going hard day 1 damn
Seriously though, trying to find out what happens when someone dies...that’s really suspicious
Is it though? I mean, my community only has one jester-like role, but if one is concerned by the Farewell Abilities, then I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
It's that time again...

##Vote: roz_the_eevee

You were scum last game, so you're obviously scum again this time. :U

Also, can someone explain what a mindmeld is? I haven't really seen that term used before.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Do you think RVS serves a purpose? If so, what?
The purpose of RVS is to have a reason to start talking.

Mariano, why does announcing your vote is purely random advance the game state?
What's the difference with, for example, Jabber's vote to Zone just because he hasn't played in a while? How does it "advance" the game state? It's only a kick off to start posting, like everyone else does in every game, most of them are joke votes like mine.

Mornin'. A few important questions for everyone, feel free to answer:

1) Do you have an ability or abilities that in some way relate to your "Farewell" ability?
2) Do you have any way of knowing, or have any idea, of what your "Farewell" ability does?
3) Would you assume that a negative "Farewell" trigger makes somebody anti-town? Why or why not?
Hmm... I prefer not to answer this. Why would I give you these details?

Also, can someone explain what a mindmeld is? I haven't really seen that term used before.
I had to translate that word to Spanish to understand it. It means something like "mental fusion", indicating that someone completely agrees with someone else.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
It's that time again...

##Vote: roz_the_eevee

You were scum last game, so you're obviously scum again this time. :U

Apparently it is when two people have the same thought.
By the way, you do realize that your belief of "he was scum last game, so he is scum this game" is usually wrong, right?
...even though I actually know a guy who played his first three games consecutively as a scum mob, the odds of that actually happening to everyone is rather very low.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
What's the difference with, for example, Jabber's vote to Zone just because he hasn't played in a while? How does it "advance" the game state? It's only a kick off to start posting, like everyone else does in every game, most of them are joke votes like mine.
Jabber at least gave some sort of reason (specific to the person he was voting), which is what caused Zone to respond to it. Why should I care about a vote placed on me at all and give any sort of response if I know it was completely random?
It's not just this, it's that Cel's post was almost exactly what I thought and was going to post myself if I hadn't seen his. It's very much indicative of a town thought process he's using.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
It's not just this, it's that Cel's post was almost exactly what I thought and was going to post myself if I hadn't seen his. It's very much indicative of a town thought process he's using.
Alright, that makes sense.
By the way, you do realize that your belief of "he was scum last game, so he is scum this game" is usually wrong, right?
I mean, it's not impossible. NP's been scum numerous times in a row before.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Jabber at least gave some sort of reason (specific to the person he was voting), which is what caused Zone to respond to it. Why should I care about a vote placed on me at all and give any sort of response if I know it was completely random?
I see your point and makes sense, you're right.

Let's start over again.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Keeper of Night

Why should I answer your questions about my role?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Why should I answer your questions about my role?
...Why are you so against answering something that we all know you have? Everyone has a Farewell role. Do you or do you not know what it does? Simple question, simple answer.

I see you role fishing Keeper. I'm stupid but not that stupid:cool:
##Vote: Keeper of Night
Oops nice try.
##VOTE: TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
You don't get to just come in and bandwagon off of what everyone is saying, try to make yourself look smart for it, and hop on the vote. That's, like, the entire checklist marked off for newb scum.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
You don't get to just come in and bandwagon off of what everyone is saying, try to make yourself look smart for it, and hop on the vote. That's, like, the entire checklist marked off for newb scum.
Man, this is my sixth or seventh game, I've been scum twice before, I'm not gonna give in to your fishing. Besides, I'm on mobile. I saw the bait before anything else.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Keeper's rolefish here is pretty strange and I'm not answering it.
It's not that strange, but you're totally within your rights not to answer it so hey. \o/
Why did you answer his rolefish btw?
I didn't give up any important information by doing so, and I believe Keeper is genuinely trying to figure out how the Farewell mechanic works. I only have vague memories of the last game he played in (Pirates) but I'm 99% sure he was trying to do a similar thing there.
Humble? Well that's easy. It's the guy who voted me without blinking an eye.

Also Jabberwock, you are right. I was invited all the way from NovelUpdates Forum by NinjaPenguin who I met at Mafia Universe during the Championship.
What's your experience with RVS, then? I've only ever played Mafia on this site, so idrk how it differs from locale to locale. @NinjaPenguin looking for you to back up whatever his answer is.
Ah see that's fair. So should we assume then that negative consequences belong to town? Or is it random across the board?
Random across the board; I think PMJ's probably been very careful to give us as little information as possible from a potential claim.
Lol okay then. Nothing that I know relates to a Farewell ability of mine and I definitely have a clear idea of what one effect might be. I agree with Jabber's answer to #3.
That was quick.
The purpose of RVS is to have a reason to start talking.
And how does placing a random vote –– and then telling everybody it's a random vote –– give everyone a reason to start talking?
The difference between those two RVS votes is that I didn't say "oh this is a random vote y'all don't worry about it". I placed a vote on a new player with the intent to see how they reacted –– and they actually gave quite a bit of info; considering they aren't new to the game, they reacted quite strongly to my vote on them (which I think most vets from PB would recognize as a meaningless RVS vote). If they use RVS the same way we do wherever Zone plays Mafia (which I can get confirmation on via NP; thanks NP), then that's a significant slip.
This.
I mean, it's not impossible. NP's been scum numerous times in a row before.
I can't tell if this is a serious line of thought you're pursuing or not.
I see you role fishing Keeper. I'm stupid but not that stupid:cool:
##Vote: Keeper of Night
That's odd considering he wasn't significantly role-fishing.

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
##VOTE: professor_jplap
Just because I generated a random number in random.org, got 12 and looked at that position in the players list in the OP.

Hehe love you too, bro.

Ah: random.org - the perfect place to secretly find out who is scum, right? even though they don't know the order of players

Kill this man

##VOTE: Mariano11887

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
I didn't give up any important information by doing so, and I believe Keeper is genuinely trying to figure out how the Farewell mechanic works. I only have vague memories of the last game he played in (Pirates) but I'm 99% sure he was trying to do a similar thing there.
Maybe I do need to clarify, since I haven't been here in a good bit.
I play these games by learning the game mechanics, because every game has their unique twists, and applying them.

The Farewell ability is (seemingly) hidden to the player that holds it. But I'm confident there would be roles that allude to it via flavor text, and abilities to get around that anyway.
If the effects are random across town/scum for positive/negative effects, that does not rule out that they are /not/ random for an individual character. Meaning, say, I could learn a person's identity via their Farewell ability effects, which if it hasn't been made abundantly clear yet, I can see. And I know this is the case because my character is a bomb, which matches my flavor perfectly. So even though I don't know flavor super well, I can look up characters from PMJ's flavor and work from there. Google is my friend.
Or at least, I can see safe-claim Farewell ability effects. So nobody I "clear" is actually clear, keep in mind. I exist as an info dump to everyone, town and scum alike, so I'm being careful about what I choose to reveal.

I also know from my role that a person can have multiple Farewell abilities. How that effects things, I've no idea as of yet. Maybe there's a character that needs to die twice (first Farewell activates to bring him back, second one activates upon actual death).
And I assume that would be the case because, from roles that I do know, a single Farewell ability can have multiple effects, so there'd be no real reason to split effects across multiple abilities if that's the case.
Also apparently Farewell abilities don't reveal upon death? Just activated. The role specifically states they're revealed "on lynch", so I wonder if they stay hidden if mafia get them.

...This has been your Keeper info dump for the day. Now let's get pickin'.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Maybe not, however, asking about farewell abilities and such puts me on edge of anything. My thought process was "asking to get info for plotting possibly"
In what way would any answer you give Keeper enable a plot?
Hehe love you too, bro.

Ah: random.org - the perfect place to secretly find out who is scum, right? even though they don't know the order of players

Kill this man

##VOTE: Mariano11887
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: PROFESSOR_JPLAP

>.>
I also know from my role that a person can have multiple Farewell abilities. How that effects things, I've no idea as of yet. Maybe there's a character that needs to die twice (first Farewell activates to bring him back, second one activates upon actual death).
And I assume that would be the case because, from roles that I do know, a single Farewell ability can have multiple effects, so there'd be no real reason to split effects across multiple abilities if that's the case.
Also apparently Farewell abilities don't reveal upon death? Just activated. The role specifically states they're revealed "on lynch", so I wonder if they stay hidden if mafia get them.
Why are you telling scum any of this?

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
Mornin'. A few important questions for everyone, feel free to answer:

1) Do you have an ability or abilities that in some way relate to your "Farewell" ability?
2) Do you have any way of knowing, or have any idea, of what your "Farewell" ability does?
3) Would you assume that a negative "Farewell" trigger makes somebody anti-town? Why or why not?

1)...Yes probably
2) Not at all
3) Not going to answer this 'till I can

Isn't there a word for this? When you vote the guy that voted you for no other reason? Besides scummy.

1. It's RVS
2. Voting the person who voted you is extremely common during RVS

Status
Not open for further replies.