Kingdra, still the King of water ? or All washed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Is Kingdra Still good?

IVe been looking and right now Gyara and Vil gar look nice to me. Gyarados seems to be better to me for now. Its just I dont really like SP pokemon, I think they are bad IDK why lol

Hmm well back to Kigndra discussion. Before SP pokemon ruined it from T1 donks or 1 Hit KOS because I rememebr SP pokemon could go back to your hand with some card. Now with todays metagame whats the HP of most starters? if I run Kingdra Will I be now more on DOnking and spead or damage spread or what?

RE: Kingdra, Is he still Playable or is he Out played?

Most starters nowadays are Sableye SF (60 HP), Spiritomb AR (also 60), but I'm not sure about a common SP starter since I rarely see SP in my division in my area. Uxiedonk is gaining popularity, and he has 70, so a Spray Splash and an attack will work.

SP doesn't have a starter Pokemon per se; they just have a giant support pool and the ability to get set up very quickly. So long as the SP player starts the game with either a Collector or Cyrus in the hand (and all SPs standardly run at least 3 if not 4), they're basically set. That, and the ability to attack from many different angles quite easily make SPs not only have high power, but high recovery.

You could say Smeargle is an SP starter, since all they need to do is tack a Q onto the thing and steal everything.

Would Kingdra still be worthy without Claydol and Rosannes though? I mean with Uxie and poke drawer Im sure he could somehow be fast. Or is it his damage output to low?

Kingdra is still fast even without Claydol and Roseanne's. You simply just run at least two Uxie, at least three Pokemon Communication, and a lot of draw cards. You can pull off the T1 donk without Claydol and Roseanne's, but the donk will have problems against Trainer lock, which is why you run Regice LA. Kingdra's damage output isn't low either. If you attach Belt and do a couple of Spray Splashes, you can easily do a nice 100 a turn.

I Think im going to find a way to Run kingdra, I see Trainer lock as BEING A HUGE PROBLEM...Ill make a deck ( MD on right ? ) I mean I feel like he should still have consistency and all its just he doesnt have Claydol or googleannes. Ill just run 2-1 Uxie and lots of super scoop ups lol.

Yes, the format is MD-on. If you want a way to get rid of Trainer lock early in the game, then run Regice LA to use Regi Move and get rid of Spiritomb starts. This only works if your opponent doesn't have another Spiritomb in play, or if Vileplume isn't in play, however.

Well trainer lock seems to be my only problem, Why what do spiritomb stats do now?

Spiritomb AR locks Trainers for both players when he is the Active Pokemon due to his Keystone Seal Poke Body. Thanks to Spiritomb's Darkness Grace attack, you search your deck for any evolution card that evolves from one of your Pokemon and evolve that Pokemon, but you also put one damage counter on Spiritomb. Players run Spiritomb because it can help setup the field by using Darkness Grace, and it can slow your opponent down with Keystone Seal.

Oh god Hes Like Counter Kingdra... I just want a way to run Kingdra. Like Before I quit I ran Blastcatty with a 1-0-1 Kingdra LA line as a tech ( if anyone doesnt remember Blastcatty had you Discarding a lot of Water energy so youd have like... 10-12 in your discard pile fast and it was a good way to get them back into the deck ) Can i tech in any other ways to counter SPiritomb?

Regice LA, Cyclone Energy, and Dialga G LV.X are really the only effective ways to stop Spiritomb from messing you up. Of course, if your opponent might see a Regi Move coming, they'll play down 2 Spiritomb, so you should not drop your Cyclone or use Regi Move if your opponent has 2 Spiritombs in play.

Well, once the B/W set comes out, you can use Pokemon Catcher, which basically is a Trainer card that lets you choose a benched pokemon to bring up to replace the active. Sadly, this won't be for a while, probably around April or May.

EDIT: I need to learn that you can't use trainers to get out of a trainer lock >.>

Well, once the B/W set comes out, you can use Pokemon Catcher, which basically is a Trainer card that lets you choose a benched pokemon to bring up to replace the active. Sadly, this won't be for a while, probably around April or May.
We're talking about ways to get around Trainer Lock, remember.

Here's a Kingdra list I've been toying with.

4-4-3/1 Kingdra La-La-Prime/La
2-2-2 VilePlume
4 Tomb
2-1 Uxie
1 Mesprit
1 Q
=27

4 Collector
4 Bebe's
4 Seeker
4 BTS
2 Judge
2 Belt
1 Palmers

6 {W}
4 call
2 Warp

Why the Trainer Lock? I think trainer lock would hurt Kingdra a lot more than most other decks, since he's designed to donk.

Slows down Sp's which destroy you with trainers, without it gets harder. Just an idea.

SO ive been experimenting... and he still seems OKAY as long as you have Uxies, and Poke Drawers for now, Hes hit hard without Rare candys though... hes ALMOST unplayable for me at this moment. Any luck from anyone else?

4-4-4 Kingdra ( all LA i havent tried prime yet )
2-1 Uxie
1 Azelf

are the man lines im trying

NOW I do want to try in a tech for say... more Speed because im going for quick hard kills.
I was thinking Bronzong ( I believe SF ) for the 2 energy for 1 card trick.

im a big fan of kingdra btw
dont use 4 seadra
2-3 is the best
try using kingdra prime its awesome
3 prime 1 LA is the best kingdra for me
just add seeker to reuse something
trainer lock is kingdra's some weakness i tested that out i was just passing turn by turn because of the lock cant set at least 1 kingdra
(i might just repeating what other says ^^)

Well Im an OG kingdra and trainer lock was something Ive learned to get around, Bronzong SF helps but you need to set up quickly before the Trainer lock can begin. I mean I lost a lot of tools like TSD and night Maintenance. I still have poke Pick up or whatever it is ( pick a one pokemon card from your discard and add it to your hand ) But Id Feel more comfortable with 4 Seadras, my reason is if you have no Draw power anymore or Rare candy its not as easy to Swarm. So having a Horsea on your bench with THe distort time place card can become a Seadra=Kingdra. Say you have a lead Kingdra he Gets Ko'ed Bring out the Horsea and Double evolve.

if it's a vileplume trainer lock, using Omastar would help you out of the trainer lock, assuming you get your fossil down before they place the trainer lock in the first place.

Palkia GX is a very good way to get out of trainer lock if they are doing vileplume with a full bench. just Lost zone it away =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back