Is there alien life?

Do you believe in alien life?

• Total voters
Life is noticeable on earth from anything close enough to see the green mass of plants covering alot of the planet.

Earth-From-The-Moon-1-1024x768.jpg

Good luck with that.

That's from our very own moon, which is VERY VERY VERY close by compared to anything inside our solar system, let alone outside. I'm sorry, but life is far from noticeable here. And that's if you even know where to look...

Seeing as life on earth is possible in places where there's never light, or places where there is barely any water, or where it's −40 °C. I think it would be save to say that somewhere in this huge universe, there are a couple of other planets where life is possible.

I don't think that life on other planets will be similar to life on earth. All animals on our planet have common ancestors. I think it would be unlikely for evolution to have taken the exact same course in a completely different environment.

^yeah, I mean, look at all of the Carbon-based life forms just HERE! Things with no legs, 2 legs, 4 legs, plants, fish, etc...If things we find on other planets that AREN'T carbon-based, then they won't look like anything on earth at all. (Helium based makes 'em float away probably... wheee! :p.) And some 7th graders just found a hole in Mars or something, so that could lead to aliens or something, but I doubt that aliens would be that close.

Yeah I was reading upon that. Some 7th graders in California have found a cave that is largely big on Mars. I doubt that aliens might not be living there, but it could we might find something inside of it if rovers check it out.

There has to be alien life somewhere out there (over the rainbow lol) even if its not close or even in our remote portion of the galaxy

I believe there is none and that the universe is not nearly as big is it seems.

superfoof said:
I believe there is none and that the universe is not nearly as big is it seems.
How big do you think it is, then?

Because I could show you pictures of quite a few galaxies, a lot of them bigger than our own Milky Way, each containing billions, to even trillions of stars. That seems like enough stars for there to be a possibility of life elsewhere.

thank u it is very likely and considerin all the people sayin they have seen ufos u dont know if it is tru or not but it increases every year

It's highly posible. You know that the first virus came from a meteorite, so that helps prove it a bit. But then again viruses aren't alive.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
How big do you think it is, then?

Because I could show you pictures of quite a few galaxies, a lot of them bigger than our own Milky Way, each containing billions, to even trillions of stars. That seems like enough stars for there to be a possibility of life elsewhere.
I think seeing and existing are 2 diffrent things.

superfoof said:
I think seeing and existing are 2 diffrent things.
So are you saying all the galaxies we see are illusions? Or is all of this some weird elaborate conspiracy?

And how do you determine what's real and what's not when you can't use your senses? Should we just assume nothing is real?

superfoof said:
I'm just guessing, when did I say I was right lol
._.

I assume that what you're posting is what you actually believe, and you've said you don't trust at least one of your senses, so I'm commenting on that.
Anyhow, that honestly has to be one of the weirdest ways to avoid scrutiny I have ever seen...

That face is epic lol
My theory is based on God (ima catholic) I believe he only made the universe as big as it needs to be.

superfoof said:
That face is epic lol
My theory is based on God (ima catholic) I believe he only made the universe as big as it needs to be.
Then how do you explain the fact that we do see galaxies millions to billions of lightyears away? A deliberately deceiving God or does the universe really have to be that big?
Honestly, wouldn't it be more logical to start from evidence and then form a conclusion based on said evidence than the other way around, as you seem to be doing?

I mean, you're basically denying reality here in favour of something which is supposed to explain reality, where's the logic in that?

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Then how do you explain the fact that we do see galaxies millions to billions of lightyears away? A deliberately deceiving God or does the universe really have to be that big?
Honestly, wouldn't it be more logical to start from evidence and then form a conclusion based on said evidence than the other way around, as you seem to be doing?

I mean, you're basically denying reality here in favour of something which is supposed to explain reality, where's the logic in that?
lol who said I used logic, all in all I know that if God says theres life theres life.

Back