Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

All Night Party's better because it heals.
To a point I agree, but it wouldn't hurt to have both in my deck.
*Currently I use ANP and if I know my attack wont kill the enemy pokemon, I use Delinquent to discard it before I attack (but after I wake up Darkrai).

Maybe MAYBE Burn was not included into the Stadium not because they want to erase the condition from the game, but BUT instead, because we're getting a super amazing OP burn card, and they want it to be superior to all the other conditions. That's possible, right guys? Right....?

So the Devolution Spray is reprinted... Maybe this will be a great way to bring Forretress back into the forefront for spread damage in standard!

SUPER PIG! Taking flithy nightmarchers off the street 1 Jotlik at a time.

I think Grumpig will be relevant, I'd probably drop a 2-2 or 3-3 line in a Alakazam/Bats/Wobbuffet deck. In addition to killing off Joltiks, this is a deck that does damage based of damage counters, so pulling something weak up and placing 3 damage counters on it is pretty good for this deck. And then with Mystic Energy or Float Stone i can put Piggy back on the bench and start swinging my spoons around on the current active or Lysandre the newly damaged Pokemon out.

Also Chaos Town is all the confirmation we need that burn is being phased out.

Yeah, I miss the time when we had Heatran Lv. X and similar cards to buff the Burn condition... oh well...

Anyway, this is the second Garchomp-EX promo they make... yet still no Mega... I'm betting the Mega is going to be a promo too as this EX is from the Mega Battle pack and that is what happened to Blaziken/Swampert-EX and Mega Blaziken/Swampert-EX last year...
If they're actually saving Mega Garchomp for a main set, this is doubly stupid as the set will also have a regular Garchomp-EX and the promos are irrelevant (in the same way as Gallade).
Whatever the case is, the first Garchomp-EX promo was unnecessary.

edit: Zygarde showing its "Allmightiness" and BREAKing (lol) the 180 HP barrier of regular EXs... There better be a Full Art in the deck or in the set.

Last edited:
Update: We now have large images of the booster box, booster pack, and Zygarde deck. The booster box’s side reveals the artwork for Moltres and Zygarde 10%.

So no one noticed zygarde 100% with 190 HP???

Mew/mandibuzz break/alakazam lines/bats/ DValley
It isn't a bad combination tho
You can use d valley and mew to use mandibuzz's destruction wing for free .otherwise trevenant break well imo using trevenant has its own cons and pros like with mandibuzz you can remove all tools which isnt bad . And with trevenant you can block item card so i will think for 1-1-1 line of both in a alakazam deck

Last edited by a moderator:
This Mandibuzz BREAK is useless as heck. Also, the more I watch Alakazam-EX's artwork, the more I love it!

By the time the set is released I think M Alakazam will be very playable, they will make this one work. It's been a long time since we have seen an Alakazam card, it better be awesome :) I like it when a card doesn't seem that awesome at first but still has a big impact, I am hoping for this scenario.

I like how Mandibuzz BREAK looks. Will be a nice one to add to my collection.

Magma Base, bro.
Yea... I thought they might make a better one though. Maybe along the lines of 'once per turn discard up to three cards from your hand and place that many damage counters on your opponents pokemon' that would be pretty nice and make this really cool card even cooler. But for now, we just have dimension Valley and magma base to help grandpa...

Wow, Grumpig is clearly meant to beat up on Joltik. If only there was a way to also beat Pumpkaboo ...

1454323676-41586500.jpg

It is not useless by any means the attack cost is less and is powerful discarding tools is really important in some cases

Last edited by a moderator:
Devolution spray will be awesome. I was looking for something to pair with aegislash from breakpoint and now know that's forretress.

It seems as if the Wigglytuff line and Exploud line will make an appearance in this set as well, as they are featured in Grumpig's artwork with Minccino.

Actually, grumpig has another nasty use: Shaymin EX. You don't want those damaged and on your bench.

Back