Is there alien life?

Do you believe in alien life?

• Total voters
The ultimate soul silver fan said:
If we are alive here, there has to be someone else out there.
Well actually there is a theory that is based in the same idea, and it si based in the fact that if life exist here why should it not in other places and many planets have life, it is called something like the mediocrity theory(i am not sure).
There exist another theory that says that the Earth is special and there does not exist a planet like this one.
But even then there could exist life, but not exactlyone that can produce technology to communicate with us

Why should we be self centered and say that we are the only life in the universe? XP I'm sure that other planets are capable of containing life, but maybe they are on a different light spectrum and we just can't see them? There are many possibilities to as why we have not seen other life in space. In my mind, I see the Universe as something that grows as more life is made. Seeing how big the Universe is, there must be a lot of life out there. OR it's so big so that when planets die out and no longer contain life, there is always room for life to choose where it shall go. :p

There is definitly life out there. Intelligent? Maybe. Intelligent enough to figure out how to reach us? I don't think so. For an intelligent race of aliens, it would take millions and millions of years for them to develop technology to reach earth. By then i would guess a giant asteroid would destroy the planet, or their star would go supernova and their entire species would be destroyed and the cycle would start over. So technically what i'm saying is There might be intelligent beings out there. But i highly doubt the capability of them reaching earth...

Empoleon#1 said:
Well actually there is a theory that is based in the same idea, and it si based in the fact that if life exist here why should it not in other places and many planets have life, it is called something like the mediocrity theory(i am not sure).
There exist another theory that says that the Earth is special and there does not exist a planet like this one.
But even then there could exist life, but not exactlyone that can produce technology to communicate with us
But there are also theories that state the only reason Earth supports higher life is because of the Moon and Jupiter.

Life can live wherever it wants to, just today I read something about complex (multicellular) life existed one and a half billion years before scientists previously thought. I remember reading something a while ago about shrimp living under the north Atlantic ice or something to that effect. We like to think we know things, but it just goes to show you that we know nothing at all... and that science is basically nothing but theories.

Giuseppe said:
Life can live wherever it wants to, just today I read something about complex (multicellular) life existed one and a half billion years before scientists previously thought. I remember reading something a while ago about shrimp living under the north Atlantic ice or something to that effect. We like to think we know things, but it just goes to show you that we know nothing at all... and that science is basically nothing but theories.
This is true but the life forms that would develop will probably be completely different to what we usually know as life.
There was also a meteor that some said it had a mciroorganism
And yes you are also right on that, we do not know nothing at all
because you obtain an answer but you get one or more questions

THESOYBLEH said:
There is definitly life out there. Intelligent? Maybe. Intelligent enough to figure out how to reach us? I don't think so. For an intelligent race of aliens, it would take millions and millions of years for them to develop technology to reach earth. By then i would guess a giant asteroid would destroy the planet, or their star would go supernova and their entire species would be destroyed and the cycle would start over. So technically what i'm saying is There might be intelligent beings out there. But i highly doubt the capability of them reaching earth...

This. I doubt "Aliens" will ever find us, I bet there are some life forms, but nothing like humans. The chances that a species could evolve into something as intelligent as humans are really small.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19005-hints-of-life-found-on-saturn-moon.html

hardly proof, but interesting. If life (even that simple) can be found on Saturn's moon, then why not somewhere else?

Back