Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
...by the way, while I do appreciate @PMJ's dedication, I honestly thought of how funny it would be if Mafia LIII would be a Danganronpa V3 based Mafia game. It's literally in the title after all.
It's particularly funny you mention it since I know of at least two people (Tapu Lele and TOTAL_EPICNESS) on here who want to host a Danganronpa themed game soon. :p

Last edited:
Hey new friend, glad to have you aboard. As NP said, lock triggers can be pretty much anything. Friendship Activities are unrelated to them, however. Think of them like mini games. You can ignore them or

Hey new friend, glad to have you aboard. As NP said, lock triggers can be pretty much anything. Friendship Activities are unrelated to them, however. Think of them like mini games. You can ignore them or
Got it. o7

You can ignore them or play them at your leisure, provided you aren't specifically barred from participating.

Signups will stay open through the weekend, closing off Sunday afternoon or evening depending on when I'm around to send out role PMs. It'll be a night zero start after that.

You make lucky number thirteen, but I wouldn't complain if somehow five more people joined between now and deadline.

You know what? I may as well join. I'll make myself make time for this

All right, boys, it's time to get this war underway. I've employed a crack team of world-class scientists to help me determine that one-fourth of 12 is not four, so there already is much better balance in this setup, even if I had to change the number of scum I originally wanted.

There still exist three factions, same as normal. That did not change. Fortunately, fourteen is enough that the only roles that I had to eliminate were swingy or dealt specifically with other roles and so I had to delete them as a necessity. Most roles saw an overall decrease in power due to the decrease in players. Some roles saw their abilities absorbed by other roles. I'll share the original role list in the postgame.

All the Friendship Activities are intact. With fourteen players, even in a worst-case scenario for the town, the game should last long enough for each planned activity to actually happen.

Roles will be randomly assigned using random.org, and passed out to players in the order in which they signed up.

Like this post to confirm receipt of your role PM. Once eleven players like this post, night zero will begin. Night zero is going to be a little less than 72 hours in length so that I can better coincide the end of day with my own schedule. (If you don't like this post by the end of day one, you will be subbed out, or modkilled if no subs join in that time.)

Mariano is on V/LA while he ties the knot, congrats my dude.

Mafia 53 starts now. Reminder to not like any posts unless directed to and do not edit your posts under any circumstances unless you want to die a horrible, screaming death. If you have any questions about anything, send me a PM. Let's have some fun.

Mafia 53 starts now. Reminder to not like any posts unless directed to and do not edit your posts under any circumstances unless you want to die a horrible, screaming death.
As a troller, I am urged to do this.
[However as a fake-soldier, I can only say: o7]

That reminds me, it is recommended that you all "Watch" this thread to get notified whenever a new post is made.

That reminds me, it is recommended that you all "Watch" this thread to get notified whenever a new post is made.
I already did, and for some reason, I can't stop getting emails from it...

All role PMs have been sent out. If you didn't get yours, let me know.

I already did, and for some reason, I can't stop getting emails from it...
You choose whether to get e-mail notifications or not when you watch the thread. Try unwatching it and then watching it again, this time choosing not to receive e-mail notifications from it? Other than that, I think there's a universal option in account settings surrounding receiving alerts as e-mails.

VN5uxTi.png

That didn't take long at all. Remember that you must still like the post directed if you don't wanna be modkilled.

The night zero update contains no game information, so reading it is optional. Twilight holds council with the rest of the Mane Six the night before they go to war. Not all updates will be this lengthy, but they will all be spoilered regardless of length. Future updates will include kill information, so you will want to read those. I promise they will not require you to set aside an afternoon to read.

Friendly reminder that abilities that can be used on night zero are clearly marked and there are no exceptions. If you do not want to use any night action on this or any other night, please submit to me "no action."

Twilight magics open the doors to the throne room, where her fellow Elements of Harmony - most of them, she amends as she realizes that one of them is missing - are already seated in their respective thrones around the Cutie Map, waiting for her. Minuette trots faithfully beside her, unwilling to risk leaving Twilight unguarded for any period of time.

Next to Twilight's throne is a small gray unicorn. His fragile look and calming voice betrays a sharp and agile mind, one which has numerous experiences leading ponies into battle. He is dressed in a simple brown cloak, and he bows respectfully to the princess and her guard. "My lady," he greets her.

"Hey, Stygian. Sorry I'm late," Twilight replies casually as she hops into her chair. Minuette silently moves into position beside Twilight's throne, and the strategy meeting begins. Or, it would, if everypony was present. She resists the urge to sigh - it's not like she had no idea why she hadn't shown up. Still, she has to ask. "Where's Pinkie?"

"Home," Rainbow Dash replies. "She won't leave Sugarcube Corner. And before you ask, yes, I told her how important it was for her to be here."

Twilight frowns. "She really should be here... Sorry, Stygian. She was close to the Cakes, so she's in mourning right now. Let's start the meeting, and we can fill Pinkie in later. Is that acceptable?"

"Of course, Your Highness." Stygian levitates a pen and uses it to point to different locations on the Cutie Map. "Tirek has taken over nearly all Equestria in only one short year. One of the largest reasons he has not fully succeeded is the seemingly impenetrable barrier surrounding this. I wager that's due to the six of you," he says, looking at each Element in turn. "As I understand it, since this castle was grown from the chest that sprouted from the Tree of Harmony, and you six are directly connected to the Elements themselves, it is through the power of your friendship that the barrier exists at all. As an added bit of luck, the castle itself is in quite a fortuitous position; the surrounding area is nothing but thick forest that Tirek's armies will be hard-pressed to traverse easily. And though Tirek himself may not fear the creatures lurking in the Everfree Forest, his rank and file soldiers will surely hesitate to brave it."

Rainbow Dash leans back in her throne, propping her back hooves up on the table, distorting the hologram image of Equestria where she does so. "Too bad we couldn't just Element his ass like we did last time..."

"That's just it," Twilight jumps in. "We should have been able to. Our friendship has been through worse. I don't understand. What happened?"

"Um," Fluttershy begins, "We went up against Tirek, tried using the Elements of Harmony to defeat him, found out they didn't work anymore, and then we, um, got beaten." Twilight stares blankly at her, not expecting exactly that sort of response, and Fluttershy bows her head slightly, her mane falling over her face. "Sorry. You did ask."

Applejack pats Fluttershy with a hoof. "I don't think she meant it literally, Fluttershy."

Twilight shrugs. "It's a start. The Elements didn't even respond. It was like when I gave Spike Rainbow Dash's element. Even when you all were corrupted, the Elements still worked... kind of... None of us were corrupted then, so how in Equestria did--"

The doors to the throne room swing open, and Pinkie Pie walks in. Her mane is back to its bouncy, curly self, but the expression on her face is still as somber as ever. "There's more to corruption than what's on the outside, Princess," she says as she takes her seat.

"Pinkie! I'm glad you're here. You look... okay," she decides hesitantly. She can't remember a time when Pinkie looked this distraught. "Are you... okay?"

Pinkie smiles at Twilight, and it gives her chills. It's not even pretending to be a genuine smile, a far cry from the face-hurting smiles Pinkie is known for. "Oh, Twilight. Of course I'm okay, silly! I've only lost two ponies I've known since I was little in one day because somepony else who I thought was my friend killed one in cold blood and didn't think to protect the other one and got him killed too. I mean, If I were a super powerful alicorn princess with phenomenal cosmic powers and was holding captive an enemy agent who just promised to reveal to us everything he knew in exchange for keeping him safe then I'd probably do more than just put him in a generic cell with a single guard." She laughs, and even this fake smile fades. She glares at Twilight, her eyes full of hate. "But that's just me."

"Damn it, Pinkie!" Twilight slams her hooves hard on the table, causing the map to flicker temporarily. "I said I was sorry! What else do you want from me?!"

"I want you to admit that you aren't as perfect as you think. That none of us are. You don't want to admit that Mrs. Cake was right, and that there are spies in the EDF. Maybe even in this room."

Rarity scoffs, offended at the insinuation. "I beg your pardon?! None of us would ever betray Twilight! I would rather die."

"You... you think we're spies?" Fluttershy asks, clearly hurt by her friend's words.

Twilight feels a familiar flash of anger, but keeps it in check. "Do you know something we don't?" she asks.

Pinkie shakes her head. "No. But I did meet one of Tirek's spies on my way here."

Twilight's eyes bug out, and she's a little relieved to hear that there are other shouts of disbelief from the other girls. "You what?! Who was it? Did you see their face? Are you okay?"

Pinkie sighs, as if this topic was as mundane as discussing the weather. "I didn't see who it was. They were wearing a mask, and their cutie mark was covered. They were there, at the execution. They saw me yelling at you and thought they would try to get me to abandon you and join them." She looks Twilight dead in the face, her face gravely serious. "I almost said yes."

Twilight opens her mouth, a scathing reply hot on her lips, but she again keeps her cool. Instead, she simply takes a deep, calming breath and lets it out.

Applejack gives her a sidelong glance. "Well, what did you say?"

"I said no, of course, but come on, Applejack. If I was really a spy, do you think I'd just admit it? Kinda defeats the purpose of being a spy if you just come right out and say it... oh, and he also said that Tirek was proud of you, Twilight, for executing a traitor, and he told me to tell Rainbow Dash that Tirek will have another assignment for her soon."

"What?!" Twilight is surprised to hear that come from not only Rainbow Dash's mouth, but Fluttershy's as well.

Rainbow looks over at Twilight, who has a decidedly neutral expression on her face. "Oh, come on, Twilight, you're not really entertaining the idea of me being a spy, right?" She rolls her eyes when Twilight says nothing. "Uh, hello, Element of Loyalty over here, remember? I'd never join that meathead!"

Rarity scrunches her face in thought. "You know... you have been awfully scarce around Ponyville lately..."

"That's because I--"

"She's been staying with me!" Fluttershy, for her, yells, a nearly conversational tone. "I know I'm not very useful in a fight, so she's been helping me train!" She glares at Rarity, dangerously close to leveling the full power of her Stare on her. "And even if she wasn't, that doesn't mean she's a spy! I've known her longer than any of you, and I won't let anypony say bad things about my best friend!"

The room is silent. Everypony is staring slack-jawed at the yellow pegasus. She quickly takes notice of the look of shock on their faces and retreats into her mane. "Sorry. I'm sorry. Um... sorry."

After picking her jaw up off the floor, Rainbow Dash pounds a hoof on the table in excitement. "Hell no! That was awesome, Fluttershy!" She throws a not-at-all-subtle glance towards Rarity. "At least somepony has my back."

"Now, Rainbow," Applejack cuts in, hoping to defuse the situation, "I don't think Rarity meant to say that yer a spy."

Rarity scoffs, turning her nose up at the blue pegasus. "I most certainly did! How do we know that those two aren't working for Tirek together?"

Fluttershy's momentary assertiveness is gone. She cowers behind Dash, muttering apologies no one can hear. Dash leaps onto the table, crossing over to her accuser. "You wanna say that to my face, you little--"

"Girls!" Twilight yells. "Don't you see? This is exactly what Tirek wants! He knows we can't lose as long as the magic of friendship binds us. If you let him drive a wedge between us now, then all is lost." Dash grumbles something, but returns to her seat. "Pinkie... you're right. I owe you an apology. I acted rashly and out of anger, and I made a mistake that I'll spend the rest of my life atoning for. I know I've done some dumb things in the past, and you've never been afraid to call me out on them. You tried to help me, and I lashed out at you. I know it won't change anything, but I am so, so sorry. I won't ask you to forgive me. But will ask you - all of you," she amends, looking at each of her friends as she speaks, "To stand with me against the creature responsible for forcing the Cakes' betrayal. We are Equestria's last hope. Things may look grim, but if our destiny is to die, then let's die together, bound by friendship and love, united forever."

"Or just not die," Dash chimes in. "That's cool too."

Twilight chuckles. "Sure. What do you say, girls?" She jumps onto the table and walks to the center, extending a hoof. "Will you stand by this silly filly as she stares death in the face and dares him to blink?"

Rainbow joins her on the table, extending her hoof out to Twilight's. "We'll follow you Tartarus and back again! Right, Fluttershy?"

"Mmm," Fluttershy nods, fluttering over to the two mares and putting her hoof in alongside them.

Twilight turns to Applejack and smiles warmly. "Do I even have to ask you?"

"Course not," she replies, climbing onto the table and nuzzling Twilight briefly as her hoof joins the three others. "You're my best gal, Twi. I ain't leavin' your side 'til the day I die."

"Thank you. Rarity?"

Rarity sighs dramatically, rolling her eyes. "I suppose after a rousing speech like that, I can't very well say no, can I?" She climbs on the table and approaches the others in the middle. "And I'm sorry for accusing you, Rainbow. Can you forgive me?"

Rainbow shrugs. "I'm over it."

Rarity adds her hoof to the group, and then there is only one pony left seated. "Pinkie," Twilight begins, and Pinkie sighs. "I know I haven't given you many good reasons to trust my judgment lately. And I know you think I should be more discerning in who I trust, given the circumstances. And technically, you're right. Any one of them could be a spy. Even you. But I can't afford to take that chance. I hope you can understand that. We need to be united on this."

"If I may, Princess?" Stygian asks, approaching the pink pony. "Princess Twilight is correct in saying that even if you do not entirely trust your friends, it is very important that whatever animosity there is between you doesn't leave this room. If ponies see the Elements of Harmony infighting, their morale will plummet. The situation is grim enough without seeing their supposed saviors bickering with each other. Additionally, Mrs. Cake's words have no doubt spread to the general population by now; everypony will be looking to you six as a beacon of hope. Trust in your friends, Pinkie Pie. You all believed in me and saved me when I wanted to give into the shadows. That is proof that you should never, ever give up on your friends, no matter how bleak the situation gets."

"I trust Twilight," Pinkie says to Stygian, humorlessly bouncing on to the table. To Twilight, she says, "I always have. I love you, Twilight. I love all you girls. I don't want to see any of you get hurt. Just promise you'll be careful, okay?"

"I promise," Twilight replies solemnly. "You have my word." Pinkie adds her hoof, and the six friends all smile at each other. "Thank you, girls. It's a long road ahead. And let's be honest; no matter how careful we are... one or all of us could die in the upcoming battle. I don't want to think about it, but it's a possibility. We need clear heads if we're going to stand any chance against the Deadly Alliance. Everypony get some rest - tomorrow, we fight."

Night 0 ends Wednesday, August 15, at 4 AM CDT (Timer). Day 1 sunrise will last for twelve hours after that. Reminder that no night actions will be accepted during sunrise.

Last edited:
Reminder that it's sunrise. Day 1 won't start until later today.

Everyone who used an ability should get results back which I'll explain further later. If you did not get a response from me with regards to your night action please tell me.

Anyone who has not liked the post will be subbed out at the end of day 1.

Don't like any posts unless I specifically direct you to.

@Keeper of Night @scattered mind @NinjaPenguin @GM DracLord @quakingpunch73 @TOTAL_EPICNESS @Mariano11887 @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK @Jabberwock @roz_the_eevee @Celever @Professor_jplap @Zone Q11 @Jadethepokemontrainer

HGVYtYn.png

The day one update is also pure flavor, so reading it is optional. The Deadly Alliance attacks Ponyville, catching our heroes off guard. All forces gather in the town square, and the battle for Equestria begins.

"Twilight! Princess Twilight!"

The princess in question, just on this side of consciousness, barely registers the guard's frantic yelling. She takes a long, slow breath, taking in the earthy smell of the pony next to her. The guard doesn't bother knocking, shoving the doors to Twilight's chambers open and all but galloping to Twilight's bedside. "Twilight, get up!" Her white coat and bright pink mane stand out against Twilight's dark purple bedsheets.

Twilight groans. So does Spike, who up until a few moments ago was calmly sleeping in his basket next to Twilight's bed. He pulls his blanket over his head and again tries getting a few more blissful moments of rest.

It really should be illegal to be awake before noon. Maybe I can get a law passed...

"Twinkleshine, what time is it?" she asks, dreading the answer. Probably wasn't even seven yet.

"Time for you to get up! Tirek's forces have been spotted just outside Ponyville!"

That gets her attention. Twilight's eyes shoot open, all her sleepiness sublimated in an instant. "What?!" She scrambles out of bed, nearly kicking her bedmate. She accidentally steps on the edge of Spike's bed as she gets out of bed, tumbling the baby dragon (and the comic book he'd snuck in there with him) to the floor.

They are both forgotten immediately as Twilight starts pacing around the room in a panic. "How did they get through the forest so quickly? How did no one see them coming until now?! Wait," she says, stopping in place. Her mind continues to work, however. "I bet they marched through the night. Ugh, his soldiers must be so tired. And he's going to make them fight? Damn it. Where are the others?"

"Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy aren't here yet. They headed to Fluttershy's cottage last night and are presumably still there. She lives close to the Everfree Forest, though, so you'd think they would have heard a massive army walking through the forest..." Twinkleshine realizes she's gone off track and shakes her head to clear her mind. "Sorry, ma'am. Pinkie Pie and Rarity are helping Minuette evacuate the remaining citizens to this castle, as planned. And Applejack is, um, well... right here. Ma'am," she finishes.

Twilight whirls on Spike, who is currently hiding underneath both blanket and basket. She lifts the excess with her magic and tosses it away. "Spike! Get up, Spike. I need you to send Celestia a letter. Tell her Tirek has launched a surprise attack and we need her and the other princesses here ASAP. After you're done, meet us in the town square. Got it?"

"You bet!" He salutes Twilight, then flies over to her desk to fetch a quill and scroll.

Applejack stretches her limbs and leaps from Twilight's large, but simple, bed. She picks up the two lengths of ribbon on Twilight's bedside table and quickly ties off her mane and tail. "S'pose I'll go help Mac assemble the troops. We'll head out right away."

"Sounds good," Twilight says with a nod. "Twinkleshine, you're with me. We'll help with the evac and hold the line with Minuette and the others until everypony gets here."

"Yes, ma'am!" Twinkleshine salutes sharply, and the three ponies head out.

Twilight and Twinkleshine separate from Applejack and make their way down the road. Eventually they meet up with Pinkie, who is leading a long line of ponies towards the castle. Twilight is immediately worried when she does not see the Element of Generosity among them. "Where's Rarity?" she asks.

"This way, everypony!" Pinkie calls to the crowd. "Hey, Twilight. A few more ponies volunteered to fight, so Rarity took them to Carousel Boutique to get fitted for armor. I told her that you wouldn't like that, but she just flipped her mane at me and said, 'Oh, I'll be fine, darling, really, go on!'" Pinkie does an eerily perfect impersonation of her friend's posh accent.

"All right. At least she's safe. Once you get everypony situated, grab Spike and f--"

An explosion is heard in distance, in the direction of Ponyville. A shrill, high-pitched scream pierces through the noise, and the color fades from Twilight's face.

"What was that?!" Twinkleshine exclaims.

"That was Rarity. I'd know that movie star shriek anywhere. Come on, Pinkie, let's go." Twilight turns to Twinkleshine. "I need to keep the Elements together. Can you escort these ponies to the castle? Have Moon Dancer get them taken care of, then haul ass to Carousel Boutique as fast as you can."

"Yes, ma'am! What about Spike? I don't want to leave him behind..."

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that," Twilight says with a knowing grin. "If you even hint to him that Rarity's in danger, he'd drag himself by his eyelids to rescue her. And with those new wings of his, he'll probably beat you back into town. Now go!"

"I'm on it!" Twinkleshine declares proudly. "Everypony, follow me! My name is Twinkleshine, and I'll be escorting you the rest of the way!"

Twilight and Pinkie rush to the main part of town, where they stare in horror at what is surely the source of the explosion. Carousel Boutique is engulfed in flames; ponies are looting nearby stores and ransacking abandoned homes. Rarity in inside her shop screaming, frantically and carelessly tossing dress after dress out of the front window. Part of the second floor caves in, crashing loudly. The section of the store is currently uninhabited, but it spooks Rarity all the same, and she lets out another girly yelp as she trips over something and falls flat on her face. She quickly composes herself, however, and continues to toss her ruined dresses outside. A few ponies approach Twilight and Pinkie, intent on not letting them get near Rarity.

"Rarity! Get out of there!" Twilight yells in to her friend. The flames are everywhere; it's a wonder Rarity hasn't already burned alive at this point. She gives Pinkie a quick glance. "Cover me while I take care of the fire."

Pinkie nods solemnly, reaching behind her. She pulls out a mallet, with a head nearly as big as hers. She looks at it disapprovingly. "Oops," she says, putting it back and taking out a second mallet; this one's head is almost comically sized, nearly almost as big and thick as her entire body. Seemingly impossibly, she waves it around as it if were a toy, and for a moment, one of their assailants thinks it is. It's the last thought he ever thinks as Pinkie charges forward, winding up for a huge swing. She raises the hammer high and swings it down impossibly fast, crushing the would-be attacker's head into something unrecognizable. The other two ponies look at each other with horror in their eyes, realizing they may have gotten in over their heads.

Twilight leaves Pinkie to handle things as she turns to Carousel Boutique. She fires a bolt of magic at the door, blowing it apart and leaving a clear path for Rarity to escape from. She does so just in time for another part of the second floor to come crashing down into the shop. With her friend safe, Twilight focuses her mind and lights up her horn. A magenta bubble of magic surrounds Carousel Boutique, and Twilight winces as she feels the hot sensation of the fire on her horn. It burns momentarily, but slowly begins to die down as the fires become less and less intense. With no air inside the bubble, the flames are eventually snuffed out, leaving only a sickly gray smoke cloud to stain the inside of the bubble. Once Twilight's sure the flames have subsided, she releases the bubble and a massive column of smoke shoots into the sky and is carried off by the morning breeze.

Rarity is duly impressed. She nods approvingly as Pinkie finishes off the third unlucky pony with her huge hammer. "Thanks, Pinkie," Twilight says gratefully. "Rarity, are you okay?"

Rarity lets out a whine and laments the loss of her store and home. It's beyond salvageable; Twilight is surprised it's still standing at all, with all the structural damage. As if on cue, the entire thing collapses in on itself, and Twilight puts up a barrier around her and her friends to protect them from the debris. "I'm okay, but my beautiful boutique..."

"What happened? Pinkie said you found some more volunteers..."

"It was horrible, Twilight, simply horrible! They were spies, Twilight, all three of them were! I brought them to the boutique for a fitting, and they turned on me the moment we were inside! Clearly meant to overpower me with their numbers, no doubt. They used their magic to set the whole place aflame!" She feels around on the back of her head, hissing when she hits a sore spot."One of them knocked me over the head with something, I don't know. I was dazed momentarily, but..." she does a flip of her mane again, and Twilight and Pinkie share a look. "Like those Diamond Dogs before them, they assumed that just because I am a delicate flower of a lady that I am unable to handle myself." Rarity titters at the apparent stupidity of her attackers. "We've faced down enemies stronger than even Tirek. What chance did those three stallions think they had?"

"I'm just glad you're all right," Twilight says, sighing. "Come on, we've got to regroup with the others. I haven't heard from Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy yet and I'm worried about th-"

Suddenly, from the sky, a voice was heard, clear as day. "I'm coming, Rarity!"

Twilight groans. Rarity rolls her eyes. Spike is flying as fast as his little wings can carry him, shouting promises to save his beloved crush. He banks downward a little too quickly and almost crashes into what's left of the boutique. He circles around and nails the landing this time with claws extended. "Die, fiends!... Wait, huh?"

Twilight just laughs and pets him. "Its taken care of, Spike. Rarity's safe. Did you send the letter?"

"Yep! Haven't gotten a reply back, though."

"I'm not expecting one. Have you seen Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy?"

Spike perks up, as if remembering. "Oh yeah! They're with AJ and Big Mac, battling against King Sombra on the other side of town!"

Rarity steps forward. "Then there's no time to lose!"

In the town square, EDF forces stand in direct opposition with Deadly Alliance troops. At the front of the EDF line are three Elements of Harmony, Minuette, and Applejack's older brother McIntosh. Across the square is King Sombra, standing proudly in front of a legion of crystal ponies interspersed with normal ponies of all races, each wearing the Deadly Alliance uniform.

An EDF pegasus scout notices somepony approaching from the east. "It's the princess! Princess Twilight approaches!"

Murmurs spread throughout the crowd as they clear a path for Her Majesty. Twilight makes her way to the front of the crowd and is immediately flanked by the five Elements. Minuette runs up to Twilight and barely resists giving her a hug. Instead, she salutes. "Where's Twinkleshine?" Twilight asks, not taking her eyes off Sombra.

Minuette's face falls in a panic. "She's not with you? I sent her back to get you!"

Twilight nods. "I saw her. I gave her instructions to come here when she was finished taking care of the townsfolk. She's probably on her way. Any sign of the other princesses?"

"No, ma'am, nothing."

Twilight purses her lips. In her heart of hearts, she knows that not even Princess Celestia can get from Canterlot to Ponyville that quickly. Still, not having her mentor and friend here is unsettling, especially given who was currently standing in front of her. "What are you staring at"

"Lunch," Sombra says ominously, licking his lips in anticipation. "So good of you to finally join us..."

"I have nothing to say to you, dog. Shouldn't you be cowering at your master's heel?"

"I serve no one," the dark pony replies. "We in the Deadly Alliance are equals."

Twilight lets out a short laugh. "You and Tirek are about as equal as you and Fluttershy's pet Angel. He'll sell you out as soon as you've outlived his usefulness. Now where is he?!"

The talk between Twilight and Sombra has captivated the crowd, including the pegasus scout. He hears something behind him and he turns around to investigate. "We... we're surrounded!" He yells, and now all attention is on the army of ponies coming from the south, lead by Tirek himself and...

King Sombra?

Twilight does a double take, looking at the Sombra in front of her and the pony marching alongside Tirek. They look exacty the same. Twilight throws caution to the wind and flies over to the Sombra in front of her, shooting it with a small blast of magic. It flickers for a moment before fading into nothing, and Twilight's eyes go wide.

"An... an illusion? But how? How can this be?! It was so real!"

A voice rings out from the Deadly Alliance crowd. "It's easy when you're as skilled a sorceress as me..."

The crowd parts, and a unicorn steps forward to claim responsibility. She is wearing a black cloak covered in outlines of purple stars. On top of her head is a standard wizard hat, decorated the same way. "Don't you just love my new cloak?" she gushes. "I had it custom made." She notices the look of death Twilight is giving her. "Oh, don't look at me like that, Twilight," she mock pouts. "Aren't we friends?"

"I thought we were, Trixie," Twilight laments. "I really did. I thought I'd gotten through to you after the incident with the Alicorn Amulet, but I guess not."

Trixie continues chatting Twilight up as Tirek and Sombra finish their approach. "It's nothing personal. I just got tired of waiting for you and your precious princess pony pals to get off your asses and do something about Tirek, so I did something instead. And it's the best decision I ever made. You saw how real that illusion looked, right? So much power, Twilight. It's nothing like the Alicorn Amulet, it's... it's... incredible," she decides, in awe of the strength bestowed upon her. "Lord Tirek really is amazing..."

"Princess Twilight!" Tirek's booming voice cuts off all others. He's carrying something under his arm, something Twilight can't quite make out from where she is. She flies over the crowd, landing several paces away from Tirek and his army. "I have something that I believe belongs, or, heh, belonged, to one of your soldiers. He takes the item out from underneath his arm and casually tosses it towards Twilight. It bounces unevenly along the ground before coming to a stop a few feet in front of Twilight.

There are screams and gasps as ponies start realizing what it is that Tirek threw. Word quickly travels through the ranks as Twilight stares down at the severed head of Twinkleshine. "Bastard..." she growls, her fury building to heights she didn't think possible. "You bastard!"

"Ha!" Tirek laughs. "I did you a favor, Princess. She was one of mine. One of many, I assure you."

"Liar!" Twilight screams, wildly firing a beam of energy at Tirek, but it harmlessly dissipates against a shield that Twilight is furious and embarrassed to realize that she couldn't see.

"You're welcome!" Trixie sings from several feet behind Twilight.

Twilight senses three strong presences flying in from above, and after a few moments, Equestria's three other princesses have joined Twilight's side.

"Sorry we're late," Luna apologizes. "There were... problems that needed our immediate attention."

"Ah, perfect!" Tirek claps his hands together. "All four of you are here. Have you decided to give me your magic? Or will you stand against me and meet the same fate as your friend there?"

The princesses look down at Twinkleshine's head, and Celestia nuzzles Twilight gently. "I am so sorry, Twilight. She was a brave soldier and a wonderful friend, loyal until the end."

"I know," Twilight says with no doubt in her mind. "I know that she wouldn't betray me, just like I know that none of my friends would betray me. We've had our ups and downs, but what friends haven't? We have the power of friendship on our side, and with it, we are invincible! For Twinkleshine, for Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and for all the ponies whose lives you've upended in your mad quest for power... I will destroy you. Your life ends here! The Deadly Alliance falls today!"

"Do you believe that only you can benefit from the magic of friendship, princess?" Tirek asks. "Just because our ideals differ does not mean I cannot have friends. I spent my time in Tartarus thinking about where I went wrong, and it suddenly became so clear to me. I needed friends. Allies I could trust, who want to see you dead, and would follow me into battle. Now I have them, and I have never been stronger. So come at me, Princess Twilight Sparkle! Come at me, and see what the power of friendship is truly capable of!"

Day 1 ends Sunday, August 19, at 4 PM CDT (Timer) or whenever someone is lynched. There are 14 players in the game, so it is 8 to lynch.

Reminders:

- No Lynch is a valid vote (##VOTE: No Lynch)
- If no one reaches majority by deadline, whoever has the most votes is lynched
- If two or more people are tied for most votes, no one is lynched
- If you haven't liked the game start post before day 1 ends, you will be subbed out

A couple things I have to mention before I forget:

1. The characters mentioned in the story are not meant to be inclusive. There are some who are not, and not all of them are aligned with the town. Remember to not assume alignment based on anything you find in the story.

2. Lynches (in the story) don't happen. They're handled a little differently, but it's important to keep in mind that for the purposes of the game, a player who is lynched in-game is still considered lynched, even though their death won't be covered that way in the story.

You'll see once you string someone up. It's easier than I'm making it sound. Go get 'em.

But wait! There's more!

O9HLHIQ.png

In the episode "Sweet and Elite," Rarity blows off her small-town friends in order to hobnob with the Canterlot elite before learning that you shouldn't forget where you come from, no matter how successful you get. In this Friendship Activity, you're going to determine who among you is the most humble with a little popularity contest.

The rules are simple. Out of all the players who have entered, PM me who you feel is the most popular player. After everyone has voted, the results are revealed, and everyone who chose the most popular player is eliminated. In the event that multiple players receive the most votes, they will all be eliminated. This continues until one or two players remains. The prize for the players who remained humble: a QuickTopic that you can invite one other player to, where you can discuss the game at any time.

The first ten players to like this post will become Canterlot elite. You are not allowed to discuss this in thread or in any other QuickTopics. Good luck, everypony!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back