Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akwila said:
Keeper of Night said:
No... Green like the tail. :p

So it would be a fish with a woman's head???

I don't think I'm getting my point across here...
No. A transitional color. Lighter then the tail because less scales, but not quite white because its not only skin.
...I guess I'll have to find an image later...

I think keeper means making a transitional space between the tail and the body. I tried that. Didn't work. But I can try putting some small scales in the lower body, in the body's color.

I would recommend the tail to be shortened and maybe slightly thickened to make it more of a mermaid since it has more of a serpentine look to it right now.

King Xerneas said:
I would recommend the tail to be shortened and maybe slightly thickened to make it more of a mermaid since it has more of a serpentine look to it right now.

In the scales picture, I shortened the tail and made the fins larger. I should probably shorten the tail even more. I don't know about making it thicker, since I wanted to give it a delicate look, but I'll look into it.

King Xerneas said:
If you want I can do a concept sketch of my idea since I'm uploading an image of Blitten and Cosmoceros today.

I already did it.

lovenere.png

Scales in tail, shortened tail, larger fins, a few scales in the body, between it and the tail, wider hips/tail. No fish with human head, no monster from the deepest parts of hell (this concept is venus and love, for crying out loud).
Maybe later I'll make her curl the tail as before, It feels awkward like that.

Honestly, it doesn't look bad. maybe too many scales.

[img width=450 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ouSeseiAu0g/UwQSry2izWI/AAAAAAAAALI/-Z9IMANDkTY/s576/spubble.png[/img] [img width=450 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-NMGcFofkPQI/UwQSswV9-dI/AAAAAAAAALM/Kp5jKVYAsEI/s576/silvellive.png[/img]

Spubble (Spider + Bubble) - Silvellive/Airachneta (Silver + Bell + Dive)/(Air - Arachne - Net)

Species: Waterwalker Pokémon - Air bubble Pokemon
Type: Bug / Water
Abilities: Swift swim / *Aqualung / Heatproof (HA)

Gender Ratio: 50% Female, 50% Male
Catch Rate: 150 - 75
Egg Groups: Bug - Water 1
Steps to Hatch: 5120

Height: 1' - 3'06''
Weight: 5lbs - 16lbs

Experience Yield: X
Levelling Rate: X
EVs: 1 HP - 1 HP / 1 spe.
Base friendship: X

Bodystyle: X
Footprint: X
Pokédex color: Brown - Blue

Pokedex entries:

"Spubble uses foam to make itself seem larger and more intimidating to predators."

"An excellent fisher and swimmer. Spubble has been known to harass fishermen by stealing their catches."

"Silvellive/Airachneta is able to stay underwater almost indefinitely. It may seem somewhat clumsy out of the water."

"Silvellive/Airachneta surfaces occasionally to gather oxygen, which is transported in its back and legs while it dives for prey."

Base stats:
50/27/43/32/30/48 BST230
82/80/98/80/63/68 BST470

Level Up moves
Spubble:
- Bubble
- String Shot
- Spider web
6 Bug Bite
10 Screech
13 Bubble Beam
17 Sticky web
21 Aqua jet
25 Infestation
29 Agility
34 Aqua Ring
38 Fell stinger
42 Rain Dance
46 Dive
50 **Bubble bomb

Silvellive/Airachneta:
- Bubble bomb
- Dive
- Rain dance
- Fell stinger
- Soak
- Bubble
- String Shot
- Spider web
9 Bug Bite
13 Screech
17 Bubble Beam
25 Sticky web
29 Aqua jet
34 Infestation
38 Agility
41 Aqua Ring
45 Fell stinger
48 Rain Dance
52 Dive
56 **Bubble bomb

TM moves

Egg Moves
Baton pass
Camouflage
Withdraw
Hydro pump
Signal beam
Gastro acid
Poison jab
Poison fang
Sucker punch
Mist

Tutor Moves

Notes:
Well, they didn't get too scary after all, though they do look a bit silly.
Spubble (Spider + Bubble) is based on the fishing spider, a spider that can walk on water. It's quite basic; eight legs, covered in foam, and some tiny googles in the eyes.
For the evolution's name, I like Silvellive more (Silk+Silver+Bell+Dive) because it has that nice alliteration with Spubble, while akwila prefers Airachneta (Air+Arachnid+Trachea+Net+Neta (greek, "spinner of silver")), it is based on a diving bell spider, which spends its entire life underwater, in nests full of oxygen spun form its web:
It also keeps air bubbles in its hairs which give it a silvery look, like it's covered in mercury, that was our intention with the abdomen, only with oversized, cartoony bubbles.
The last 4 legs of spubble became the 4 claws that the evolution uses to hold the bubbles that cover it (hence the high defense). A non relevant (for battle purposes) fact is that the spider can release the bubbles in its lair and harvest more with its claws, it can also consume the bubbles to get oxygen in the water.

*Aqualung
Raises Speed if hit by an Water-type move.

The Pokémon takes no damage from Water-type attacks and Speed raises by one level.

**Bubble bomb
15 PP - 70 BP - 100 acc
The user attacks the target with a bursting bubble. The bubble damages Pokémon next to the target as well.

Does damage to the Pokémon to the side of the target equal to 1/16th of their maximum Hit Points

***Bubble field
15 PP - - BP - -acc
The user scatters bouncy bubbles around itself. The bubbles bounce back any entry hazards, but explode in the process.

Bounces back entry hazards.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_bell_spider
http://www.arkive.org/water-spider/argyroneta-aquatica/
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/08/070828-scuba-spider.html
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Dolomedes_triton.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua-lung

I would say to make its face bubbles more circular because right now it looks like it has some shades on, but they do look like goggles so I could also see your point there. This is kinda of a peeve for me, but what about giving it multiple eyes, like at least another pair like Galvantula's. For its teeth I would also suggest making them not just two fangs jutting out, but more mandible like and maybe having the fangs under. I do like what you did there with the legs, would of never thought of that :p

King Xerneas said:
I would say to make its face bubbles more circular because right now it looks like it has some shades on, but they do look like goggles so I could also see your point there. This is kinda of a peeve for me, but what about giving it multiple eyes, like at least another pair like Galvantula's. For its teeth I would also suggest making them not just two fangs jutting out, but more mandible like and maybe having the fangs under. I do like what you did there with the legs, would of never thought of that :p

Yeah, those are meant to be diving goggles, I tried to avoid multiple eyes, because as you may see, creepy is not my strong suit (and because I took this one against my better judgement specifically to avoid making it too creepy). I was thinking, however, that the head could be a little less wide.

For the teeth I think you might be right; I thought about giving it a couple of chelicerae resembling the arms of a mini-submarine.

And these were the last pokemon I had for review. the dilophosaurus is still scrapped, so I will just let the ennui finish me unless something new comes along, be it a review, or a new idea.

I still don't like the first stage.. seems 'missing' something. But the second stage is awesome!!!

Redesign! now 20% more badass.

[img width=500 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3HfQcKZaJi4/Uw2Ezt6hL4I/AAAAAAAAAP4/usRmVEDLVuk/s912/silvellive.png[/img]

And with the goggles raised (because it can totally raise the goggles).

[img width=500 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-dV7fDgAOjug/Uw2QbvgmHkI/AAAAAAAAAQE/m5sLWGrCK3c/s912/silvellive%2520goggles.png[/img]

It looks like a megaevolution, doesn't it?

RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation - PRESENT YOUR DESIGNS

Ideas time!

Ok guys, I have a few ideas I'd like to share. I have pictures of them, but I don't know what I did with them. I also dont have any names. Let me know what you think of the ideas.

Name - Ghost snake - No name, but maybe something to do with phalanges and biting?
Type- Ghost
Description - This Pokemon is the discarded skin of a snake. It resembles the Chinese handcuffs and is said that when it latches onto something, it will never let go. Likes to attach itself to the fingers and toes of unsuspecting humans.

Name - no name yet
Type - Ghost
Description - The Beckoning Pokemon. This Pokemon is a small white child shaped Ghost with its long tail wrapped around its torso. It has big black eyes but its face and swagger make it seem very nonthreatening. Occasionally this Pokemon will appear behind a person and try and get them to follow it or even ask to accompany the human. When this happens, the person usually feels a sense of dread and often quickly leaves the Pokemon behind. It is based on the black eyed children urban legend.

Name - No name yet...
Type - Poison/Fairy
Description - The Alchemist Pokemon. This Pokemon has a long nose, antler like potrusions coming from the head, long scruffy white hair and pockets in its arms where it stores chemical mixtures. When this Pokemon mixes the chemicals located in it's arms, it can create supernatural potions to extend life or give other powers. Very elusive and gnome like

Name - no name of course
Type - Steel
Description- The Wind Up Pokemon. This small rat Pokemon is plated in steel and has a curving tail that resembles a winding mechanism. Children sometimes like to twist its tail causing this Pokemon to uncontrollably move in many directions until its tail stops spinning. It's evolution is a bipedal mouse with its steel plating becoming more pronounced.

Name- stop asking, I dont have one, sheesh!
Type - Normal/Dark
Description - It is a Wolf in Sheeps skin. A cunningly deceptive Pokemon that grows White wool on its back and legs to blend in with the Mareep it preys on. However, even though it's disguise is enough to fool a Mareep, the white wool is a dead giveaway to human farmers.

Name - thing
Type - Water
Description - The Polyp Pokemon and the Jellyfish Pokemon. This family of Pokemon introduces a brand new type of evolution that is exclusive to itself. It also has the highest base stats of any Water type. However, the basic Pokemon's ability halves its base stats making it very weak. It evolves into the Intermediate stage Jellyfish which gains a new ability, Revert. When it is KO, it will devolve into the Basic again and regain its original ability. At level 40(?), it evolves a final time from the Intermediate stage into the 1st stage. The evolution does not change the appearance of the Intermediate, but instead, the ability changes for a final time. It is based on both the Portuguese Man o War and the Jellyfish that reverts to a polyp after a certain period of time.

I'll do something with my cat...
EVENTUALLY...
...it's more like I can't draw for shiz so I can't do anything ;w;

Then get a partner who can draw, fletch; or make something else and leave the cat for later.

Pacman, the snake seems interesting, the child sounds dreadful to me, but I guess if everyone likes it... the gnome is... meh, the rat seems to be based on a design feature, more than a concept, honestly, and the man-o-war seems too convoluted, I'm not even sure I understood what it does.

How's the mosquito going?

On other news, I'm starting a new one; a vigilante owl that starts as an innocent, cute owlet and evolves into a terrifying, badass owl that kicks bad guys asses (evolves by having a dark-type in party or by being knocked out by a dark-type move). Let me know what you think.

And bring something concrete to review, no more ideas. It can't be that we only have 4 lines properly developed and those are the four where I was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back