Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Holy ... we are actually getting Eeveelution EX's. Did tPCI read my posts?

It better come to Hong Kong, or else.

Hope they would make a BREAK Eeveelution in addition to the EX. But is that asking for too much?

It isn't confirmed that these are Eeveelution EXs I believe.
However it is clear that these are Ancient Trait Eeveelutions which is definitely something I really wanted!

CYL

All hail Eevee!
It isn't confirmed that these are Eeveelution EXs I believe.
However it is clear that these are Ancient Trait Eeveelutions which is definitely something I really wanted!
I hope it is an Eeveelution EX... though it's rather strange that they chose Jolteon and Vaporeon but not Flareon, don't you think?

TokenDuelist

I hope it is an Eeveelution EX... though it's rather strange that they chose Jolteon and Vaporeon but not Flareon, don't you think?
I'm thinking that might be because the Jolteon deck is Lightning/Fire. So maybe Flareon is in there.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
I'm thinking that might be because the Jolteon deck is Lightning/Fire. So maybe Flareon is in there.
Yeah, but I mean, it's normal to expect that the Gen 1 Trio gets to be the cover Pokémon, right? But by now, I'm used to tPCI splitting up the Eeveelutions in various ways anyways (like in Undaunted/CoL, having everything but the Glaceon).

Last edited:

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
If this set has some Johto-y inspirations all I ask from it is a good looking Sudowoodo card, preferably holo up. Maybe a psychic Lugia too, you know because it isn't a water type.

If the Red Gyarados leads to some Lance homage maybe a Dragonite-BREAK.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
The rest of the Eeveelutions, the return of Baby Pokémon [Pichu specifically], or a Playable Lilligant would be nice.

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
These cards are trash; Gyrados is C for a flip attack and WWCC for 130 damage and 10 to all of your bench. The mega does 120 and would never to more the 160 damage for CCCC. Ugh, hopefully other cards have potential.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
With 4 water energy, M-Gyara can hit for 200. Not bad for Mega standards, but getting all of that water energy on in standard could be problematic. 2 Water and a DCE still hits for 160 though.

I rate em an 7/10. The art is pretty nice on top of that.

TokenDuelist

I am completely A-Okay with these not being very playable due to the fact that it makes it WAYYYY easier for me to add it to my Magikarp/Gyarados binder.

On another hand though, I am slightly disappointed because it means Gyarados won't be a very good card this time. Regardless, I always welcome another Gyarados card.

MelancholyFairy

Tricky Fox
Is anyone thinking of the potential this could have with Archie/Blastoise or mainly Primal Kyogre? It could be clunky but I think it could work. Maybe not so much Archie, but I think with Primal Kyogre it could work.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
This card is pretty good. Gyarados EX first attack should at least get you 1 energy. Something like "search your deck for one energy and attack it to this card, then flip a coin. For each heads, search your deck for an energy and attack it"

Not sure why people are saying the card sucks. 120+ damage is very strong.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
Is anyone thinking of the potential this could have with Archie/Blastoise or mainly Primal Kyogre? It could be clunky but I think it could work. Maybe not so much Archie, but I think with Primal Kyogre it could work.
This!

I think a basic Keldeo/archie's stoise deck with mega Gyrados thrown in could be really good, I guess a 2-2-2 line, it's basically a BK EX without the discard and 40 more HP, even with MMY existing it would take the MMY 2 DCE to ko this thing with 4 water energy on it. I really can't wait to see what it could do, because with 5 water energy on it it kos megas, something which Keldeo EX can't exactly do for the same energy, plus this has 70 more HP then said Keldeo EX and has a more uncommon weakness unless you're in a high mega manectric meta area.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Let's see.. You have Palkia-EX to accelerate water energy, Golduck Break to move it around, and this high-HP mega to do loads of damage! The only thing missing is to deal with the lighting weakness - Manectric-EX is the problem of making this work...

Jessie Mulay

Aspiring Trainer
Wow that art is nice. Can't wait for the Full Art.

Mega isn't that bad when you have Mega Turbos and such.

Though since we'll most likely get the Special Water Energy this set I'm very curious to what its effect will be. It will probably have some synergy with M Gyarados. I'm thinking something to do with Energy acceleration.

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
Yes at first thought you may think this Mega is not going to be very playable, but you have to take certain things into consideration, number one don't forget about things like Palkia EX and Golduck break which will most likely be released in BREAKpoint, also Gyarados and its mega are pretty much the only cards confirmed will be in BREAKpoint, we know so little about this set, for example when M-Rayquaza EX was first announced everybody thought it would be horrible, that's because we didn't know about sky field yet. I am just saying we have to wait before we say it sucks. Remember, a special water energy is expected to make an appearance maybe it will make mega gyarados better, let's not assume yet.

Hydrocrush

Aspiring Trainer
your all being stupid we have yet to see the special water energy which might count as 2 energies on a water type pokemon then suddenly this moves up to god tier