Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

What a strange set this is. The set is not really specific to a certain type but there will be somehting like 18/19 water type cards and 15 psychic. Compare that two maybe 2/3 fire type and only 2 electric pokemon.

I can understand the high water pokemon in this set because of the splash energy, although some may say it is not really that good. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of 22-26 to be the poli line and a a poli break card/EX. Maybe that line will get a big help out from splash water energy somehow.

You could play it with Bats VS Breaks or even Megas - knock the HP down just enough then devolve the Break/Mega for an instant knockout.

Psycho Shock also breaks through Regice, Aegislash etc and 1HKOs Lucario with a Muscle Band. Though I think Psychic needs a bit more acceleration for this to be worthwhile in those decks.

Decent in a Smeargle/Bronzong or Aromatisse toolbox though...people should really stop disregarding cards off-hand as soon as they're revealed.

Maybe give us a Politoed break with attack call for family.

[W][W] call for family
As long as there is space on the bench, put as many poliwag, poliwhirl and/or poliwrath straight from your hand on to your bench as you like in any combination. All pokemon put into play this way count as basic pokemon.

Maybe give us a Politoed break with attack call for family.

[W][W] call for family
As long as there is space on the bench, put as many poliwag, poliwhirl and/or poliwrath straight from your hand on to your bench as you like in any combination. All pokemon put into play this way count as basic pokemon.
As I mentioned earlier it probably would be in the next set, since all the BREAKs from this set have been released, at least if it were to match with the set description for Breakpoint, which states that there will be 5 BREAKs in the set. Greninja and Luxray are mentioned in the description, and Raticate and Trevenant would most likely also appear since they're in the Japanese set. The last BREAK is most likely Golduck, assuming they're including the Golduck/Palkia deck into the English set. So unfortunately that means no Politoed BREAK (as of this set) :/

As I mentioned earlier it probably would be in the next set, since all the BREAKs from this set have been released, at least if it were to match with the set description for Breakpoint, which states that there will be 5 BREAKs in the set. Greninja and Luxray are mentioned in the description, and Raticate and Trevenant would most likely also appear since they're in the Japanese set. The last BREAK is most likely Golduck, assuming they're including the Golduck/Palkia deck into the English set. So unfortunately that means no Politoed BREAK (as of this set) :/

I forgot about that. Can't say I'm upset though, since I don't like break cards anywa. This is mainly because the pokemon appear in gold colour. But the poli line is one of may favourite evolution line if not the favourite, so anytime those cards are printed I'm happy to see them. There still is enough space for the four of them in this set as regular prints.

So does this mean the last break is Dragalge? Chances are probably yes, because the whole set should be done in less than a week. But I am hoping it is Golduck though.

Espeon is really strong in my opinion. Pair it with Archeops and then they are stuck with whatever krapshoot they started with which you should could knock out with bats.

Espeon is really strong in my opinion. Pair it with Archeops and then they are stuck with whatever krapshoot they started with which you should could knock out with bats.
In a game focused around big basics, you're probably only going to pick off your opponent's Zubats doing that.

I think the point is to troll your opponent until they've sustained enough damage to knock out a lower stage form of that Pokemon

After this if this if they reveal Glaceon EX I will probably die from happiness. And since Glaceon is my favorite Pokemon ever! I will probably be so happy if I don't get. It in the booster box I'll buy a PSA 9 full art of it. But anyways the Espeon EX is cool and I like the art. (Sighs) Pokemon making me more broke than ever this season. Did they do this with Phantom Forces making 5 pack products left and right (besides the collectors tin)?

Drowzee looks like I do in the shower!

...Not sure if that's a compliment for Drowzee or a concern for me.

Hopefully we'll hit a good card soon. We're in a bit of a rut with the XY9 news.

Actually, that's not exactly right. Rules on devolution are similar to rules on evolution. A Pokémon has to be in play for a full turn before it's capable of evolving. So the opponent needs to wait until the turn after the turn after you devolve their Pokémon before they can evolve it again. I've been running Claydol AOR for a while now and it's done me fairly well, having an incredibly similar attack to this Espeon.

So how would it work if I Archies / Maxie'd a card stright to the bench without evolving it? Would it go back to my hand? If that was my last pokemon, would that be auto-lose?

Back