Live Steam of Pokemon Get TV's 'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Footage! [5/10]

Teal said:
It's not like I expected much more though.
What was Groudon doing in the ocean anyway?

As a remake of Ruby, Groudon would be in Seafloor Cavern, too, so that scene in the middle of the water was like its first emergence from there, or something.

MrSquarepants said:
Why no sound? Have they not finished making the sfx for the game yet? I wonder if this teaser was rushed. In fact as much as I hate to say it, November seems fairly quick. I hope they are not going to rush the game. I didn't think we'd see news of this until after people got bored of X and Y and we all have the 3 secret legendaries, and new mega evos. Unless... the reason for these remakes are so fast is to allow us access to Mega Latios and Latias? Volcanion and Hoopa may be saved for the 3rd 6th gen game.

The Game Freak B-team has probably been working on this since before BW2 were announced. BW2 didn't need quite as much work as a remake, so I'd imagine that once the hammering out of what those games would entail was complete, the planning team moved onto these remakes. So let's say that the entire team started working on the game shortly before BW2 was released in June 2012. That would give them over two years to develop these remakes. Now granted, these remakes are probably going to be their hardest work yet technically, what with 3D and all, but I think they'll be fine. As someone said in the other thread, HGSS were announced in May 2010 and released in September, so there is precedent for a swift turnaround. :p

As for no music in the trailers, I'd imagine that if they provided the actual in-game music, it would basically be the first part of this, twice (that's final boss music for Zelda: Ocarina of Time, fair warning). But yeah, for X/Y, they just had the title theme in every trailer, with no actual in-game music. I imagine they're holding off on putting the title theme for ORAS into trailers until they put out a proper, lengthy trailer with gameplay and stuff.

Disappointing, but I don't know what else we could've really expected.

Aerodactyl said:
I don't think that's the case. When playing X and Y, they had lots of hints about something and other regions... they were probably referring to Hoenn.
If I recall correctly, there was someone who mentioned a new region that "wasn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova" or something along those lines, so I don't think that's completely the case.

CMP said:
Disappointing, but I don't know what else we could've really expected.

Aerodactyl said:
I don't think that's the case. When playing X and Y, they had lots of hints about something and other regions... they were probably referring to Hoenn.
If I recall correctly, there was someone who mentioned a new region that "wasn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova" or something along those lines, so I don't think that's completely the case.

But that could also be a new region around Hoenn they let us get to, like Sevii Islands for Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Aerodactyl said:
But that could also be a new region around Hoenn they let us get to, like Sevii Islands for Fire Red and Leaf Green.
That also doesn't rule out the (slim) chance that they might expand/update the region almost like GSC' Kanto update and B2/W2 Unova revamp. Nothing says this is guaranteed, mind you, and it's purely my speculation on a very remote possibility.

iSharingan said:
That also doesn't rule out the (slim) chance that they might expand/update the region almost like GSC' Kanto update and B2/W2 Unova revamp. Nothing says this is guaranteed, mind you, and it's purely my speculation on a very remote possibility.

lol you can't call leaving Viridan Forest and lots of other areas out as an 'update'. At least not one to look forward to.

However, if GF adds a new region to his game I'm getting 4 copies of each. *_*

Am I the only one that liked the "music" (not sure what else to call it) in the background? I think that it adds to the drama of the opening. IDK I liked it.

Wow corocoro leaked......nothing new till next month. If we get like mega l@tios I will be even more pissed. I just want mega starters and some screenshots that's all.

alex020295 said:
Wow corocoro leaked.....nothing new till next month. If we get like mega l@tios I will be even more pissed. I just want mega starters and some screenshots that's all.

You'll probably get some screen shots, but don't get your hopes up about M. Starters, especially this early after the game was announced.

Like I said previously, this game was just announced. I wouldn't expect substantial information for at least a month or two. At any rate it's a mere 5-6 months away, and only a year removed from XY.

Now I remember why I always hated Pokemon Sunday/Get TV. In the run up to a new game they will troll you at least 3 times a month, and half the time just repeating a "little" of CoroCoro's info.

This time we happened to get the show before the mag leak, so I guess they can get a pass, but someone needs to define "footage" a bit better for them- footage sounds like a couple minutes of gameplay, and what we got was a 10 second trollolololol "clip".

^ They did say it would be world-exclusive footage, so they acted like it was going to be this big thing.

If we look at HGSS's release, which also started in May like OR/AS, we had ACTUAL game footage, a full-blown spread in CoroCoro, artwork of the human characters, screenshots of various locations in the game, a few smaller features revealed, etc. Every month after that revealed something new too, such as the Johto map, the Pokewalker, Pichu, lala. Since they're going so "light" on this first batch of information, that probably means they do not have as much new content to fill the next couple of months. Unless E3 being right around the corner has something to do with how unexpectedly pathetic this first month's worth of news was.

Or they are just being hush-hush!

You know, I am so hyped for this game myself, I'm a little surprised that I'm not let down at all.

Water Pokémon Master said:
^ They did say it would be world-exclusive footage, so they acted like it was going to be this big thing.

If we look at HGSS's release, which also started in May like OR/AS, we had ACTUAL game footage, a full-blown spread in CoroCoro, artwork of the human characters, screenshots of various locations in the game, a few smaller features revealed, etc. Every month after that revealed something new too, such as the Johto map, the Pokewalker, Pichu, lala. Since they're going so "light" on this first batch of information, that probably means they do not have as much new content to fill the next couple of months. Unless E3 being right around the corner has something to do with how unexpectedly pathetic this first month's worth of news was.

I seriously hope that its E3, and not a lack of new content. Before the reveal, I was an advocate for sequels, not remakes, assuming it was being built off of Ruby/Sapphire's story and not Emerald's. Ruby and Sapphire didn't have very much to do post game (just like X/Y), and Emerald pretty much didn't either except the Battle Frontier (although that's a lot of content packed in for those that DO like it), but that was pretty much it.

Based on the hints being dropped in X/Y, I really hope that these games have an added region on top of Hoenn- aka the region the backpacker mentioned before giving you the Strange Souvenir. I think that makes sense, since the backpacker said we would 'see it soon'. Then again, "we" all don't often call them "Trollfreak" for nothing.

I don't think the footage they showed is from the title guys. I'm 99.99% sure that footage is going to show when Groudon/Kyogre awaken and start the blaze/downpour above the underseas cavern after you beat maxie/archie.

Scenes as centralizing as that are often used in title sequences/intros of games. Nothing says it can't be used both places. If you remember, Raquaza's encounter (calming Kyogre and Groudon), or at least up to the part where it descends from the sky, can be seen in the Emerald version introductory sequence (in Ruby/Sapphire it was a battle instead). Frankly, I'll probably be disappointed if something like it ISN'T in the title, seeing as it complimented the Emerald intro so well even with the more '2D-ish' graphics at the time.

Setosama said:
I don't think the footage they showed is from the title guys. I'm 99.99% sure that footage is going to show when Groudon/Kyogre awaken and start the blaze/downpour above the underseas cavern after you beat maxie/archie.

What if Archie and Maxie aren't in these games? They did say that it would be a new adventure. Just sayin'. Personally, I would be devastated if Aqua / Magma aren't in the games. It would put the damper on it being a "remake".

Setosama said:

To be honest, we don't even know if the footage they've shown will even stay in the game.

Back