Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

if the alakazam's attack is what evereyone is commenting (30 to everything with energy) than it might be not bad. if you use the ability twice , use the attack twice, (two turns) and then mega evolve into the mega and attack, you deal 210, so it might see some playing.

Awesome arts for the Alakazam cards. Lugia looks nice too...
Mega Alakazam has potential... With bats, dimension valley, other stuff, doing a ton of damage for 1 psychic energy...
Regular Lugia is ok, the BREAK not so much... I was actually hoping the BREAK would have Elemental Blast again and do 200 damage... at least, they're colorless, so they can be splashed on most decks...

First off these cards look awesome and I personally am so happy to see Alakazam back in the TCG after so long! Regarding playability I think its difficult to say without knowing exact translations but I think Alakazam could have some potential in there, especially as we arent 100% sure what it does yet!

Lugia is pretty much a compete reprint of Gold Breaker Bouffalant from Dragons Exalted which is interesting. That saw some play back in the day and with the HP buff and an okay attack for finishing something off it could see some play, but I think the BREAK may just be too slow to be an archetype in itself. I can definitely see Lugia being splashed in here and there to an extent!

I love the art on M Alazakam-EX, but I'm not sure it's any better than M Tyranitar-EX was, as they share a similar concept to their attacks. The new Lugia is sweet, although Lugia BREAK seems mediocre at best. Can't wait to see what Zygarde-EX does.
Alakazam is more similar to wobbuffet (Phantom Forces). Both attacks cost (P)(C) and do 10+ more damage per damage counter except Alakazam does 30 more per counter and Wobb does 10 more per counter.

Alakazam/Bats/Possibly Wobb still for the ability lock or backup is going to be good. Depending on rotation we may not have Dimension Valley anymore, but seeing as this set is called "Awakening of Psychic Kings" we could see more or better Psychic support, and possibly a reprint of Dimension Valley.

M Alakazam looks awesome. Lugia not so much.

Trying to think how best to use M Alakazam. If only Dusknoir was still around - Spinda would be an awesome partner.

I thought Lugia BREAK was supposed to bring balance to the war? If it didn't discard 2 energy, it still wouldn't be better than alternatives, but with discard it's just awful. It's not like it's super easy to accelerate colorless.

Maybe this is a sign that the set will have some good energy acceleration for non-Basics.

Alakazam Ex and M Alakazam Ex indeed looks viable with Bats and all the psychic support available at the moment.

Is Lugia the first Basic Break? If that is true than Paired with Mega Man and Max elixir, I don't think the break evolution will be that bad. I think it would be a stage 1 with 150 hp + a -20 resistance to attacks. And then with a muscle band attached to it there is a lot of OHKO potential. I guess I'm thinking prize card exchange.

Gosh, can you imagine a Yveltal basic break? Oh boy...Oh boy!

why u guys r thinking lugia break is not a good pokemon? it's a non ex pokemon with 150hp+20(ability), I think it'll be good with bronzong and zoroark.

I just noticed, if Alakazam's ability is right, that mean you can use it with Absol (ROS) turn 2 for a OHKO on nearly anything. That's pretty awesome.

aahahaha they actually reprinted Gold Breaker Bouffalant that now needs to be active for the reduced damage.

ahahah the absolute madmen!

Back