Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

So how would it work if I Archies / Maxie'd a card stright to the bench without evolving it? Would it go back to my hand? If that was my last pokemon, would that be auto-lose?
I would recommend you go to the Ask a Professor Forum and ask this question about Archie and Claydol AOR (one of the most similar Espeon-EX). You'll be able to get a certified answer that way. :3

Yet another Dragon Pulse with a card discard attached to it. Sigh.

First attack is okay, this should have just been a psychic (poison) Pokémon.

It seems to lack synergy. it has a poison effect, but you want to take the Flash Fire Dragalge to get the best use out of it. I like it and I want to make it work. Dragalge is probably my favorite 6th gen pokemon.

Meh. We've seen that first attack before, and while it may seem scary at first, there are just so many ways out of that effect, it's not even funny.

is it at all possible it'll have a break?? seems like the kind of card that would, as it doesn't seem that strong for a "R".

A poison 4 for 1 energy is pretty well priced. With Virbank it's 70. If the defending Pokemon can't retreat or bump Virbank, they will be Knocked Out. Even if they bump Virbank, placing another one will still be enough for most KOs. That being said, if the opposing deck can promptly remove the poison and strike back with OHKOs, Dragagle won't stand a chance. A fun looking card, but there are too many outs to beat it.

That's too bad about no break. The art on this one is fantastic, however! Really gonna look great as a holo.

With the set formally releasing in just 3 days, I assume we'll start getting leaks soon. Fingers crossed for an Umbreon-EX to match Espeon. >_>

in expanded you deal 180 dmg going back into your opponents turn tho... i could see a double dragalge deck with robo subs and hydreigon EX- retreating into the robo sub going back into their turn. if you dragon pulse turn 2, thats knocking out an ex going back into their turn, which aint bad (not a gamechanging card, but i like dragalge)

Last edited:
is it at all possible it'll have a break?? seems like the kind of card that would, as it doesn't seem that strong for a "R".
Nope in English we will get five breaks Golduck, Luxray, Raticate, Trevanant, and Greninja

Well, it's good in Expanded, I guess. You could play a one-of in Gengar where you normally have your other Dragalge on the bench. I mean, you already play Virbank, Skrelp and Psychic Energy, so why not?

In Standard, though, it's just really sad. Especially if you happen to face a Meinshao. XD

CVsRKfqUwAAW5QQ.jpg

Hypno
Ability: Good Night Baby (lol no joking)
Once per turn you may leave both Defending Pokemon asleep.

[P][P] Headbutt of Thoughts 50 

Back