Is there alien life?

Do you believe in alien life?

• Total voters

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
So, do you beleive in alien life? Would it be like that on earth, or completely exotic creatures? Would we come across robots that overtook their creators? Will humans receive contact from them while you are alive? Or is our planet just a freak of nature? Is Pokémon based on true facts? All very big questions.

I beleive that somewhere out there there has to be - the universe is massive, expanding at an ever increasing rate, and there must be a planet like earth somewhere out there. I'm not sure that we will encounter them during my life, but its not impossible. I would think that they would be like that on earth, with two eyes and a mouth, as most beings on this planet have.

What do you think?

You'd have to be a complete science-disregarding buffoon to think that Earth is the only corner of our vast universe containing life.

Yes, there probubly is somehting out there. What did the first life on earth evolve from? So, thats explanation enough. Anyway, I think there is. The face on Mars thing is porbubly a hoax. But I belive in things that re documented. Not like myth's that can be just rock formations.

I really think there is life in other planets i do not know if someone has ever stumbled upon Drakes equation while it is not really exact, also there are some very interesting alien videos when you look in youtube and type Alien in Panama i think this could be a type i also think that there are many different aliens some could be animals,floating beings, heavy being i read that from a National Geographic Book, also Stephen Hawking sent to outer space a signal with"across the universe" by the Beatles i bet the aliens are happy.
Also during school time a friend of mine said he saw a UFO during school hours, it is really interesting

While we haven't found anything as of yet to support the idea that life can exist elsewhere in the universe, I like to believe that we aren't alone. Furthermore, people need to keep in mind that, if we do one day find life elsewhere, it doesn't exactly have to be intellegent like humans are, it just has to be alive. For instance, I remember watching a couple documentaries where scientists were speculating that we didn't have to even leave the solar system to find extraterrestrial life and it could be as close as Jupiter's moon Europa (which they think has a liquid water ocean underneath its icy surface, following the idea where there's water there may be life). Also, it's speculated that, at one point in its history, Mars was capable of supporting life; so, there's also the possibility we may find fossils there and proof that life did exist somewhere else even if we don't find living creatures.

I think that there is alien life somewhere in the universe. The universe is expanding and there might be a possibility for aliens to be living on different planets that humans haven't spotted yet. Aliens might be living probably too far away from us for us to even know their existence. I believe that one day we will spot some life on different planets and we might as well try sending rovers to that planet where there might be life. Though there might be a possibility that contacting aliens is the wrong idea. If we really think about it we might be doing the wrong thing by calling them onto this Earth, we might also might be in danger. Aliens might come to Earth and they might take over. If they do have "greater" technology then us then they might possibly have the upper-hand at defeating out military. Finding microbes or bacteria on other planets might be safe, but contacting a possible fleet of aliens is another story. I really do thing that we have been visited by aliens, somewhere in time. Scientists are trying to find water on other planets that might support possible bacteria or small organisms in the water. I think soon we will find the answer of the question: "Are we alone?" or "Is there alien life?" One way for us to find out is if we have the right technology for long distance traveling in outer space. Also if they do spot alien life on a planet far away from us then they have to build a space ship that has great speed. Once they have the right technology I think that they might think about sending humans to that planet and making contact with the aliens. The universe is growing and I believe once we have found life and we contact them we might have a possibility to move out into space. We might have had aliens come to us before, like sightings of UFOs. If the UFOs that actually do visit us contain "aliens" in them, then we should at least try to send military planes and take close up pictures if the UFO doesn't fly away. In conclusion I really do think there is a possibility of alien life somewhere out there in the Universe.

In theory, if the universe is infinite, then at some point alien life has to exist. It's like the infinite number of monkeys thing.

If our universe is NOT infinite, than there's a chance that alien life doesn't exist, but it doesn't seem likely given the vast size of the known universe.

I think it is IMPOSSIBLE that Earth is the only planet that ever sustained or ever will sustain life. In fact, I'm pretty sure aliens have visited us before, because just like us, they are curious and looking for other life out there. They just have better technology to explore distant space and might live very far away. One question I wonder though is that if aliens have visited us (and I'm pretty positive they have), then are they all one race from one planet, different races from the same planet, or have several planets visited us and do the different visitors know of each other?

Ahh, but do they have better technology? There is absolutely no way to tell, and it is very possible that we are the most advanced planet in teh universe.

Yaywalter said:
You'd have to be a complete science-disregarding buffoon to think that Earth is the only corner of our vast universe containing life.

Amen. I truly do hope that lightsabers are real at some corner of this galaxy...ohcrudthatsspam.

We can't be alone. Our universe is humongous, and there are more planets and moons that we don't know about. They may be just as habitable as ours, but we don't know about 'em yet. We're human. We don't know everything yet.

Yes, there is definatly alien life. You would have to be a pretty ignorant person to believe we are the only planet with life on it.

People, can we stop saying that people are stupid if they don't beleive in it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and if it gets to a flaming war with people saying 'u dont beleive in it u r stupid' then I will quite hapily ask the mods to lock this thread (even though they don't take requests) as anywhere calling someone stupid is not something that I would like to have a part in creating.

Also, if you vote in the poll, explain to us why you chose that particular option in a post.

dmaster said:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=46348&pid=875600#pid875600

Yes I did some digging, but I'm lazy to post what I said around a year and a half ago. There's been way too many topics on this subject in the past few years on this.

dmaster out.

There was actually a thread on this maybe a month or two ago as well.

And what I have said there is still valid. To even think that the planet earth is the only planet with life forms on it is absolutely ignorant. Even to think that humans are the only intelligent life form as well. And I know me and spoon kinda got into a debate over whether or not they may have visited earth or not, well when you look at it this way, earth is still relatively young compared to alot of other planets in the universes. There could be planets with intelligent beings that have had a few million year jump start on us. I mean look how much technology has changed in the past 50 years alone, now take that into perspective if a civilization had thousands of years, even millions of years.

The chances of extraterrestrial life existing is really big, like Yaywalter said, for believing 'life' does only exist here on Earth you are required to be a willful ignorant person.

Ice Espeon said:
I would think that they would be like that on earth, with two eyes and a mouth, as most beings on this planet have.
Although the chances of extraterrestrial life having a mouth and 2 eyes is so highly unlikely, your argument does not make any sense at all. Do most of the organisms on this planet have 2 eyes and a mouth? From what I know less than 1% of every organism only have 2 eyes and a mouth in the sense you mean.

Also people, these extraterrestrial organisms, if we ever will encounter them, are not green, standing on two legs with large heads and big eyes.

Thinking that UFO's have visited Earth once is, in my opinion, like believing in fairy tales. I'm not even going to bother explaining why.

@Ice Espeon, btw. What if the evidence is clear enough, and people would still ignore it. Then, yes, we are allowed to call them willful ignorant. At least take in possibility that there might exist life in the universe apart from this planet.

I mean that many of the animals that we are used to (e.g. dogs, cats, deers etc) are like this. I completely agree that these aliens won't have massive eyes with scaly green skin. That is just the way that many people portray them to be like.

There is microbe life out there. Beyond that depends on whom you believe.

Ice Espeon said:
I mean that many of the animals that we are used to (e.g. dogs, cats, deers etc) are like this. I completely agree that these aliens won't have massive eyes with scaly green skin. That is just the way that many people portray them to be like.
Anyway explain to me, why do think these extraterrestrial lifeforms should have 2 eyes and a mouth just like we do?

Pokequaza said:
Thinking that UFO's have visited Earth once is, in my opinion, like believing in fairy tales. I'm not even going to bother explaining why.
Please do. I'm interested in your reasons.

Meaty said:
Please do. I'm interested in your reasons.
Yes I also am interested in his reasoning.

Pokequaza said:
Also people, these extraterrestrial organisms, if we ever will encounter them, are not green, standing on two legs with large heads and big eyes.
How do you know for sure? Have you seen one?

Back