Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

professorlight

Ice Queen
I know. and you've been busy wit hthe CAC contest and the challenge. And I imagine the others are with work or school as well. We should discusss the clock, too, whenever you can.

But where were we on swan song? I should add it to lovenere's movepool, so what will it do?

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
You could make it -2 all of you're opponent's stats and KO the user... so like, barring Accuracy/Evasion and stuff, but still.

professorlight

Ice Queen
These are some options:

-xerneas's perish song

-Goomy's Swan Song
Type: Fairy
Power: 130
Special
Acc. 80%
PP: 5
"The user sings a beautiful song which severely damages all other Pokemon on the field. The user then faints."

-memento on steroids.;
-2 att, def, sp. att, sp. def and speed. and the user is killed.

And what do you think of that move I proposed that acts like a fusion of endure and recover? it would go along nicely with swan song.
Also, perfect setup for a phoenix pokemon?

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
I like Memento on Steroids. A lot.
A dual recover/endure would work. Like, Endure effect, and if they would be knocked out, they're HP is restored to 50%? That'd be nice as a pseudo-signature move.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
I... Have been failing at drawing. I can't think of what to do with it. I mean, it's an Owlet. Should I just make it hypermegasuperultra fuzzy? Make it some sort of delinquent? It's hard to decide on one thing.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Scorched Feathers said:
I... Have been failing at drawing. I can't think of what to do with it. I mean, it's an Owlet. Should I just make it hypermegasuperultra fuzzy? Make it some sort of delinquent? It's hard to decide on one thing.

Don't draw. I asked you to send me ideas through PM.

professorlight said:
We'll do the owlet together; but I'll need you to work; not with your hands, but with your head. Do research; understand where I was going to with the big guy, where other fakemon are going to and where GF's pokemon are going to; there's a lot behind pokemon besides "cats are cool, normal type is boring".

I know you can do it, keeper learned a lot, akwila, moose and turtwig did too; now's your turn.

PM me appropriate ideas for the owlet, and we'll work from there.

If it helps, this is its learnset:

- Pound
- Foresight
- Play nice
8 Work up
13 Echoed voice
18 U-turn
22 Bounce
26 Roost
32 Whirlwind
40 Play rough
46 Take down
50 Retaliate

Also, a general question: the boost provided by a mega launcher type ability would effectively bypass a +2 to defense or special defense, right? I mean, a mega launched aura sphere would hit a +2 sp. def. target with roughly 90BP?

Eagle4

Aspiring Trainer
professorlight said:
lovenere.png

Please use spoiler tags when quoting images. - Delta

not a huge fan of this at all. The mermaid concept has a lot of potential but currently Lovenere just looks awkward and creatively lacking. It's a generic, run-of-the-mill mermaid with nothing to make it interesting. Look at a Pokemon like... say... Seviper. It's a viper Pokemon, and if it were just a lifeless viper, that would be a poor design. Yet GameFreak decided to give it a stunning colour scheme and a blade for a tail, and now it's a great design. Try to be more inventive with the concept of a mermaid!

professorlight said:
Name: Magic Frenzy
Type:Special
Element:Fairy
Damage: 65
Accuracy:90
PP: 10
Long: Yes
DA: No
Description: The user shrouds the field using unstable magic.50% chance of causing a random status condition. 10% chance of causing either confusion or landinga critical hit.
Who Can Learn?:All Psychic and Fairy types.

This is terrible. It's just the kind of move you'd expect a fanboy to make. It goes against precedence due to its complete randomness and lack of reasoning behind each effect. There's too much going on, and the existence of this move is needless in the first place.

professorlight said:
NO mechanics balancing. The current mechanics might not be perfect, but we'll deal with that with what we have; altering mechanics would be too complicated.

:/ why not? Mechanics balancing have occurred in every Generation to date, so if we want to keep with precedence, we should change or add at least one mechanic. Reluctance to balance mechanics based off the fact that you think it will be too complicated just shows a lack of ambition. I say we change mechanics!

professorlight said:
Also, perfect setup for a phoenix pokemon?

Nohohohoho. The concept of a fire bird is extremely stale what with Moltres and Ho-Oh both showing up (as well as Talonflame).

professorlight said:
Scorched Feathers said:

Don't draw. I asked you to send me ideas through PM.

professorlight said:
13 Echoed voice

Just thought I'd state that Echoed Voice is usually learned later in a levelup movepool than what you have currently.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Eagle4 said:
professorlight said:
lovenere.png

Please use spoiler tags when quoting images. - Delta

not a huge fan of this at all. The mermaid concept has a lot of potential but currently Lovenere just looks awkward and creatively lacking. It's a generic, run-of-the-mill mermaid with nothing to make it interesting. Look at a Pokemon like... say... Seviper. It's a viper Pokemon, and if it were just a lifeless viper, that would be a poor design. Yet GameFreak decided to give it a stunning colour scheme and a blade for a tail, and now it's a great design. Try to be more inventive with the concept of a mermaid!

The design does seem a bit generic, but that's not to say it's uncreative; you can only understand lovenere in the context of its full line; all the references to the little mermaid, pisces, boticcelli, venus anadyomene all came together in the whole line, not just lovenere. Sure, it's more concrete than milotic, who shares a few references, but it wasn't my intention to make a complicated pokemon, but a representative of venus and love in the pokemon world, which left out a few interpretations (like xerneas's terror-maid), but also not a fully human-like mermaid, which would have left it as more or less an aquatic serpent with a face (close to milotic); I'll revise the design, since I actually had changed a couple of minor things already, but it won't change a lot except for becoming a bit more complex.

And the seviper example is comparing a pear painted by donatello with an apple painted by picasso; As you said, when you take away seviper's tail, fangs and markings, it becomes a stylized viper; it's an animal that got souped up and got a paintjob to what it is now, and it was good; lovenere falls more along the line of the fleur-de-lis motif in the snivy line, or the sumo-grecorroman-WWF look of the tepig line, where there's an abstract concept (or many) with a series of cultural interpretations that must be re-interpreted by the artist in a new shape; that's my style of design, I'm more likely to get a serperior than a seviper, and when we have more pokemon not designed by me, you'll see how all the sevipers and the serperiors blend in together.

Eagle4 said:
professorlight said:
Name: Magic Frenzy
Type:Special
Element:Fairy
Damage: 65
Accuracy:90
PP: 10
Long: Yes
DA: No
Description: The user shrouds the field using unstable magic.50% chance of causing a random status condition. 10% chance of causing either confusion or landinga critical hit.
Who Can Learn?:All Psychic and Fairy types.

This is terrible. It's just the kind of move you'd expect a fanboy to make. It goes against precedence due to its complete randomness and lack of reasoning behind each effect. There's too much going on, and the existence of this move is needless in the first place.

I'll leave xerneas to adress this one, but yes, it is overpowered. It's either or or. I brought them here to discuss, and we ended up discussing only swan song.
However, a 60-70 BP fairy type move is a neccessity, There should be at least a couple of them.

Eagle4 said:
professorlight said:
NO mechanics balancing. The current mechanics might not be perfect, but we'll deal with that with what we have; altering mechanics would be too complicated.

:/ why not? Mechanics balancing have occurred in every Generation to date, so if we want to keep with precedence, we should change or add at least one mechanic. Reluctance to balance mechanics based off the fact that you think it will be too complicated just shows a lack of ambition. I say we change mechanics!

If you recall, my explanation for why not do mechanics said "chaotic", not complicated.

When I started this, I didn't know what to expect, or how to organize things. I imagined that opening the door to mechanic changes was a dangerous slippery slope; you suggest a simple, logical change, like ice resisting water, and it's okay, then someone suggests new items, and then a new type, and then to nix a weakness, and then something else, and suddenly you have one thread, and two conversations; someone discussing a pokemon and some other people discussing a mechanic. You've read the thread; how long were we able to stay reviewing a pokemon or an idea before someone derailed the discussion in some way without us reaching a clear consensus? Right now, we don't need distractions, we need pokemon, ideas, discussion, work. Maybe later we'll do a few mechanic changes, but not now.

And I know the mechanic changes are necessary; if it was for me, the whole game would have to be remade from scratch with big changes, but that's not our place, nor our goal. This thread is "let's make the 7th generation of pokemon", not "let's make the 7th generation games".

Eagle4 said:
professorlight said:
13 Echoed voice

Just thought I'd state that Echoed Voice is usually learned later in a levelup movepool than what you have currently.

It's off then.

On other news, do you have any ideas you want to do and we can discuss?

lovandra

not an ordinary cat
May I suggest a design for some pokemon who already have design(s)?

I can start to work since today till weekend, then next Thursday-next Saturday.

Won't promise anything but will giving my best.

professorlight

Ice Queen
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation!

[img width=600 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2qgeo_yez7k/UyvGZk5grAI/AAAAAAAAAT4/p6cD1On1v2o/s912/lophostun.png[/img]

Crest fossil - Lophostun (Lophos + Stun) - Dilophrust (Dilophosaurus + Thrust) (Lv40)

Species: Stun Pokémon - Acceleration Pokemon
Type: Rock / Electric - Rock / Electric
Abilities: *Stunner / Lightningrod (HA) - **Mass driver / *Stunner (HA)

Gender Ratio: 12.5% Female, 77.5% Male
Catch Rate: 45
Egg Groups: Monster
Steps to Hatch: 7680

Height: 1.2m - 1.7m
Weight: 70kg - 90kg

Experience Yield: X
Levelling Rate: erratic
EVs: 1 att. - 1 att. / 1 spatt.
Base friendship: 70

Bodystyle: X
Footprint: X
Pokédex color: brown -

Pokedex entries:

"Millions of years ago, they used their copper-tipped tails to gather and store lightning during thunderstorms."

"They lived in packs in copper-rich areas. They hunted by ramming and stunning prey with their weak discharges."

"Dilophrust's crests generate a potent magnetic field. It uses this magnetic field to accelerate projectiles to incredible speeds."

"They can launch rocks with a speed of over 1000 m/s. They must often repair their eroded crests by eating copper ore."

Base stats:
X / X / X / X / X / X BST 376
X / X / X / X / X / X BST 534

Level Up moves
Lophostun:
- Astonish
- Growl
7 Spark
11 Charge
15 Rock blast
18 Headbutt
23 Rock polish
28 Thunder fang
32 Ancientpower
36 Volt switch
40 Screech
44 Iron head
58 Dragon rush
54 Wild charge
58 Head smash

Dilophrust:
- Zap cannon
- Rock wrecker
- Magnetic flux
- Fling
- Astonish
- Growl
7 Spark
11 Charge
15 Rock blast
18 Headbutt
23 Rock polish
28 Thunder fang
32 Ancientpower
36 Volt switch
40 Screech
44 Iron head
58 Dragon rush
54 Wild charge
58 Head smash
61 Smack down
64 ***Arc beam
68 Lock on
72 Rock wrecker
76 Zap cannon

TM moves
Hone Claws
Dragon Claw
Roar
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Safeguard
Frustration
Smack Down
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Sludge Bomb
Sandstorm
Rock Tomb
Aerial Ace
Facade
Flame Charge
Rest
Attract
Round
Overheat
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Fling
Charge Beam
Payback
Retaliate
Giga Impact
Rock Polish
Flash
Stone Edge
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Psych Up
Bulldoze
Rock Slide
Dragon Tail
Swagger
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Flash Cannon
Wild Charge
Rock Smash
Snarl
Nature Power
Confide
Strength

Egg Moves
Skull bash
Glare
Seed bomb
Dragon claw
Bubble bomb
Thunder wave
Magnet rise
Electro ball
Electrify
Acid spray
Smack down
Mud bomb
Pursuit
Magnet bomb

Tutor Moves

Notes:
I had to take a lot of time with these two (or one). I started one, didn't finish, started the other. Since I was having trouble to make the evolution, I focused on the prevo who was easier.
Well, not so much.
Lophostun took a lot of work in finding the right proportions and the right twist so it was more than a dilophosaurus with two technological crests; then I thought I could use the copper mineral to tie the rock type with its lightningrod (which was one of the few things the didn't change during the process) and its electric abilities; at the end, it came out nicely.
The movepools are different in concept, despite sharing them; lophostun learns most headbutting attacks, and a lot of flinching; while Dilophrust should be able to use those same attacks and use its accelerator crests to use the launching moves. since most are physical anyway, they can both benefit of an excellent attack; I was thinking of making dilophrust a bit sturdy and tank-like, so a good defense would be good too, as would a decent speed.

*Stunner
Can repel at contact.
If the Pokémon makes physical contact with the opponent, there is a chance the opponent flinches

**Mass driver
Powers up Bomb moves.
Increases the power of Bomb moves by 50%

Acid Spray
Aura Sphere
Barrage
Bullet Seed
Egg Bomb
Electro Ball
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Gyro Ball
Ice Ball
Magnet Bomb
Mist Ball
Mud Bomb
Octazooka
Rock Wrecker
Searing Shot
Seed Bomb
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Weather Ball
Zap Cannon
****Bubble bomb

***Arc Beam
electric - Special - 15 PP - 75 BP - 100acc
A beam of concentrated light. Can melt and burn at contact.
This move is electric type and fire type simultaneously. 15% chance to burn.

****Bubble bomb
water - special - 15 PP - 70 BP - 100 acc
The user attacks the target with a bursting bubble. The bubble damages Pokémon next to the target as well.

Does damage to the Pokémon to the side of the target equal to 1/16th of their maximum Hit Points.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilophosaurus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroshock_weapon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_rod
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser

professorlight

Ice Queen
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation! - SIGN-UPS OPEN

[img width=600 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-aDyw1g9HYj0/Uy0AXbazT8I/AAAAAAAAAV4/udQbDvghjd0/s576/shadowl3.png[/img]

[img width=450 height=]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yn8bPeABL1k/Uy0AWoVviWI/AAAAAAAAAV0/jk81CzTGRsM/s912/shadowl1.png[/img][img width=450 height=]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--pH9tARJRpA/Uy0AWU-dIfI/AAAAAAAAAVw/d4De7iuScyM/s912/shadowl2.png[/img]

Name (Source + Source) - Shadowl (Shadow + Owl) (Lv 40 + an ally knocked out by a dark type move in doubles)

Species: Wide-eyed Pokémon- The Night. The Darkness. The Vengeance Pokémon
Type: Flying / Normal - Flying / Dark
Abilities: Defeatist / Rattled / Defiant (HA) - *Nocturnal / Intimidate / Technician (HA)

Gender Ratio: 50% Female, 50% Male
Catch Rate: 190 - 60
Egg Groups: Flying
Steps to Hatch: 5120

Height: 0.4m - 1.6m
Weight: 8kg - 80kg

Levelling Rate: slow
EVs: 1 sp. - 1 att. / 1 def.

Pokédex color: - Black

Pokedex entries:

"It tirelessly patrols the forests and cities in search of evildoers. It is said to know when someone is evil."

"Shadowls fly silently and disappear into the darkness to ambush their target. They're deadly at close quarters."

Base stats:
30 / 32 / 33 / 25 / 35 / 45 BST 200
105 / 127 / 102 / 45 / 83 / 105 BST 567

Level Up moves
Shadowl:
- **Flow
- Shadow punch
- Nasty plot
- Foresight
- Hold back
- Taunt
- Counter
- Fake out
8 Air cutter
12 Shadow sneak
16 Circle throw
20 ***Nightfall
22 Mean look
26 Beat up
31 Flying press
36 Sucker punch
40 Acrobatics
45 Night slash
49 Detect
52 Retaliate
57 Phantom force
61 Punishment
68 Close combat
72 Sky attack

TM moves
Hone Claws
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Taunt
Hyper Beam
Protect
Roost
Safeguard
Frustration
Return
Double Team
Aerial Ace
Torment
Facade
Flame Charge
Rest
Attract
Thief
Low Sweep
Round
Echoed Voice
Steel Wing
Sky Drop
Incinerate
Will-O-Wisp
Acrobatics
Embargo
Shadow Claw
Payback
Retaliate
Giga Impact
Flash
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Psych Up
Swagger
Sleep Talk
U-turn
Substitute
Wild Charge
Snarl
Nature Power
Dark Pulse
Confide
Cut
Fly

Egg Moves
Me first
Double team
Feint
Brave bird
Defog
Mirror move
Quick guard
Knock off
Feint attack
Agility

Tutor Moves

Notes:

Who knows the evil that lurks in the hearts of men?
THE SHADOWL KNOWS. CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

This one is self explanatory; badass owl, dark-type killer. Have I mentioned how badass it is? because it it plenty badass. Just look at it. LOOK AT IT. those red, piercing, eyes; that badass scarf (suck it, greninja, that's how you make a badass scarf!), the big-ass talons, the high BST; that mofo doesn't f*** around, he will kick your ass with a god damn technician shadow punch or flowed close combat, and you'll be damn grateful because you just got to see THE GOD DAMN SHADOWL in full color, full HD, ass kicking action.

*Nocturnal
+1 speed at night or during nightfall. -1 speed at day or during sunshine.

**Flow
psychic - status - 15 PP - -BP - -acc
The user sets aside all distractions, focusing on its task.
The user gets +1 speed, +1 sp. att and +1 attack

***Nightfall
The user summons an early night. The moon powers up fairy-type moves.

Dark Type Pokemon take damage reduced by 50%.
Fairy Type moves base power is increased by 50%.
Solar Beam requires two turns of charge.
Synthesis and Morning Sun recover 25% of user's HP.
Moonlight recovers 100% of user's HP. (and recovers 25% on sunny day)
Pokemon with the ability chlorophyll get -2 speed.
The attack Weather Ball's Power doubles and becomes Dark Type.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-eared_Owl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_(genus)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Animated_Series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow

professorlight

Ice Queen

[img width=450 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-21IL5QbGtrI/Uy0h3YGeNzI/AAAAAAAAAWM/MrFrG-a59K4/s912/flufflurr.png[/img][img width=450 height=]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ow84ZwOmXWI/UyvHhlcZFKI/AAAAAAAAAUY/1PldMZQy0-I/s912/frozeen.png[/img]

Flufflurr (Fluffy + Flurry) - Frozeen (Frozen + Queen) (Dawn stone)

Species: Flurry Pokémon - Blizzard Pokemon
Type: Ice / Flying - Ice / Flying
Abilities: Snow cloak / Snow warning / Aerilate (HA) - Snow cloak / Snow warning / Aerilate (HA)

Gender Ratio: 78.5% Female, 12.5% Male
Catch Rate: 190 - 50
Egg Groups: Fairy - Amorphous

Height: 0.6m - 1.7m
Weight: 0.2kg - 0.5kg

Levelling Rate: Medium
EVs: 1 sp. - 1 sp. att. / 1 sp.

Footprint:
Pokédex color: white - blue

Pokedex entries:

"During winter, Flufflurrs can be found playing in frozen lakes."

"They come down from the high mountains at winter, and go back to them during spring."

"It is said that they live in ice palaces deep within the highest mountains."

"Frozeens only appear during blizzards in the most isolated mountains. Their aethereal form makes them difficult to see."

Base stats:
34 / 35 / 35 / 80 / 35 / 80 BST 299
85 / 50 / 85 / 125 / 85 / 125 BST 555

Level Up moves
Flufflurr:
- Gust
- Powder snow
- Mist
6 Defog
9 Fairy wind
13 Icy wind
17 Whirlwind
21 *Enshroud
25 Minimize
27 Twister
33 Freeze-dry
37 Tailwind
41 Frost breath
44 Hail / Rain dance
48 Ominous wind
52 Weather ball
55 Memento
59 Blizzard / Hurricane

Frozeen:
- Sheer cold
- Freeze-dry
- Weather ball
- Gust
- Powder snow
- Mist
- Defog
6 Defog
9 Fairy wind
13 Icy wind
17 Whirlwind
21 *Enshroud
25 Minimize
28 Twister
35 Freeze-dry
39 Tailwind
44 Frost breath
47 Hail / Rain dance
52 Ominous wind
56 Weather ball
59 Memento
64 Blizzard / Hurricane
68 Sheer cold

TM moves
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hail
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Safeguard
Frustration
Thunder
Return
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Torment
Facade
Rest
Attract
Echoed Voice
Will-O-Wisp
Embargo
Retaliate
Giga Impact
Flash
Psych Up
Frost Breath
Swagger
Sleep Talk
U-turn
Substitute
Flash Cannon
Trick Room
Nature Power
Dazzling Gleam
Confide
Fly

Egg Moves
Haze
Ice shard
Freeze-dry
Sky attack
Misty terrain
Morning sun
Uproar
Acid armor
Heat wave
Phantom force
Thunder
Water sport

Tutor Moves

Notes:

*Enshroud
Ghost - physical - 20 PP - 20 BP - 100 PP
The target is surrounded by a thick cloud that suffocates it for four to five turns.
Traps opponent. Inflicts 1/16th of the opponent's HP each turn.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_flurry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
*Enshroud
Ghost - physical - 20 PP - 20 BP - 100 PP
The target is surrounded by a thick cloud that suffocates it for four to five turns.
Traps opponent. Inflicts 1/16th of the opponent's HP each turn.
Removes the effects of Weather.
I'm happy now.

professorlight

Ice Queen

[img width=470 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rcL1ku-dQ-4/UyvHwjlfHGI/AAAAAAAAAUg/ZGlg75znzfU/s912/squixie.png[/img] [img width=470 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tV5z-T2RaI0/UyvFkVZN9SI/AAAAAAAAATw/5i7vBVeW8B8/s912/elvossom.png[/img]​
[img width=800 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--zgWH6sLHuQ/UyvHgkMsevI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/Y863QIiMqUo/s912/sciuridriel.png[/img]​

Squixie (Squirrel + Pixie) - Elvossom (Elf + Blossom) (Lv16) - Sciuridriel (Sciuridae + Galadriel) (Lv36)

Species: Grassy field Pokemon - Ranger Pokemon - Forest Pokemon
Type: Grass - Grass / Fairy - Grass / Fairy
Abilities: Overgrow / Grass pelt (HA)

Gender Ratio: 12.5% Female, 87.5% Male
Catch Rate: 45
Egg Groups: Grass - fairy

Height: 0.53m - 1m - 1.60m
Weight: 22kg - 43kg - 67kg

Levelling Rate: Medium slow
EVs: 1 Spe. - 1 Sp. att. / 1 Spe - 1 Sp. att. / 2 Spe.

Pokédex color: Brown

Pokedex entries:

"Its tail has hooked hairs on it which collect grass and flower seeds."

"Squixies hide inside bushes, concealing the entry hole with their verdant tails."

"Elvossoms patrol the forests where they live, using their extraordinary senses to look for signs of trouble."

"They can scale vertical trees and attack stealthily from the heights. They also use their tails for ground camouflage."

"Scuridriel uses its tail as a cloak, perfectly blending in with the forest. As such it is extermely difficult to find."

"Sciuridriels seem to be always aware of what happens in their forests. They always protect the creatures that live in them."

Base stats:
45/35/20/65/65/80 BST310
60/55/30/80/80/100 BST405
80/75/55/100/100/120 BST530

Level Up moves
Squixie
- Scratch
- Tail whip
5 Grass knot
9 Baby-doll eyes
13 Draining kiss
16 Grasswhistle
20 Tail slap
25 Magical leaf
27 Moonlight
31 Super fang
35 Energy ball
38 **Flow
41 Nature power
43 Grassy terrain
44 Forest's curse
47 Petal dance

Elvossom
- Scratch
- Tail whip
5 Grass knot
11 Baby-doll eyes
14 Draining kiss
18 Grasswhistle
22 Tail slap
27 Magical leaf
30 Moonlight
34 Super fang
39 Energy ball
42 **Flow
46 Nature power
50 Grassy terrain
51 Forest's curse
55 Petal dance

Sciuridriel
- Acrobatics
- Flower shield
- Scratch
- Tail whip
5 Grass knot
11 Baby-doll eyes
14 Draining kiss
20 Grasswhistle
24 Tail slap
30 Magical leaf
34 Moonlight
38 *Light arrow
42 Super fang
46 Energy ball
52 **Flow
56 Nature power
61 Grassy terrain
63 Forest's curse
68 Petal dance

TM moves
Hone Claws
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Taunt
Hyper Beam (Sciuridriel only)
Light Screen
Protect
Safeguard
Frustration
Solar Beam
Smack Down
Return
Dig
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Aerial Ace
Torment
Facade
Rest
Attract
Thief
Round
Echoed Voice
Energy Ball
Acrobatics
Embargo
Shadow Claw
Payback
Retaliate
Giga Impact (Sciuridriel only)
Flash
Psych Up
Grass Knot
Swagger
Sleep Talk
U-turn
Substitute
Nature Power
Power-Up Punch
Dazzling Gleam
Confide
Cut

Egg Moves
Flower shield
Charm
Sweet kiss
Play rough
Seed bomb
Aromatherapy
Bullet seed
Leech seed
Leaf storm
Bite
Fake tears
Faint attack
Quick attack
Hyper fang
Iron tail

Tutor Moves
Grass pledge
Frenzy plant (Sciuridriel only)

Notes:
Well, you know where these come from already; squirrels, elves, queens, lord of the rings, yadda yadda yadda.
Yes, they look like that but have an 85 percent+ chance of being male. Elves. Braixen. Deal with it.
Now for the good stuff, my dears. The idea, body shape-wise, was making the squirrel look like an elf more and more at each stage, hence the changes in height, posture and the progressive tapering and reduction of the ears.
Squixie is simple, as starters usually are, pretty much a stylized squirrel, with big eyes (for cuteness purposes, and also because squirrels have big eyes), and the grassy fur and seeds make it obvious it is grass type.
Elvossom gets more interesting, for her I based a lot on the ranger archetype from DnD, usually elves, it's all there, agility, stealthiness, communion with nature, a tiny, cute cape and a flower brooch reminiscent of the leaf brooches galadriel gave to the fellowship in the lord of the rings, the belly pattern is interrupted by a line that makes it seem as if elvossom is wearing a crop top, common detail in many depictions of forest elves.
Sciuridriel grew, of course, and her flowers all bloomed; the tail is not curled anymore (and now has the shape of a real squirrel tail, actually), since most of the time is covering her like a cloak (also derived from tolkien, and galadriel gave the fellowship magic cloaks that made them harder to locate too, plus, sniper camouflage cloaks, also used in elvossom); elvossom's cape and belly pattern, more youthful, now become a full dress, much more mature and stylish (unlike a certain fox, which goes from cute to hobo); she also gets a tiara of acorns at this point.
Her new, exclusive move is pretty much a fairy version of aura sphere.
As for moves, plenty of support, with special synergy with their HA, nightfall and grassy terrain, flower shield and forest's curse in doubles (also, forest's curse in opponent + acrobatics).
Sciuridriel's default appearance is with the cloak on, she takes it off to attack, and it flows when using non-damaging moves.

*Light arrow
Fairy - special - 20 PP - 80 BP - acc-
The user launches an arrow formed of its inner light.
This move will never miss.

**Flow
Psychic - status - 15 PP - -BP - -acc
The user sets aside all distractions, focusing entirely on its task.
The user gets +1 speed, +1 sp. att and +1 attack

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Galadriel
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...UJ.jpg/1000px-Galadriel_in_The_Hobbit_AUJ.jpg
http://www.extremetech.com/wp-conte...ntum-stealth-field-sniper-mock-up-640x353.jpg
http://image.shutterstock.com/displ...rass-and-trees-in-the-background-63627250.jpg
http://dignifiedmushroom.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/movi_lord_ther0176_large.jpg

professorlight

Ice Queen

[img width=450 height=]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-quA9NH3gRg0/UyzvmV-GtTI/AAAAAAAAAVI/xbxsRLA_2xY/s912/nocturm.png[/img][img width=450 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rPc5TnQuzGo/UyzvCD9VQsI/AAAAAAAAAUw/iD1mLSfsMcw/s912/chrysalux.png[/img]

[img width=450 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WjLbdd70AUs/UyzvNeDP_HI/AAAAAAAAAU8/rDo5Chg_xXk/s912/lunight1.png[/img][img width=450 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-K8RkU476kfg/UyzvOVlzRfI/AAAAAAAAAVA/YpO30eh_plw/s912/lunight2.png[/img]

[img width=450 height=]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-H2gMMbtbpyM/Uyzv9GTv-eI/AAAAAAAAAVY/0QJ8XbtY9rM/s912/stellight1.png[/img][img width=450 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qhwWr_GtsVs/Uyzv9O2tGyI/AAAAAAAAAVU/q1ZkTrfuDXU/s912/stellight2.png[/img]

Nocturm (Nocturn + Worm) - Chrysalux (Chrysalid + Crystal + Lux) (Lv16) - Lunight (Luna + Night + Light) (Lv up after learning dazzling gleam) - Stellight (Stella + Night + Light) (Lv up after learning night daze)

Species: Glow Pokémon - Night light Pokémon - Moonlight Pokémon - Starlight Pokémon
Type: Bug - Bug - Bug / Fairy - Bug / Dark
Abilities: Illuminate / *Nocturnal (HA) - Illuminate / **Refract (HA) - *Nocturnal / **Refract (HA) - *Nocturnal / **Refract (HA)

Catch Rate: 255
Egg Groups: Bug
Steps to Hatch: 3840

Height: 0'6'' - 1' - 3' - 3'
Weight: 3lbs - 5lbs - 8lbs - 8 lbs

Levelling Rate: Medium slow
EVs: 1 sp. def. - 2 def. - 2 sp. att. / 1 spe. - 2 att. / 1 spe

Pokédex color: black - white - green - black

Pokedex entries:

"It is called "the blinking pokemon", because their lights glow alternately as they move their legs."

"Nocturms were used in ancient times as household light sources."

"They generate enough heat to fuse their thin silk shells to a crystal-like composition."

"It is said that when a Chrysalux either turns its light off for good or lights up fully, something happens."

"Lunights roam the forests at night, guiding and protecting lost people and pokemon with their light."

"It uses its wings to absorb and reflect moonlight; this gives it a distinctive shine."

"They fly in moonless nights to catch unaware prey by moving between the shadows."

"Stellight's wings have small light-emitting cells that allow it to show images on them. It usually shows on them a starry sky."

Base stats:
40 / 35 / 25 / 30 / 30 / 10 BST 170
40 / 10 / 65 / 10 / 70 / 10 BST 205
80 / 30 / 90 / 60 / 100 / 80 BST 440
60 / 90 / 30 / 100 / 60 / 100 BST 440

Level Up moves
Nocturm:
- Tackle
- String shot
10 Struggle bug
20 Bug bite

Chrysalux:
- Tackle
- String shot
13 Harden
17 Struggle bug
22 Night daze / Dazzling gleam
27 Protect
32 Rest
40 Power gem

Lunight:
- Quiver dance
- Tail glow
- Silver wind
- ***Nightfall
- Tackle
- Flash
- Fairy wind
- Confuse ray
8 Fairy wind
16 Confuse ray
22 Gust
26 Healing wish
29 Signal beam
34 Heal pulse
38 Dazzling gleam
40 ***Nightfall - Moonlight
44 Silver wind
48 Tail glow
52 Quiver dance

Stellight:
- Quiver dance
- Nasty plot
- Ominous wind
- ***Nightfall
- Tackle
- Camouflage
- Feint attack
- Confuse ray
8 Feint attack
16 Confuse ray
22 Gust
26 Memento
29 Night slash
34 Torment
38 Night daze
40 ***Nightfall - Moonlight
44 Ominous wind
48 Nasty plot
52 Quiver dance

TM moves
Hidden Power
Taunt
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Roost
Safeguard
Frustration
Return
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Sludge Bomb
Aerial Ace
Torment
Facade
Rest
Attract
Round
Steel Wing
Energy Ball
Charge Beam
Acrobatics
Embargo
Shadow Claw
Payback
Giga Impact
Flash
Struggle Bug
Psych Up
Infestation
Sleep Talk
U-turn
Substitute
Dark Pulse
Dazzling Gleam
Confide

Egg Moves
Camouflage
Flash
Signal beam
Silver wind
Ominous wind
Poisonpowder
Sleep powder
Electroweb
Sucker punch
Night slash
Haze
Mist

Tutor Moves

Notes:
I had an idea a long time ago of a fairy type bug based on light, literal light, first a firefly, then a luna moth. We combined that with akwila's idea of a moth that has LCD-like wings for camouflage, and ended up with these.
Nocturm is a pretty standard early game bug, nothing especially remarkable about it.
Chrysalux is a different story; it's very ovbiously based on a lightbulb and the cocoon of the luna moth, very thin. Supposedly, the heat produced by crysalux's intermittent lighting fuses the silk threads into a hard, but brittle, crystal shell. Crysalux's evolution is a problem, since there was nothing like it before, we've agreed on it evolving at level 22 after learning dazzling gleam or night daze (or posterior, via move rememberer); if it learns both, it doesn't evolve, if it doesn't learn any, it doesn't evolve. It can't learn any of those moves by TM, so that's good. The explanation is that chrysalux can choose on whether to stop trying to turn on its light and embracing the darkness (evolving into stellight) or work on it and succeed (evolving into lunight) it can also not learn any of those, or both, and keep going to learn power gem, otherwise unavailable to its evolutions (and an excellent move to counter fire and flying foes).
At first, our intention with lunight was to have it learn all light based moves, but that didn't mesh out with the concept, so that was out. In the end, we gave them a bit of a mixed role; many buffs, a few, themed offensive moves and some tactical moves in the form of healing wish, heal pulse, memento and torment.
The designs were pretty much straightforward, we based the wings in two types of moths, and their bodies are similar, but different; where lunight is bright and colorful, stellight is dark; their color palettes reflect this, one using an accented analogic palette (yellow / yellow-green / green / dark magenta) and the other just black and white (for contrast).
They don't have any legs (see venomoth), but they do have arms (see ninjask), which stellight uses to strike its prey.
The egg moves contain moves exclusive to both evolutions, so you can breed a stellight with a lunight-exclusive move and viceversa; they also get a few more moves.

*Nocturnal
Boosts the pokemon's speed at night. During the day, the pokemon gets slower.
+1 speed at night or during nightfall. -1 speed at day or during sunshine.

**Refract
Boosts Special Attack by one stage and ignores damage when hit by a light based move:
Aurora Beam
Charge Beam
Confuse Ray
Dazzling Gleam
Flash
Flash Cannon
Hyper Beam
Light of Ruin
Luster Purge
Mirror Shot
Moonblast
Power Gem
Solar Beam
Techno Blast
Signal beam
****Arc beam

***Nightfall
dark - status - 15 PP - -BP - 100acc
The user summons an early night. The moon powers up fairy-type moves.

Dark Type Pokemon take damage reduced by 0.5
Fairy Type moves's base power is increased by 1.5.
Solarbeam requires two turns of charge.
Synthesis and Morning Sun recover 25% of user's HP.
Moonlight recovers 100% of user's HP. (and recovers 25% on sunny day)
Pokemon with the ability chlorophyll get -2 speed.
Weather Ball's power doubles and becomes Dark Type.

****Arc Beam
electric - Special - 15 PP - 75 BP - 100acc
A beam of concentrated light. Can melt and burn at contact.
This move is electric type and fire type simultaneously. 15% chance to burn.

Sources:
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2012/01/27/tropical-swallowtail-moth-from-malaysia/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actias_luna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Actias_luna_cocoons_sjh.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-StyusOSX150/T6AdLp7zmDI/AAAAAAAAAmY/Zp6SbkqpiKY/s1600/us_lightbulb.jpg

professorlight

Ice Queen
[img width=475 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ouSeseiAu0g/UwQSry2izWI/AAAAAAAAALI/-Z9IMANDkTY/s576/spubble.png[/img] [img width=475 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3HfQcKZaJi4/Uw2Ezt6hL4I/AAAAAAAAAP4/usRmVEDLVuk/s912/silvellive.png[/img]
[img width=475 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-dV7fDgAOjug/Uw2QbvgmHkI/AAAAAAAAAQI/Rnbi0y_CG74/s912/silvellive%2520goggles.png[/img]​

Spubble (Spider + Bubble) - Silvellive/Airachneta (Silver + Bell + Dive)/(Air - Arachne - Net)

Species: Waterwalker Pokémon - Air bubble Pokemon
Type: Bug / Water
Abilities: Swift swim / *Aqualung / Heatproof (HA)

Catch Rate: 150 - 75
Egg Groups: Bug - Water 1

Height: 1' - 3'06''
Weight: 5lbs - 16lbs

Levelling Rate: X
EVs: 1 HP - 1 HP / 1 spe.
Base friendship: X

Pokédex color: Brown - Blue

Pokedex entries:

"It uses foam to make itself seem larger and more intimidating to predators."

"An excellent fisher and swimmer, Spubbles have been known to harass fishermen by stealing their catches."

"They can stay underwater almost indefinitely, though they may seem somewhat clumsy out of the water."

"It surfaces occasionally to gather oxygen, which is transported in its back and legs while it dives for prey."

Base stats:
50/27/43/32/30/48 BST230
82/80/98/80/63/68 BST470

Level Up moves
Spubble:
- Bubble
- String Shot
- Spider web
6 Bug Bite
10 Screech
13 Bubble Beam
17 Sticky web
21 Aqua jet
25 Infestation
29 Agility
34 Aqua Ring
38 Fell stinger
42 Rain Dance
46 **Bubble bomb
50 Dive

Silvellive/Airachneta:
- Bubble bomb
- Dive
- Rain dance
- Fell stinger
- Soak
- Bubble
- String Shot
- Spider web
9 Bug Bite
13 Screech
17 Bubble Beam
25 Sticky web
29 Aqua jet
34 Infestation
38 Agility
41 Aqua Ring
45 Fell stinger
48 Rain Dance
52 **Bubble bomb
56 Dive

TM moves
Hone Claws
Toxic
Venoshock
Hidden Power
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Safeguard
Frustration
Return
Double Team
Sludge Wave
Sludge Bomb
Facade
Rest
Low Sweep
Round
Scald
Shadow Claw
Payback
Giga Impact
Struggle Bug
Psych Up
X-Scissor
Infestation
Poison Jab
Grass Knot
Swagger
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Confide
Surf

Egg Moves
Baton pass
Camouflage
Withdraw
Hydro pump
Signal beam
Gastro acid
Poison jab
Poison fang
Sucker punch
Mist

Tutor Moves

Notes:
Well, they didn't get too scary after all, though they do look a bit silly.
Spubble (Spider + Bubble) is based on the fishing spider, a spider that can walk on water. It's quite basic; eight legs, covered in foam, and some tiny googles in the eyes.
For the evolution's name, I like Silvellive more (Silk+Silver+Bell+Dive) because it has that nice alliteration with Spubble, while akwila prefers Airachneta (Air+Arachnid+Trachea+Net+Neta (greek, "spinner of silver")), it is based on a diving bell spider, which spends its entire life underwater, in nests full of oxygen spun form its web:
It also keeps air bubbles in its hairs which give it a silvery look, like it's covered in mercury, that was our intention with the abdomen, only with oversized, cartoony bubbles.
The last 4 legs of spubble became the 4 claws that the evolution uses to hold the bubbles that cover it (hence the high defense). A non relevant (for battle purposes) fact is that the spider can release the bubbles in its lair and harvest more with its claws, it can also consume the bubbles to get oxygen in the water.

*Aqualung
Raises Speed if hit by an Water-type move.

The Pokémon takes no damage from Water-type attacks and Speed raises by one level.

**Bubble bomb
15 PP - 70 BP - 100 acc
The user attacks the target with a bursting bubble. The bubble damages Pokémon next to the target as well.

Does damage to the Pokémon to the side of the target equal to 1/16th of their maximum Hit Points

***Bubble field
15 PP - - BP - -acc
The user scatters explosive bubbles around itself. The bubbles bounce back any entry hazards, but explode in the process.

Bounces back entry hazards.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_bell_spider
http://www.arkive.org/water-spider/argyroneta-aquatica/
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/08/070828-scuba-spider.html
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Dolomedes_triton.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua-lung

Status
Not open for further replies.