Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Nov 16, 2015.

1. theminelander Aspiring Trainer
    theminelander

...and another sucky BREAK. Great.

2. Xtrap Aspiring Trainer
    Xtrap

why u guys r thinking lugia break is not a good pokemon? it's a non ex pokemon with 150hp+20(ability), I think it'll be good with bronzong and zoroark.

3. Ms Hugo Aspiring Trainer
    Ms Hugo

I just noticed, if Alakazam's ability is right, that mean you can use it with Absol (ROS) turn 2 for a OHKO on nearly anything. That's pretty awesome.

4. PG24 <Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
    PG24

Badges Staff Advanced Member Member

aahahaha they actually reprinted Gold Breaker Bouffalant that now needs to be active for the reduced damage.

ahahah the absolute madmen!

Royal likes this.
  5. Chrswrites Aspiring Trainer
    Chrswrites

Can you maybe destroy Night March with Alakazam Ex?

Javi Blizz likes this.
  6. jfmgunner Aspiring Trainer
    jfmgunner

I really think this M Alakazam could be fast and deadly. With bats or Absol you can get the damage on the board. Not to mention getting two M Alakazam's out would put six damage counters on everything,though that's trickier. So with the right setup you can be really fast and aggressive, not to mention the psychic support the set hopefully has. I'm very excited for this card.

7. jfmgunner Aspiring Trainer
    jfmgunner

Great point about night March too. I think it's a definite possibility!

8. LiftoffLizard Hoenn Nerd
    LiftoffLizard

After this... My only excitement is to see the Mega Altaria EX coming out...

Ughh....

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  9. Ace Trainer Red Aspiring Trainer
    Ace Trainer Red

Am I the only one that thinks that the Alakazam-EX card looks better than the Mega Alakazam-EX card?

HA559 likes this.
  10. LiftoffLizard Hoenn Nerd
    LiftoffLizard

No I will join you in that... Why make more megas with all the stuff against it... It seems almost hypocritical

11. Pinecone A Pinecone on the Beach
    Pinecone

Lugia, 120 HP, -20 damage reduction ability and you can throw on a hard charm/assault vest with an added resistance to fighting, worth only 1 prize and can take any energy. It's a better Bouffalaunt. It doesn't even need to be ran with the BREAK.

HA559 likes this.
  12. HA559 Aspiring Trainer
    HA559

That regular lugia is almost as good as an EX itself if not for the HP.

Give us a regular non EX Ho-oH as well, we haven't had one since call of legend I think.

13. AuraMaster "Custom Title"? What's that?
    AuraMaster

I'm more intrigued by the fact that the complete forme Zygarde-EX is a fighting type. Is this just represented on it's Ground-type behalf or could we be seeing the first Dragon/Fighting-type Pokemon?

14. Metalizard Aspiring Trainer
    Metalizard

^It's because it is part-Ground-type...
    Zygarde's 10% and Complete formes are confirmed to be Dragon/Ground like the old 50% forme...

15. festizzio Desu
    festizzio

I am highly, highly skeptical of the Alakazam EX ability. When in Pokemon have you ever seen a pre-evo with an ability that activated when it's evolved? Never, because it makes no sense logically in game. It's always on the evolution card. It also seems insanely overpowered for just evolving. I could see it having something to do with searching for M Alakazam EX, maybe when it has 3 or more damage counters or something like that. I remember a few Alakzam lines having attacks or traits that allow them to evolve quicker. Looks interesting and excited to see the full translation!

Yog likes this.
  16. 87mcben Fighting Chicken
    87mcben

With Mega Alakazam you could run bats and d-valley. But wobuffet is a thing. Maybe you could play both?

17. JuSmith Aspiring Trainer
    JuSmith

Or Bats :D

werty81180 likes this.
  18. NinjaBem Aspiring Trainer
    NinjaBem

Cool card! I see lot's of play ahead with Alakazam and it's mega! Lugia and it's BREAK aren't that good though.. maybe a trick coin might help. And people are saying that you should use Alakazam And it's mega with Trevenant BREAK. Nah, do either Kyurem EX because he's easier to get into play, or do a gengar deck from BREAKthrough which kills your opponent one shot if you retreat mega Alakazam and put up Gengar. THAT would be a good deck.

werty81180 likes this.
  19. Ramo0927 I am a
    Ramo0927

TrevenantBREAK + Mega Gengar= R.I.P. Mega Alakazam

20. destroymichelle Aspiring Trainer
    destroymichelle

I'm very happy with Alakazam as an EX and the artwork on the Mega. But I'm not so sure about that Lugia Break...

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?