Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
what... this thread is for designing ideas for pokemon of a 7th gen, Which would start with 722 in the national dex... and I was asking If I could make a thread that looks at the more story-design stuff and/or mechanics balancing.... i'm asking for your permission to discuss the ideas you have here...

NO mechanics balancing. The current mechanics might not be perfect, but we'll deal with that with what we have; altering mechanics would be too complicated.

But you mean another team to see the story?

Well... I wouldn't say no to it... but if you do it, that thread should be in the writer's corner, and you'd need to A) have enough people to collaborate effectively (I'd suggest talking with athena to help you run it) and B) have a frequent exchange between this side of the project and that one.

Talk to the mods and see what they say, I think delta here can help you. No, wait, delta is mod here, not there.

it could be in Fan Fakes... the Forum Description Says
"Show off artwork of your fake Pokémon, create fake Pokémon games and worlds, post your fake Pokémon cards, and anything else that's non-official."

I think that covers creating a fake world/game... the story is mainly -fight evil team who is trying to do something Cataclysmic(Other than Team Rocket who are for Just Dominating the World in Gen 1/3 and Getting Giovanni Back in Gen 2/4)-

No, because you'll be gathering writers, not card or fakemon designers, those are two different sets of abilities and interests. I could have started this in the forum games section, but here it was going to be seen by people with real interest, not just anyone.

You'll be making the plot for a pokemon game, one hopefully deeper than the regular crap GF feeds us, that's why you'll need experienced writers, since the best way to do it would be with a novelization.

You can discuss the story here if you wish because it would become part of the project. Things like organizations, gym leaders, special characters, events, places. They all would be fan made and have artwork accompany them and therefore 'fake'.
However if you wanted to post the story based around this project (personally I would wait until the pokedex is finished first) using its Fakemon and chapters and whatnot then that would go in the Writer's Corner.

Of course it's all up to you guys if you actually want a story or if you are just going to make a generation of Pokemon.

I personally was never talking about some actual novelistic story, just the world and stuff delta mentioned...

Delta said:
You can discuss the story here if you wish because it would become part of the project. Things like organizations, gym leaders, special characters, events, places. They all would be fan made and have artwork accompany them and therefore 'fake'.
However if you wanted to post the story based around this project (personally I would wait until the pokedex is finished first) using its Fakemon and chapters and whatnot then that would go in the Writer's Corner.

Of course it's all up to you guys if you actually want a story or if you are just going to make a generation of Pokemon.

Honestly, I'd prefer to keep this thread specific to the pokedex, story was never a part of this because I had figured that mixing all the parts of a game into one thread would go to chaos in a couple of pages.

If someone wants to make maps, or story, I don't mind, but not here, we are slow enough to need another distraction. And as you said, it would be better to have the pokedex before doing anything else.

tid3000 said:
I personally was never talking about some actual novelistic story, just the world and stuff delta mentioned...

Then what exactly do you mean? world is maps and it depends on story, gyms depend entirely on pokemon, and the plot depends, again, on pokemon. nothing of that could be made without what we do here.

Which is why I asked for Permission to use the Pokemon from this thread... or tried too... I was very Confusing...

professorlight said:
Delta is right, and I don't quite get your question. We won't change game mechanics here. And even then, such thread would not contain any pokemon. Especially not 722.

Oh, and xerneas...

Name: Magic Frenzy
Type:Special
Element:Fairy
Damage: 65
Accuracy:90
PP: 10
Long: Yes
DA: No
Description: The user shrouds the field using unstable magic.50% chance of causing a random status condition. 10% chance of causing either confusion or landinga critical hit.
Who Can Learn?:All Psychic and Fairy types.

Name: Swan Song
Type:Special
Element:Fairy
Damage: --
Accuracy:100
PP: 5
Long: Yes
DA: No
Description: The user starts glowing while singing a harmonious song. The user endures the following attack and on the next turn unleashes a wave of powerful magic that instantly takes out the opponent. The user then faints.
Who Can Learn?: Mew, Celebi, Gardevoir, Milotic, Altaria, Exploud, Kricketune, Chatot, Mismagus, Froslass, Manaphy, Cresselia, Gothitelle, Meloetta, Florges, Female Meowstic

These are good, Swan song is perish song, and they are conceptually the same, but we can rework the effect and keep it.

I made a Swan Song for my female peacock's sig. move

Move: Swan Song
Type: Fairy
Power: 130
Special
Acc. 80%
PP: 5
"The user sings a beautiful song which severely damages all other Pokemon on the field. The user then faints."

You can use this if you want, or rework a bit.

Keeper of Night said:
Why does a peacock have a 'Swan Song' as it's signature move?

Swan Song is a phrase used to refer to a final gesture, effort or performance given before death or retirement. In this case, the powerful attack given before the peacock faints.

Although I can see why it seems odd xD

I like it; the 80acc seems little (is it OP with 90 or 100?), but otherwise it's a good effect. Would a final gambit or last resort make more sense? Or a leaf storm?

Is there another way to refer to swan songs that doesn't mention swans? grand finale? final lament? final effort? I'm too old for this shit? hasta la vista, baby?

And what do you think of a phoenix-like move that makes the pokemon revive with half HP if it's killed in the next turn? just thought of it.

When I read that I thought of Final Gambit first lol.
I just think it could be changed like light said.

...hasta la vista? Let's make it happen.

And I'll be clear that I do like the move and do understand the name, just think it should be available to more pokemon and not be a signature move to a peacock of all things.

I was thinking of Lovenere, actually, but it fits goomy's peacock perfectly, too. I don't think it should be a signature move by any accounts (for example, swanna MUST have it, and meloetta as well).

And maybe a memento on steroids? memento is supposed to remind the opponent of its own mortality, so swan song should move them to tears; -2 att, def, sp. att, sp. def and speed. It would kill on doubles, and it doesn't do damage, which doesn't sound very fairy-like.

Imagine saving swan song for the opponent's last pokemon, while you have one more.

Since I will sadly continue to have to postpone my work on this, I'm leaving the grandfather clock free to anyone to work with. I would like to see it, though. I'm also trying to work with the other Pokemon, but if my schedule doesn't let up I may have to let others work on them for now.

I must say that I'm impressed that we're finally getting some Pokemon finished, though. Keep up the good work!

I'll take it too, if you're interested, keeper. We should also see if haunted will return to it.

As for the whale and dolphin, don't worry, turtwig, take your time; those two are going to be high-profile, so there's no rush on them.

No, but things are slow. No one does much activity lately, since everyone's busy and I'm finally making some progress with the dilophosaurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back