Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

I really think this M Alakazam could be fast and deadly. With bats or Absol you can get the damage on the board. Not to mention getting two M Alakazam's out would put six damage counters on everything,though that's trickier. So with the right setup you can be really fast and aggressive, not to mention the psychic support the set hopefully has. I'm very excited for this card.

Lugia, 120 HP, -20 damage reduction ability and you can throw on a hard charm/assault vest with an added resistance to fighting, worth only 1 prize and can take any energy. It's a better Bouffalaunt. It doesn't even need to be ran with the BREAK.

That regular lugia is almost as good as an EX itself if not for the HP.

Give us a regular non EX Ho-oH as well, we haven't had one since call of legend I think.

I'm more intrigued by the fact that the complete forme Zygarde-EX is a fighting type. Is this just represented on it's Ground-type behalf or could we be seeing the first Dragon/Fighting-type Pokemon?

^It's because it is part-Ground-type...
Zygarde's 10% and Complete formes are confirmed to be Dragon/Ground like the old 50% forme...

I am highly, highly skeptical of the Alakazam EX ability. When in Pokemon have you ever seen a pre-evo with an ability that activated when it's evolved? Never, because it makes no sense logically in game. It's always on the evolution card. It also seems insanely overpowered for just evolving. I could see it having something to do with searching for M Alakazam EX, maybe when it has 3 or more damage counters or something like that. I remember a few Alakzam lines having attacks or traits that allow them to evolve quicker. Looks interesting and excited to see the full translation!

With Mega Alakazam you could run bats and d-valley. But wobuffet is a thing. Maybe you could play both?

Cool card! I see lot's of play ahead with Alakazam and it's mega! Lugia and it's BREAK aren't that good though.. maybe a trick coin might help. And people are saying that you should use Alakazam And it's mega with Trevenant BREAK. Nah, do either Kyurem EX because he's easier to get into play, or do a gengar deck from BREAKthrough which kills your opponent one shot if you retreat mega Alakazam and put up Gengar. THAT would be a good deck.

Cool card! I see lot's of play ahead with Alakazam and it's mega! Lugia and it's BREAK aren't that good though.. maybe a trick coin might help. And people are saying that you should use Alakazam And it's mega with Trevenant BREAK. Nah, do either Kyurem EX because he's easier to get into play, or do a gengar deck from BREAKthrough which kills your opponent one shot if you retreat mega Alakazam and put up Gengar. THAT would be a good deck.
I disagree with literally everything you said. Trick Coin wouldn't help Lugia in any way whatsoever because it doesn't use coin flips. Kyurem EX is a bad idea because then you have to run two different energy types, and you wouldn't be able to accelerate to Kyurem making you need THREE TURNS to set it up, and you wouldn't get the advantage of Item lock that Trevenant gives you. Trevenant also uses the same type of energy as Alakazam and can attack for one energy with Dimension Valley in play. A Gengar deck would also not be a good idea, because having to set up a mega and a stage two just to knock out one Pokémon only to have your opponent knock out your stage two next turn is just not a good strategy. You'll get outsped and overwhelmed by other decks in the format. Trevenant is different because the Item lock slows your opponent down and Alakazam and Trevenant can both take Knockouts for you without having to retreat between them.

And what about M Alakazam EX/Noivern? It can be accelerated usign DDE, it use [P] energy and does the same 30 damage than Kyurem EX

I wonder if we'll get some BREAK-specific items/supporters this time around.
Also, it bothers me a bit that Lugia BREAK, a basic BREAK, has more HP than Florges BREAK, a stage 2 BREAK (that takes a lot longer + more draw "luck" to play).

And what about M Alakazam EX/Noivern? It can be accelerated usign DDE, it use [P] energy and does the same 30 damage than Kyurem EX
that could work with a line of 3-3-1 noivern BREAK if your opponent sets up too quickly and you cant retaliate. no one can really say for sure though until it comes out what will work. i do agree, the artwork is beautiful. cant wait to see the fullart.

I am highly, highly skeptical of the Alakazam EX ability. When in Pokemon have you ever seen a pre-evo with an ability that activated when it's evolved? Never, because it makes no sense logically in game. It's always on the evolution card. It also seems insanely overpowered for just evolving. I could see it having something to do with searching for M Alakazam EX, maybe when it has 3 or more damage counters or something like that. I remember a few Alakzam lines having attacks or traits that allow them to evolve quicker. Looks interesting and excited to see the full translation!
When in Pokemon have you seen an attack that doubled the damage on Everything?

Back