Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
##VOTE: professor_jplap
Just because I generated a random number in random.org, got 12 and looked at that position in the players list in the OP.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: PROFESSOR_JPLAP

##UNVOTE: Mariano
##VOTE: professor_jplap

Am I playing different than I usually play? Could that be why you think I'm scum? I'll have you know I was scum in Fight for the Falls and I seem to have played very differently then. I'm still new to this game and make a few mistakes, but it seems every Mafia game I play everyone always assumes I'm scum within 24 hrs of the game starting. I wasn't scum most of the time then, so what make you think I am now?

Am I playing different than I usually play? Could that be why you think I'm scum? I'll have you know I was scum in Fight for the Falls and I seem to have played very differently then. I'm still new to this game and make a few mistakes, but it seems every Mafia game I play everyone always assumes I'm scum within 24 hrs of the game starting. I wasn't scum most of the time then, so what make you think I am now?
Meta can contribute to a defense but it can't be the entire thing. People have stated in-thread what actions they think are scummy that you've done (go back and reread if you've forgotten) so defend those actions.

Keeper did that as well... Are opening votes normal here? Are they considered the same as a greeting? Because if more than half of all Players "greet" the same Player, then...
It's just the equivalent of throwing stuff around to see what sticks. No one expects an opening vote to do anything, but the mentality here is that it's still better than nothing.

You don't get to just come in and bandwagon off of what everyone is saying, try to make yourself look smart for it, and hop on the vote. That's, like, the entire checklist marked off for newb scum.

You can check out my newb scum experience here.

Meta can contribute to a defense but it can't be the entire thing. People have stated in-thread what actions they think are scummy that you've done (go back and reread if you've forgotten) so defend those actions.

So are you saying if I unvote, this would all be over? Cuz that's obviously not going to happen.

Nope. No it isn't. Voting random players (not telling them it's random ofc) is extremely common during RVS. OMGUS is not extremely common during RVS.

Ok guess it's not then after looking at past games. But that was my belief earlier.

What would change whether or not you can answer it?

Trying to understand it lol

Yeah no not buying it nice one.

Buying what?

Future reference that I'm feeling a chainsaw defense here.

???

##UNVOTE:

RVS is clearly over now

Here, Early random vote (opening votes) are normal within the first 48 hours (at most) of Day 1 (sometimes day 1 votes are to random that it lead to the people with the most vote lynched)
-> I see...
-> "Sometimes". Hopefully it does not mean this time...
It's just the equivalent of throwing stuff around to see what sticks. No one expects an opening vote to do anything, but the mentality here is that it's still better than nothing.
-> I see... Very well. Understood.
-> I was rather reactive to Draclord's post because he had voted for Keeper. Draclord did explain that it was on a whim, but...
-> Is Keeper really that popular here?

I also suggest that defending won't help you achieve your win-con if you're a townie, so also focus on catching scum and creating reads of your own instead of posting mostly to defend yourself (which tends to be your meta so it's not scummy but it also isn't how town wins this game). (This goes for Nick as well as you; you've both played plenty enough games to be able to catch scum instead of be passive players.)
The post gut feels like you're attacking Keeper for attacking your scumbuddy. Only really worth coming back to if you or Nick flip scum.

Well... I mean, aren't we talking now because of it and about it?
We're talking about it from the perspective of "that was a scummy play; we should look into Mariano", which is pretty clearly not what Mariano intended it to be. It doesn't matter what the results are afterward; it matters what his intent was beforehand.

(Ofc it's worth dropping at this point as he acknowledged that it was a bad play and imo, genuinely just didn't know any better.)
->Confirming both of these from the portion of a game on his homesite that I've read. Here, Zone, we try to get from RVS to scumhunting ASAP because RVS isn't a very alignment indicative gamestate.
A'ight he's off the hook for now then.
->I actually hard disagree with Jabber here in that it is common, but because we're trying to scumhunt ASAP, it's pretty detrimental. Voting players because they're even the tiniest bit scummy is how we get to a more wide open gamestate.
It's a thing I've seen Camo and literally nobody else ever do regularly. Wouldn't call that common.
Not trying to justify it anymore, I now know it wasn't the best way to cast a RVS vote. I'm saying that even my explicit random vote had it's results with jplap responding with OMGUS.
Coolio. ^.^
RVS is clearly over now
Is it? Who do you think is scum?

I personally am terrible at scumhunting, but there is no reason to vote someone randomly anymore I think
If you have no idea who is scum, then that is an excellent reason to vote someone randomly until you figure it out.

Scumhunting is just pressuring people in different ways to see how they react. Votes are a good way to do this. Rhetoric (especially Camo-style) is another. It's really not as difficult as you're making it out to be. Unless you're scum yourself, idk.

so also focus on catching scum and creating reads of your own
Speaking of catching scum:
-> How many scums are there in this game?
-> Are there any Neutral / Third Parties?

Speaking of creating a read of my own: I will definitely make a read as soon as everyone has talked a little bit more (and I think that Jade has yet to speak this game), but I am definitely sure that it is wrong as well. Lately, my actions as PR have only killed more town than scum, so if I have a killing PR (which I thankfully don't have this time), I will abstain.
We're talking about it from the perspective of "that was a scummy play; we should look into Mariano", which is pretty clearly not what Mariano intended it to be. It doesn't matter what the results are afterward; it matters what his intent was beforehand.

(Ofc it's worth dropping at this point as he acknowledged that it was a bad play and imo, genuinely just didn't know any better.)
...okay!
It's a thing I've seen Camo and literally nobody else ever do regularly.
Rhetoric (especially Camo-style) is another.
Who is Camo?

With my role I was able to discover there is only 1 indie player this game (Win Condition unknown and impossible to discover with my role).
OK I'm gonna put an 85% likelihood on this being reverse psychology to garner towncred and make us think he's not the indie. You'd best post that ability here :L

"There have been numerous occasions where you break the fourth wall and speak directly to the audience. As such, you are aware that this is just a game, none of this is real, and that your friends aren't really in any danger. But it's fun to play along! Once a night, you may ask me a question about the game's setup. You may not ask any questions involving a specific player's role name or alignment, and I reserve the right not to answer any question for any reason. If your question is unacceptable, you may ask another one, time permitting. If your second question is unacceptable, you will be instantly killed. Haha, just kidding! Or am I? Sometimes I can't even tell! (You can use this on night zero.)"

(He's not kidding)

This is my fault for not thinking this through further, but from now on, when you're using your night action, preface it with ##ASK: so I know you're using your ability and not just asking me a question...This is also not a lie detector role, so questions asking me to verify the truthfulness of something a player has said will also never fly.

That could exist on a mafia player. This is why flavour shouldn't be totally obscure, because none of us know what character it's referring to, because none of us watch the show :/

##VOTE: jplap

Out of all the possible questions you could ask, such as how many scums are there, you chose the one question scum will definitely would prioritize.

Posting quotes from me, both real and fake, is strictly prohibited. This is outlined in the OP, which I suggest everyone go back and read before people start dying those horrible screaming deaths I mentioned.

This is a global warning to all players. The next violation will result in being subbed out.

Like this post to confirm you have read and understand it. Anyone who fails to do so by the end of day 1 will be subbed out.

Posting quotes from me, both real and fake, is strictly prohibited. This is outlined in the OP, which I suggest everyone go back and read before people start dying those horrible screaming deaths I mentioned.

This is a global warning to all players. The next violation will result in being subbed out.

Like this post to confirm you have read and understand it. Anyone who fails to do so by the end of day 1 will be subbed out.
So claiming our roles is prohibited?

If you'd read the op, you would know that I specifically mention that that is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back