Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation - PRESENT YOUR DESIGNS

I have no idea... so what would make it less OP? the Max attack and Special Attack is 100, the Fully Evolved pokemon with Adaptability(Crawdaunt,Lucario(even if it isn't mega evolved and without the ability),Basculin,Dragalgae, and porygon-z) all have close to 100 in one or both stats... and Critical Rate 1 is only 1 in 8 compared to 1 in 16, altough the rate of criticals was raised in gen 6, maybe also make it lower accuracy slightly, or increase the damage it takes from SE moves? or just rebalance stats...,
my other ideas are a Ghost/Fairy Pokemon that evolves based on gender based on Abstract Art Sculptures (Claridol into Rubeus Male and Saffiroth Female)and a Trio of -/fighting Legendaries based on Zeus Poseidon and Hades (Uszeer(Electric/Fighting, Zeus plus Cavalier),Deshalt(Ghost/Fighting, Hades plus Halt), and Sidonpole(Water/Fighting,poseidon plus Pole, as in column)) all with big arms and tails that become feet
i have basic ideas of a electric/psychic neuron line, a poison/ice Medicine related pokemon, and a normal type Long-Eared Hedgehog that evolves into an ice type, and a Dolphin that Evolves into an Orca(Killer Whale)

Well we already have a Zeus trio and the dolphin to orca line. For the others I would run them by professorlight as she knows what's up.

King Xerneas said:
Well we already have a Zeus trio and the dolphin to orca line. For the others I would run them by professorlight as she knows what's up.

This makes me cry every time it happens ;w;
I guess you need to have been around as long as me to know stuff...

sorry... I did read all 56 pages last night... so... Sorry... But still you have to Remember that all the main series Regions are based on a part of the world...
and the Dolphin to Orca thing was more to point out the fact of Them Being in the Delphinidae Family... and when did a zeus trio get Brought Up? and can anyone explain why The Prof's earlier Pics are Nonexistent? I saw a No Image Symbol until a large number of pages in...

I guess it's time for me to clear things up here. The lack of old pictures is my fault, my CDO kicked in and I deleted all the old images from my hosting site.

That said, I was honestly bothered by your very rude first post here. Now, I realize you want to be part of this, with that being your first post overall and reading the thread, but consider that such a post is the equivalent to entering a room of people that don't know you, while they are working (well... sort of) and starting to ramble about work-related things that they had already discussed.

You may have read the whole thread, but you certainly didn't pay attention to what was being said. Let's recap:

-We don't care about the form or real world inspiration of the region at the moment; it was established at the begining that we wouldn't make maps, or story, or characters, only pokemon.

-Although the trio talks never got too far, we had settled on greek gods. Now, that was a long tme ago, so its subject to change, but not now, we have more pressing matters. Also, all trios have 580BST.

-The way you presented your pokemon was incorrect, and you should have known that from reading the thread, we don't do names, stats, movesets or anything before having a concept and hopefully a design. We've had exceptions, yes, but I'm not exactly happy with them, because what we have so far of them amounts to diddly squat.

-As xerneas aptly pointed out, your ability is way OP. And as I point out now, it doesn't have a plausible reason. Same goes to your pokemon concepts. Why are they that way? if you don't explain them (because they won't explain themselves without a design) we won't get them, you might have a good idea there, but as long as it is presented in that way, nobody will know.

-As for the dolphin and orca:
professorlight said:
  • Dolphin - Killer whale
    Turtwig

Now, faux pas and scolding aside, if you still want to be part of the team, you're welcome to, but from now on, pay attention, please.

Your elementals idea is interesting, but it will have to be reworked, if you want to do it.

Sorry.... I kinda am Bad at using Forums.... I only found the Formatting stuff while looking into how to subscribe to this thread....
and I have only Recently Begun Caring about Stats... I usually Play the Games for Fun.... More of an Explore to see all the Hidden Stuff instead of Masudaing or Breeding.... I started with Gen 3 as well.... and apparently It was very Unpopular.... I loved it, Particularly because of Colo and XD....
anyways, A region/area of real world Can Help Pinpoint Designs of Pokemon, Such as Basculin being based on Bass in New york or Legendaries being Based on Actual Legends of Real life, and Narrowing down Simpler Pokemon, also for why pokemon evolve at certain levels for things like that.... or where would we Put some of these Pokemon in an actual game

I do Feel Stupid for Offending You.... and Everyone.... This is pretty much the only topic of the sort I found.... and the whole "lets do the 7th generation" title kinda is misleading to anyone wanting on the project blindly.... But honestly only designing Pokemon #722-??? is kinda annoying to me (If the games had the ability to make custom gyms and challenge them just to do so I would be Doing that All the Time, I like the Puzzles they have more than the actual Battles, and also getting between point A and Point B in Unique ways)

Kinda Blindly Charged in when I woke Up, Only Remembering the things that Stood out to me....

sorry, and sorry once more...

The Ability thing was more a me Being a Person who thinks About Mechanical Design and Artistic Design Separately Because putting the 2 together is Too much for my Brain... Wanting something 'Poetic for a group of Legendaries' ... etc... I find the Metagame-Stuff Completely Against the Vibe of Pokemon due to the Whole Natures/IV/Moves thing... With Gen 6 and Super Training EV's are Manageable since you can Reset them With a Reset Bag... I got a feeling of Friendship with pokemon... Although the EXP Spread thing kinda hindered just playing favorites...

Anyways, I would love to do the Elementals... and Possibly the Greek Gods Trio thing if You Would let me...
but I would need a Guidline of how to rework them... and someone who Actually Knows How all the Crazy Mechanics Work!

tid3000 said:
Sorry.... I kinda am Bad at using Forums.... I only found the Formatting stuff while looking into how to subscribe to this thread....
and I have only Recently Begun Caring about Stats... I usually Play the Games for Fun.... More of an Explore to see all the Hidden Stuff instead of Masudaing or Breeding.... I started with Gen 3 as well.... and apparently It was very Unpopular.... I loved it, Particularly because of Colo and XD....
anyways, A region/area of real world Can Help Pinpoint Designs of Pokemon, Such as Basculin being based on Bass in New york or Legendaries being Based on Actual Legends of Real life, and Narrowing down Simpler Pokemon, also for why pokemon evolve at certain levels for things like that.... or where would we Put some of these Pokemon in an actual game

Yes, but at this point it doens't matter, since a relatively small percentage of each gen's pokemon are actively based on the real world region of that generation. I have a feeling that that will happen on it's own.

tid3000 said:
I do Feel Stupid for Offending You.... and Everyone.... This is pretty much the only topic of the sort I found.... and the whole "lets do the 7th generation" title kinda is misleading to anyone wanting on the project blindly.... But honestly only designing Pokemon #722-??? is kinda annoying to me (If the games had the ability to make custom gyms and challenge them just to do so I would be Doing that All the Time, I like the Puzzles they have more than the actual Battles, and also getting between point A and Point B in Unique ways)

Kinda Blindly Charged in when I woke Up, Only Remembering the things that Stood out to me....

sorry, and sorry once more...

It's okay, and I will change the title, I can see how it was misleading.

tid3000 said:
The Ability thing was more a me Being a Person who thinks About Mechanical Design and Artistic Design Separately Because putting the 2 together is Too much for my Brain... Wanting something 'Poetic for a group of Legendaries' ... etc... I find the Metagame-Stuff Completely Against the Vibe of Pokemon due to the Whole Natures/IV/Moves thing... With Gen 6 and Super Training EV's are Manageable since you can Reset them With a Reset Bag... I got a feeling of Friendship with pokemon... Although the EXP Spread thing kinda hindered just playing favorites...

Anyways, I would love to do the Elementals... and Possibly the Greek Gods Trio thing if You Would let me...
but I would need a Guidline of how to rework them... and someone who Actually Knows How all the Crazy Mechanics Work!

If you're not good with the data, there's no problem, the rest of us here can help you, Reread the thread paying attention to how we all present our ideas, that's all you need to know.

Here I am working, as promised to light.
Ok, here's a rough (I just drew it earlier today for an idea) drawing of the mega.
I want to sort of contrast the bulky rock as much as possible, by making the ghost kind of thin and wispy.
6hnGclU.jpg

If anyone wants to see the change from the original idea:
hqEIiL9.jpg

The idea is that it's unleashed energy can cause hallucinations to appear around it (akin to Mismagius in a way). However, its cursed "home" of a rock (which it can't go far from) and the immediate area around it is unaffected (as depicted in the original image).

Ideas? Thought it best to present the idea for the redesign before working on it more.

Here's the pokémon, for those who haven't seen:
LsMpejy.jpg

Here's Blitten's redesign now that I had time to get back on paper.
[IMG width=300 height=]http://i.imgur.com/mNWY2xe.jpg[/IMG]
Here's some dex entries as well
"Its thick fur allows it to survive subzero temperatures. No one knows what its actual body looks like."

"This timid Pokemon quickly hides at the sight of a stranger. It curls up into a ball to blend in with the snow."

Cosmoceros coming soon!
[IMG width=300 height=]http://i.imgur.com/L6BNZMq.jpg[/IMG]

Keeper of Night said:
Here I am working, as promised to light.
Ok, here's a rough (I just drew it earlier today for an idea) drawing of the mega.
I want to sort of contrast the bulky rock as much as possible, by making the ghost kind of thin and wispy.
6hnGclU.jpg

If anyone wants to see the change from the original idea:
hqEIiL9.jpg

The idea is that it's unleashed energy can cause hallucinations to appear around it (akin to Mismagius in a way). However, its cursed "home" of a rock (which it can't go far from) and the immediate area around it is unaffected (as depicted in the original image).

Ideas? Thought it best to present the idea for the redesign before working on it more.

Here's the pokémon, for those who haven't seen:
LsMpejy.jpg

Honestly, I think it was better proportioned before, being so skinny doesn't quite fit it, I'm thinking it should be like this enormous shadowy thing, like if a blanket was blowing in the wind, which, incidentally, gives you a great opening to do enshroud.

King Xerneas said:
Here's Blitten's redesign now that I had time to get back on paper.
[IMG width=300 height=]http://i.imgur.com/mNWY2xe.jpg[/IMG]
Here's some dex entries as well
"Its thick fur allows it to survive subzero temperatures. No one knows what its actual body looks like."

"This timid Pokemon quickly hides at the sight of a stranger. It curls up into a ball to blend in with the snow."

Cosmoceros coming soon!

I like it, the tiny mustache is a nice touch. A bit taller and a shorter tail to keep the furball thing, perhaps?

Look at this one, from magistrum's links: http://fakemon-creators.deviantart.com/art/187-Ynxice-436303179

What do you all think? I'm not the only one supposed to be giving criticism here, you know?

So we do want it big? Uh... Ok.
That's why I presented the idea here first. :p
I'll see what I can come up with then. Gotta fix those eyes...

Keeper of Night said:
So we do want it big? Uh... Ok.
That's why I presented the idea here first. :p
I'll see what I can come up with then. Gotta fix those eyes...

Go ahead, maybe making the eyes have a thick black circle around? I did like the sole line crossing down the middle, very eerie.

King Xerneas said:
[IMG width=300 height=]http://i.imgur.com/L6BNZMq.jpg[/IMG]

You weren't kidding with the no-eyes thing...

But it looks good... the black line in the white body is good, but maybe reversing it? black body-white line-glowing spots in the points relevant to the constellation? It is white because unicorns are usually depicted as white, isn't it?
I'd make the horn a bit thicker, though... it looks like a toothpick, to be honest.

The fiery mane looks too much like rapidash, I thought it was going to be like a starry sky? or was it just me? Also, feel free to disregard this, since it could be a bit too biased a reference, but maybe something like this?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...1E2.png/1000px-Nightmare_Moon_scared_S1E2.png

That's actually what I imagined when you first talked about him, but I am biased that way, so, it's your choice.

If you can find some sort of relationship (oppposite, preferably) between the constellation of the unicorn and some other constellation, we might have our first version exclusive pair, even. Constellations give us a lot of stuff to choose (don't use pisces, though, that one's already on charmell) but we have to pick wisely.

Also, I'm leaving this as witness that I had nothing to do with that color scheme:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LordRyu/bronies/tumblr_lmny0bjkft1qincmao1_400.jpg
Unicorn? check. White body? check. Purple mane? check.

You can't go wrong with purple+white, but I had nothing to do with them.

The cosmicy energy is what I had intended but like, I don't really have the materials for that. I never meant for a fire mane btw. I guess I can add some stars to make look less of a fiery purple blaze. Also I prefer the black since it is supposed to me a mysterious creature and more importantly it's more of a stellar entity more than anything. I'll handle the constellation stuff since I'm pretty good with that. Also I plan on incorporating the constellation itself as a way to amplify the Pokemon's energy, sort of like a power/life line (literally).

Edit: The body is meant to be black not white it is simply penciled in as I was not going to mess with anymore colored pencils.

Okay we have three constellations that'd be pretty cool. First of all Monoceros is a winter constellation. For its opposite why not go for a summer constellation? So some constellations I think would translate into Pokemon form pretty nicely would be the Swan, Capricorn, or the Pegasus constellation. Either of them would make great Pokemon, but I'll have you guys decide so it can be more American Democratic.

King Xerneas said:
The cosmicy energy is what I had intended but like, I don't really have the materials for that. I never meant for a fire mane btw. I guess I can add some stars to make look less of a fiery purple blaze. Also I prefer the black since it is supposed to me a mysterious creature and more importantly it's more of a stellar entity more than anything. I'll handle the constellation stuff since I'm pretty good with that. Also I plan on incorporating the constellation itself as a way to amplify the Pokemon's energy, sort of like a power/life line (literally).

Edit: The body is meant to be black not white it is simply penciled in as I was not going to mess with anymore colored pencils.

Okay we have three constellations that'd be pretty cool. First of all Monoceros is a winter constellation. For its opposite why not go for a summer constellation? So some constellations I think would translate into Pokemon form pretty nicely would be the Swan, Capricorn, or the Pegasus constellation. Either of them would make great Pokemon, but I'll have you guys decide so it can be more American Democratic.

Oh, it was black all along? carry on then.

I love swans, but a fairy/psychic swan doesn't sound good, honestly, And I think my dear swanna is enough, swans was already a pretty restrictive concept to begin.

However, capricorn is very interesting, since it has a similar shape and differently positioned horns. The pegasus too; being both horses, but with different characteristics gives both a clear relation and shared moves, but also provides much needed differentiation (psychic/flying?).

I think the pegasus would make the cleaner counterpart, but, MLP... so I might be biased (and my original silly idea was a earth pony, unicorn and pegasus trio, so...)

I have this cool concept with the unicorn being a bringer of peace, while the Pegasus could be a bringer of war and turmoil. Just a little something to make them even more opposite from each other. But I'll do sketches for both and then we'll see from there.

If anyone else would like to make a thread or 2 about stuff like mechanical changes and/or how an actual game would pan out pm me... if it's ok with yon professor... I would be proud to do something for designing the not-722+ Pokemon that it would contain
Pegasus for War and Turmoil... Sounds good considering it is the Child of Medusa and Poseidon!

tid3000 said:
If anyone else would like to make a thread or 2 about stuff like mechanical changes and/or how an actual game would pan out pm me... if it's ok with yon professor... I would be proud to do something for designing the not-722+ Pokemon that it would contain

One thread is enough for discussion. If there are extenuating circumstances, I'm sure professorlight would PM a mod.

Clarify Please... one thread being this one which is solely for Pokemon or one for The things I was Talking about?

Delta is right, and I don't quite get your question. We won't change game mechanics here. And even then, such thread would not contain any pokemon. Especially not 722.

Oh, and xerneas...

Name: Magic Frenzy
Type:Special
Element:Fairy
Damage: 65
Accuracy:90
PP: 10
Long: Yes
DA: No
Description: The user shrouds the field using unstable magic.50% chance of causing a random status condition. 10% chance of causing either confusion or landinga critical hit.
Who Can Learn?:All Psychic and Fairy types.

Name: Swan Song
Type:Special
Element:Fairy
Damage: --
Accuracy:100
PP: 5
Long: Yes
DA: No
Description: The user starts glowing while singing a harmonious song. The user endures the following attack and on the next turn unleashes a wave of powerful magic that instantly takes out the opponent. The user then faints.
Who Can Learn?: Mew, Celebi, Gardevoir, Milotic, Altaria, Exploud, Kricketune, Chatot, Mismagus, Froslass, Manaphy, Cresselia, Gothitelle, Meloetta, Florges, Female Meowstic

These are good, Swan song is perish song, and they are conceptually the same, but we can rework the effect and keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back