Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
By shiny do you mean the Pokemon is a different color then it should be shiny or holo shiny?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I'm still waiting for my mega pidgeot but I hope there aren't 2 mega gardevoirs. I do want to know what the other mega is.

Saarebas

Aspiring Trainer
Just hope there's more holo-rares in this set than Fates Collide. I mean, 5 is really pathetic.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I hope they have a regular Volcanion as well as a Volcanion-EX. I also hope they bring Shellos and Gastrodon into the set like they did with Burmy and Wormadam in XY Fates Collide.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
So have two megas in this set, one of which is likely M. Gardevoir EX. And the other...is who knows. Not encouraging here. If this is the second to (or last) set and we have so many EX's to go here...I mean they released M. Garchomp EX as a promo and M. Beedrill EX but no guarantee we these are what we get.

Now my question is will the Legendary Dream Collection holos end up in this set?

We have seven other 'dual' types. Somehow this idea just seems bad to me. Either embrace it fully or don't but don't do it in half measures.

I wonder what the other five BREAKS will be? I suspect one of them is Talonflame BREAK.

I'll wait until we get more stuff revealed (like Black Kyurem hopefully) but I have to say I'm not as enthusiastic about this set as the last couple of ones.

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I hope Gardevoir and M Gardevoir have a different attack than the normal one, as those were just reprinted in Genrations.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
One XY11 set has 54 cards and the other probably too! That is always excluding UR's.... Does that mean that we won't get all cards from both sets???

Hydrocrush

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if this will extend into "normal" Pokemon or if it will be limited to EX.

As for the Weakness, it would have made more sense to go with Fighting weakness, considering Fire/Water typing is weak to Rock and Ground. Or even Lightning weakness.

6 EX
8 dual types

what do you think?

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
So, a line of basic fire (preferable with low attack cost) non-EX attackers, as many of these Volcanion on the bench as possible, Fisherman and energy retrieval.

Need to come up with a list of Basic Fire attackers with low energy requirements that could fit the bill... most of them were made in the era of Blacksmith energy acceleration so whats coming to mind is
* Entei
* The Other Entei
* Attack Wing Charizard EX
* Flareon EX
* ...Heatmore?
* ???

Purrloin

I think I'm the only person not hyped about this new set.
I'm not very hyped either, sadly, mainly because I don't care much for Yveltal and Xerneas, and Gardevoir has had many EX prints lately. Also I don't care much for Break; unless it's a Basic, I don't even use them, and they don't have much collector appeal to me.

The dual-type feature got me a bit hyped, but now that we know only eight Pokemon will have it (which will probably just be URs), I'm not too excited about it anymore.

All my negativity could change as cards are revealed though, of course. :p Maybe we'll see a M-Banette? Maybe some Pokemon who've been missing for a while? Maybe a Purrloin...?!

Transformatron

Aspiring Trainer
So, a line of basic fire (preferable with low attack cost) non-EX attackers, as many of these Volcanion on the bench as possible, Fisherman and energy retrieval.

Need to come up with a list of Basic Fire attackers with low energy requirements that could fit the bill... most of them were made in the era of Blacksmith energy acceleration so whats coming to mind is
* Entei
* The Other Entei
* Attack Wing Charizard EX
* Flareon EX
* ...Heatmore?
* ???

Heatmor was the first to come to mind for me. 2 Volcanion, 3 Fire Energy and a Muscle Band to hit 120 on the first turn and he's only a 1 prize attacker, or you could use Fighting Fury Belt and hit 110 for Shaymin hunting.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I am so glad that they're bringing back dual types... and the fact that there are becoming less EXs might mean they're phasing out EXs? One can only hope. :0