Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

I am so sick of seeing Gardevoir in the sets, but the dual typing is a really cool mechanic that I hope ends up working enough for it to be in future sets.

Dual type similar to Delta species.
EX similar to ex.
lv.x similar to break.

Something has to be phased out. It will have to be break similar to ancient trait going out within a year.

I hope pokemon who have had multiple EX and those with breaks don't get dual type cards. I don't want to see a Mega Charizard EX dragon/Fire type. Good luck with trying to fit that in the top bar along with the HP if they do try.

Last edited:
One XY11 set has 54 cards and the other probably too! That is always excluding UR's.... Does that mean that we won't get all cards from both sets???

Well, 54 x 2 is only 108, so we're likely getting 2 random promos added in in the same vein as Marowak, All Night Party, Heavy Boots, etc.

The other Mega will probably reflect one of the megas from the movie --

"Pokemon confirmed for the movie are Magearna, Volcanion, shiny Mega Gardevoir, Slurpuff, Mega Salamence, Mega Glalie, Mega Steelix, Mega Alakazam, Mega Houndoom, Mega Tyranitar, shiny Mega Gengar, Mega Swampert, Mega Sableye, Mega Banette, and Mega Beedrill."

Out of those, I would guess Salamence. The Cruel Traitor set already has a Mega -- M. *heavy sigh* Gardevoir -- so for symmetry Explosive Fighter needs one. Salamence is red and blue, has fire and water attacks. The only issue being, if they're making the """"""special"""(""") cards dual typed, I assume they wouldn't do one of them as colorless (what would be the point -- no support, no weaknesses).

Well, 54 x 2 is only 108, so we're likely getting 2 random promos added in in the same vein as Marowak, All Night Party, Heavy Boots, etc.

But the 54 card indication is without full arts I thought, those exist outside the regular set in Japan!

I say Mega Beedrill. For one, there was a mega Beedrill promo released in Japanese, and two, grass psychic type = bueno

2 Megas? And one of them is a repeated one (Gardevoir)? What??? There's still like ~12 Megas without a card and instead of increasing the number, they decrease it even more? What about all those Megas in the movie? Isn't the set supposed to feature pokémon from the movie? This is ridiculous...

But the 54 card indication is without full arts I thought, those exist outside the regular set in Japan!
^This. The english set has 110 cards, that means some cards from the japanese set will probably be excluded (right away, I can think of Magearna as one of them). That worries me...

This is a neat mechanic. Solid attack and a cool ability to boot. Though please TPCI, STOP making effects that only benefit basics. All it's doing is limiting combo potential.

I just thought of something. How are they gonna make full arts work with that diagonal line running through the card. I'm expecting ugly full arts, hardly any EXs, and a ton of BREAK cards. Is this set my worst nightmare or what?

What happened to make you guys go from the awesomeness that is Fates Collide to this crap where you can't even make your mascot of the set not an eyesore to look at?

Last edited:
But what if the FA's are really cool with a water and fire vortex in the background. Or a bunch of steam.

EDIT: Lol popplio not getting any love. Litten is just to lit. :rolleyes: Rowlett is the cute one, and Popplio is the one you choose because you feel bad for it. Still, team Litten!

I feel like steelix has a good chance of being our second mega, due to its inclusion in the newest movie as well as the metal sort of vibes I'm getting from the official set artwork, which seems to look very industrial.

I hope less EX means they plan to phase them out. We don't need them, they're a stain that has hung around way too long. Basic heavy formats take away the entire purpose of the game imo. A nice hard set rotation would be nice too. Keep EXs in expanded and leave them there.

But what if the FA's are really cool with a water and fire vortex in the background. Or a bunch of steam.
Honestly, I don't see that happening. Pokemon usually dissapoints now a days (ESPECIALLY the BREAK cards. Man I did not need Level X's to return and in the worst way...), however I am hoping you're right. Until I see a full art, I doubt that they will be doing this.

Why does it have to be BASIC fire types? It'd be a good tool for Golurk.

Oh I understand how Dual types are treated in the card game before this.
This is probably the first time where a Pokemon that would take 0 Damage in the games, and now would take DOUBLE the damage, cause the TCG sucks at translating that kind of thinking over.

Like, imagine how baffling it is. This guy takes ZERO, Zich Damage from Water attacks in the games. Somehow, he is weak to water HERE cause Fire is suppose to be weak to water cause.... TCG Logic.
Someone said Heatran before but the promo Pangoro is weak to psychic (lol you deserve it you dumb panda), which is even worse because that's a natural immunity rather than one caused by an ability. It's easier to give generic weaknesses/resistances, the only Pokemon that haven't been given generic weakness/resistance in the XY block are Ho-Oh EX and all the Magikarp/Gyarados (sure water was normally weak to electric but it was changed to grass outside of Gyarados and Water/Flying types since Boundaries Crossed)

Last edited by a moderator:
To get around that 3 retreat cost, one could maybe use Manaphy-EX and a few water energy considering Volcanion is a Water type.

this card will make any fire pokemon usable i cant wait to see a torchic with omega barrage attack for 180 twice in one turn

Only 2 megas and 1 of them is another M-Gardevoir... all these Gardevoir cards are really annoying me.

There are still M-Steelix, M-Lopunny, M-Pidgeot, M-Slowbro, M-Pinsir, M-Sableye, M-Medicham, M-Sharpedo, M-Camerupt, M-Banette, M-Salamence, M-Latias, M-Garchomp and M-Abomasnow but no, let's reprint another Gardevoir. Yeah.

Back