XY Ideas for Future Pokémon Generations

Here is what my prediction for Gen 7 would be.

"Pokemon Alpha, Beta, and Gamma"

The starters could be
a Grass-type Koala (becomes Grass/Fairy when fully evolved) high Sp. Def.
a Fire-type Jaguar (becomes Fire/Dark when fully evolved) high Atk.
a Water-type Elephant (becomes Water/Steel when fully evolved) high HP.
Professor Pine gives you a choice, and later...

You also get your choice of one of the Johto starters (which will be able to Mega Evolve) between the first two gyms.

The evil team could be called Team Blitz, and will be based on rich "venture capitalists" The Solto region will, map shape-wise, be based on Russia.

Team Blitz, depending on which version you are playing, intend to oppress typical Pokemon and Trainers, in order to awaken one of three legendary Pokemon based on Egyptian mythology and plan on keeping all its power to themselves and take over the entire world, starting with Solto. Their leader's name is Nikolai, and his admins are Alexei and Anastasia.

The generic new Pokemon will be...

A Pangolin for the Bidoof-type Pokemon (Normal->Normal/Steel->Normal/Steel)

A Snowy Owl for an early-route bird (Normal/Flying->Normal/Flying->Ice/Flying)

An Earthworm for the early-route invertebrate (Bug/Ground for all three stages

Two fossils:

A Megatherium (Rock/Poison)
A Brontothere (Rock/Electric)

The "Pikachu Wannabe" will be Electric/Dark and based on a Ring-tailed lemur.

There also will be a Ground/Fairy Leopard Gecko Pokemon.

About Team Blitz...
In Alpha version, they will want to unleash Alnoomra, a Ground/Psychic Pokemon based on the Egyptian ram-like god Khnum, with horns making the shape of the Greek letter Alpha. This Pokemon has the ability Insomnia.

In Beta version, they want Beikhora, a Bug/Fire Pokemon based on the Egyptian scarab-like god Khepri, with large wings that glow with the shape of the Greek letter Beta. This Pokemon has the ability Steadfast.

In the "Third Game", Gamma, they will attempt to summon Gemmunra, a Fairy/Flying Pokemon based on the Egyptian falcon-like god Ra, with a symbol shaped like the Greek letter Gamma on its head holding a solar disc. This Pokemon has the ability Pressure.

The Gym Leaders will be in this order.

1. Fighting (named Carlos)
2. Water (named Walt)
3. Ghost (named Tanisha)
4. Fire (named Peggy)
5. Psychic (named Sarah)
6. Steel (named Jeremy)
7. Dragon (named Leroy)
8. Dark (named Denise)

Elite four (battle them in any order)

1. Travis (Grass)
2. Jorge (Ground)
3. Ferrell (Fairy)
4. Ariel (Flying)

The Champion's name will be Eric, who uses many-types, and has a Mega Ampharos.

Terra Force said:
Here is what my prediction for Gen 7 would be.

"Pokemon Alpha, Beta, and Gamma"

The starters could be
a Grass-type Koala (becomes Grass/Fairy when fully evolved) high Sp. Def.
a Fire-type Jaguar (becomes Fire/Dark when fully evolved) high Atk.
a Water-type Elephant (becomes Water/Steel when fully evolved) high HP.
Professor Pine gives you a choice, and later...

You also get your choice of one of the Johto starters (which will be able to Mega Evolve) between the first two gyms.

The evil team could be called Team Blitz, and will be based on rich "venture capitalists" The Solto region will, map shape-wise, be based on Russia.

Team Blitz, depending on which version you are playing, intend to oppress typical Pokemon and Trainers, in order to awaken one of three legendary Pokemon based on Egyptian mythology and plan on keeping all its power to themselves and take over the entire world, starting with Solto. Their leader's name is Nikolai, and his admins are Alexei and Anastasia.

The generic new Pokemon will be...

A Pangolin for the Bidoof-type Pokemon (Normal->Normal/Steel->Normal/Steel)

A Snowy Owl for an early-route bird (Normal/Flying->Normal/Flying->Ice/Flying)

An Earthworm for the early-route invertebrate (Bug/Ground for all three stages

Two fossils:

A Megatherium (Rock/Poison)
A Brontothere (Rock/Electric)

The "Pikachu Wannabe" will be Electric/Dark and based on a Ring-tailed lemur.

There also will be a Ground/Fairy Leopard Gecko Pokemon.

About Team Blitz...
In Alpha version, they will want to unleash Alnoomra, a Ground/Psychic Pokemon based on the Egyptian ram-like god Khnum, with horns making the shape of the Greek letter Alpha. This Pokemon has the ability Insomnia.

In Beta version, they want Beikhora, a Bug/Fire Pokemon based on the Egyptian scarab-like god Khepri, with large wings that glow with the shape of the Greek letter Beta. This Pokemon has the ability Steadfast.

In the "Third Game", Gamma, they will attempt to summon Gemmunra, a Fairy/Flying Pokemon based on the Egyptian falcon-like god Ra, with a symbol shaped like the Greek letter Gamma on its head holding a solar disc. This Pokemon has the ability Pressure.

The Gym Leaders will be in this order.

1. Fighting (named Carlos)
2. Water (named Walt)
3. Ghost (named Tanisha)
4. Fire (named Peggy)
5. Psychic (named Sarah)
6. Steel (named Jeremy)
7. Dragon (named Leroy)
8. Dark (named Denise)

1. Travis (Grass)
2. Jorge (Ground)
3. Ferrell (Fairy)
4. Ariel (Flying)

Holy crap, Genius.
This idea seems amazing! I don't think alpha beta and gamma fit It , but I think it will work. 1 more thing, replace Sarah the psychic with Paul the poison, that way we get a variety of uncommon gym types being used in gyms.
We should also get a variety of new type combo's such as a poison/fire type, maybe a radioactive dog that's playful and wants to cuddle you yet is deadly to anything it touches. I'd also really like a dragon/steel type that's not a legendary.

His Goominess said:
King Koop said:
Instead of a new region, I'd like to see a Pokemon game set in a different time period. I think it would be fascinating to see Pokemon in a world with medieval-level society and technology.

I'd love to see that, but I think it might do better as a spinoff.

Some ideas for the game:
-you're based in a medieval town with a castle; however you can go around throughout the land and catch Pokemon. I'd imagine there'd be a huge dark forest, a lake, and maybe a few smaller settlements and a few larger towns w/ castles
-instead of having one set journey as a trainer, you're initially a merchant, and then you can become either a medic, soldier, or train Pokemon for battles. All 3 are both available for either gender, but it's easier to become a soldier as a boy and a medic as a girl
-instead of catching a Pokemon, you need to find one and then try and convince the Pokemon it's worth staying with you
-instead of Gym battles, throughout the game there'd be attacks from the other towns; depending on your career choice you either attack with Pokemon upfront, heal Pokemon during battles or organize how the Pokemon attack
-when these attacks are won, you win the opponents castle, and then as you go through the ranks you get more towns; at the end you win the entire region
-however you would never actually become the king

of course the whole Pokemon battle thing wouldn't be graphic since it has to be kid friendly

edit: this could be a main series game, and then the other in the pair could be a futuristic based game. would still have a relatively similar storyline but set in the future. I'd actually like this to happen

So...an upgrade from that Pokémon crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition game!? I like your idea.

Terra Force said:

1. Travis (Grass)
2. Jorge (Ground)
3. Ferrell (Fairy)
4. Ariel (Flying)

Hell yeah!:D

Prince Dedenne said:
Some Pokémon that I would like to see in the future would be based off of:
- Flamingo
- Leopard
- a new type of tropical plant (like Victreebel)
- Mosquito
- I've always wanted a Toucan Pokémon (w/ 3-5 different forms that have different colors, maybe even different type combos based on their colors, w/ all being primary flying types)
- Wasp (I'm aware of Beedrill's existence, but it more resembles a bee, it's name and colors show)
- a human-like Pokémon that resembles a tropical tribal man
- a giant Legendary Pokémon that can blend into mountains/canyons

Allow me to disagree on that:
Leaf_Ranger said:
Btw, while not considering them bad, I can't understand the Combee line and Beedrill. To me, Beedrill always looked more like a wasp instead of a bee (mainly because of its head) and it has those wings that are alike the ones from a butterfly. Then you've got Combee which resembles a bee, has the word in its name but evolves into a wasp queen. I find them akward.
Leaf_Ranger said:
Ice Jackal said:
Beedrill indeed is more of a wasp than a bee. Vespiquen, however, isn't a wasp queen. It's a combination of a queen bee and a honeycomb. Bee queens are larger and more intimidating than bees.

Until today, I've always thought that Vespiquen was indeed based on a wasp because we already have Beedrill supposedly based on a bee and, while ignoring Combee's name hint, I trusted Vespiquen's english name and also because the wasps I see around my house build nests (now I know that they're likely to be paper wasps) ans so I thought that it was based on this same wasp. Now that I've learned of Vespiquen's japanese name, and thanks to your reply, ("Beequen") it all makes sense: Combee and Vespiquen (from now on every Vespiquen I caught will be named Beequen!) are indeed based on bees, honeycombs and queen bees, while Beedrill may be actually based on a wasp. So, in the end, the blame goes to the people who came up with the english names (in the case of Beedrill it may had been confusing since it's japanese name is only "Spear"). And here I was thinking that the connection between Vespiquen and honey was another akward thing from the franchise that wasn't supposed to make sense when in reality it makes all sense since bees produce honey.
It's true when people say that we're always learning!

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-which-pok%C3%A9mon-designs-don-t-you-like-why?page=3

I have an idea for all fossil Pokemon as starters. I sent my idea to a team working in the gen 7 thread, but never heard back so I don't think they'll be using it...

The professor would be Fern, and her lab specializes in restoring Pokemon fossils. It's so good, in fact, that they distribute restored fossil Pokemon to new trainers ready to set out for adventure.

For the grass type, we have a velociraptor Pokemon. Grass/Rock. Its big claws on its feet resemble large thorns and it has a few leaves on its forearms. The leaves are in place of feathers that were on the actual velociraptor dinosaur. As it evolves, it gains more leaves on its arms and its thorny claws get very large. It has high Attack and Speed. Special Attack > Special Defense > Defense > HP.

The fire starter is a stegosaurus. Fire/Rock Horrible typing against water, I know >.<. Its final evo's plates on its back will be engulfed in flames, as well as its spikes on its tail. It has flame patterns on its body. Its high stats are Defense and Special Defense. HP > Special Attack > Attack > Speed.

The water starter is an ichthyosaur. Water/Rock Same as above, but against grass. For those unfamiliar with this beast, it's basically a prehistoric killer dolphin with two sets of flippers and a shark-like tail. Its two main stats are HP and Special Attack. Speed > Defense > Attack > Special Defense.

Since these are the starters, and this lab specializes in giving these Pokemon out to trainers, maybe the Rock typing can be omitted, like they've figured out how to extract that type from fossil 'mons. I don't know, just something to make the fire and water starters not suck against their respective weaknesses.

I'll post more ideas later...

His Goominess said:
King Koop said:
Instead of a new region, I'd like to see a Pokemon game set in a different time period. I think it would be fascinating to see Pokemon in a world with medieval-level society and technology.

I'd love to see that, but I think it might do better as a spinoff.

Some ideas for the game:
-you're based in a medieval town with a castle; however you can go around throughout the land and catch Pokemon. I'd imagine there'd be a huge dark forest, a lake, and maybe a few smaller settlements and a few larger towns w/ castles
-instead of having one set journey as a trainer, you're initially a merchant, and then you can become either a medic, soldier, or train Pokemon for battles. All 3 are both available for either gender, but it's easier to become a soldier as a boy and a medic as a girl
-instead of catching a Pokemon, you need to find one and then try and convince the Pokemon it's worth staying with you
-instead of Gym battles, throughout the game there'd be attacks from the other towns; depending on your career choice you either attack with Pokemon upfront, heal Pokemon during battles or organize how the Pokemon attack
-when these attacks are won, you win the opponents castle, and then as you go through the ranks you get more towns; at the end you win the entire region
-however you would never actually become the king

of course the whole Pokemon battle thing wouldn't be graphic since it has to be kid friendly

edit: this could be a main series game, and then the other in the pair could be a futuristic based game. would still have a relatively similar storyline but set in the future. I'd actually like this to happen

I feel like that would be turned into more of a strategy game than a Pokemon game, but that's maybe the point. I love the idea of a medieval setting though. That's something I've always wanted. Humans would have much more help from Pokemon too because they wouldn't have the technology and stuff they have today.

Gyms:
Ground - Phanpy and ???
Poison - Skrelp and ???
Flying - Swellow, Fletchinder and ???
Psychic - Hypno, Elgyem and ???
Steel - Klang, Doublade, Magneton and ???
Dark - Zoroark, Malamar, Pangoro and ???
Fire - Darmanitan, Pyroar, Camerupt and ???
Ghost - Trevanent, Cofagrigus, Spiritomb and ???

E4:
Electric - Zebstrika, Eelektross, Heliolisk, ??? and ???
Rock - Barbaracle, Gigalith, Aggron, ??? and ???
Grass - Gourgeist, Leafeon, Breloom, ??? and ???
Fairy - Togekiss, Gardevoir, Azumarill, ??? and ???

Each GL will have a team of old gen Pokémon, bar their main Pokémon, which is a Gen VII Mon.
Each E4 member will have a team of 3 old gen mon and 2 Gen VII Mon.

On second thought, I think it would be good if the next gen GLs and E4 members had teams based on their faviourite shape/animal/object, instead of type.

I want to see a region based on my homestate of Virginia (the original state). Thinking of a name like Virgia. There could be cities based off of places like Richmond, Lexington, Roanoke/Roanoke River, Norfolk, Jamestown and etc...
And there could be places based off of geographical places of Va like The Appalachian Mountains, the Chesapeake Bay and Virginia beach, the Smith Mountain Lake, the Shenandoah Valley and etc...
There could be a bunch of new fighting,ground,rock and grass types, to name a few
The Gym leaders could be Ground,Fire,Water,Normal,Bug,Ice,Dark and Flying
Elite Four could be Fighting,Rock,Grass and Electric.
One type of pokemon I can think of could be a quill pen pokemon to represent something similar to the colonial documents (dark/normal type)

Blob55 said:
On second thought, I think it would be good if the next gen GLs and E4 members had teams based on their faviourite shape/animal/object, instead of type.

The problem with that is that there arent many pokemon based on the same animal/shape/object, the only ones id see working is probably birds, frogs, dogs and cats.

I think it'd be interesting if they did something like Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi as legendary mascots of one generation, the concepts behind both of them are amazing, Amaterasu the goddess of the sun, and Tsukiyomi the god of the moon, both have endless good design ideas! As well as some sort of country torn between the two Pokemon; one side are the rebels, who side with Tsukiyomi, and the other side is the government, who sides with Amaterasu, and all this starts over some complex scheme of the rebel leader's, or even Team Rocket's, I would think Team Rocket being behind it would be pretty cool, or heck even a combination of the two.

Spartan Sceptile said:
HoOhLugia said:
I love this idea, being born and currently living here. Do you live here? Because Australia has no volcanoes, and my twin sister and I have the same idea.

Yes I am an Australian citizen and I live in NSW, I do know Australia has no Volcanoes but it would be cool if there was like a secret volcano in the desert with like a fire/rock type legendary, it would be cool. I could see the Great barrier Reef also making it into the game as a post-game thing, the starting town would probably be somewhere in the middle of NSW, then you can head towards Sydney, go south to the ACT and Victoria then go on a boat to Tasmania where the Evil team is causing trouble.

I actually really LOVE that idea.

I do know Australia has no Volcanoes

There is actually an extinct volcano in Australia, and maybe when we get to that area, that Pokemon could Re-awaken the volcano?

Okay, here's my idea: instead of one continent, the game would take place in several little islands, which can be inspired by the United Kingdom, as it has several small islands nearby (just think about Scotland).This could be a nice inspiration for the Pokémon too. Here I'll show you some examples:

- A kelpie-inspired water horse
- A dragon-mermaid
- Goblin-like Pokémon which evolves intro a Troll/Giant Pokémon
- An orca
- A blind mining Pokémon
- An instrument trio

The islands would affect the gameplay too. Every island would have its protector (mascot), as according to the game's legend, they were once in a war and they were the "warriors" of their islands. The evil organization would want to catch these Pokémon and use them for crime and war. Your task is to visit as much island as possible, discover all the Pokémon, visit the Gym Trainers there, and so on. There would be 2 bigger islands in start, both of them with 4-4 Gym Leaders. The following would be the Gym Leaders type:

1st: Fairy
2nd: Fire
3rd: Poison
4th: Dark

5th: Ghost
6th: Fighting
7th: Psychic
8th: Grass

When you beat all of them (and the evil organization too), you'll have an access to the third island, which will contain the E4, all of them with a mixture of 2(!) types:

1th: Electric and/or Water
2nd: Normal and/or Flying
3rd: Bug and/or Steel
4th: Dragon and/or Ice
Champion: Competitive Team

And after that, you'll have an access to the third legendary, and the battle frontier (or something similar). HOWEVER, this is not the end.

After the release, there would be downloadable content of new islands, like Holon (with different sprite and type of original Pokémon), an island with alternate evolutions, and so on.

I wanna see a Pokemon Zoo in future games! I mean... safari's are close, but I want the animals to be all zoo related.

Obtainable Pokemon in Z

Doduo/Dodrio
Kangaskhan
Girafarig
Phanpy/Donphan
Mankey/Primeape
Tauros
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Poochyena/Mightyena
Chatot
Hippopotas/Hippowdon
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Vullaby/Mandibuzz
Rufflet/Braviary
Litleo/Pyroar
Pancham/Pangoro
Helioptile/Basilisk

Although a lot of them doesn't really do it for me since not all of them have that rare, jungle/mangrove/savannah look to them.

In Gen 7 if they do a safari/zoo like theme... I think I would like to see...

A taller Giraffe Pokemon or evolution for Girafarig.
A bigger elephant or evolution for Donphan (but it might kind of ruin Donhphan's looks like some Gen 4 evos)
A Peacock Pokemon
A Great Ape Pokemon
A Python/Great boa Pokemon
A bouncing Kangaroo
A Cheetah Pokemon
A Crazier looking Hyena Pokemon
A white tiger Pokemon
A rhino Pokemon (a BIG one that doesn't stand up on two feet)

This zoo should be like... the entrance is the display, and then the main part of the zoo, you walk around learning about the Pokemon but then you pay to play a game to catch them, whether they stick to the normal safari style where you can't battle with your own Pokemon and they run, which is especially dangerous for shiny Pokemon soooo I hope it's not that... Plus we're talking about lions and tigers so yea, I'd want to be able to battle them to catch them.

Now as cool as I imagine this to be, I don't really have any artwork in my mind if they would look good or not... I don't want them to look too much like actual animals... but I also don't want them to look like Liepard or Darmanitan which I really can't see inside a zoo.

Anyway. Discuss how you feel about this idea, or if you have a different idea, write what you want to see and how it would work.

My only suggestion, and not only for Z but from that game foward, is the return of secret bases, spreading across the entire region (not just in locations further down the quest) and with more options of decoration namely elemental objects and stuff and not just restricted to the 3 starters type.

About MrSquarepants suggestion...I don't tend to like zoos. Gaming wise the Safari zones and the zoo idea are just great ways of catching rare Pokémon but even so I like B2/W2's Nature Preserve more.

Oh I didn't know there was a thread dedicated to future games. Interesting...

Yea but I hate the idea of the Pokemon running away. Those 5% Chanseys in Gen 1 drove me crazy. Safari Zone in HGSS wasn't bad but I did not enjoy the building blocks and amount of time accrued. The Safari in DP was also annoying.

A zoo or aquarium would be cool but that's just me. :S

If they do go with that, I think they should allow you with one Pokémon and catch up to 5 per trip.

LOL I forgot about that, but see that's what I mean though, I can't imagine a Rhydon going about in a Zoo with the way it looks. I was thinking of a quadrupedal larger rhino. Rhyhorn's good enough though, I guess.

MrSquarepants said:
LOL I forgot about that, but see that's what I mean though, I can't imagine a Rhydon going about in a Zoo with the way it looks. I was thinking of a quadrupedal larger rhino. Rhyhorn's good enough though, I guess.

IDK, I mean we've seen Rhyhorn pop up in several Safari Zones in the past, so maybe it could show up in a zoo.

Also, who says a zoo has to be full of animals that live in typical "safari" environments? The zoo where I live has habitats based on forests, marshes, deserts, ice caps, and even farms. So a Pokemon zoo would probably have a variety of environments as well, in addition to the ones I mentioned, probably caves, seafloors, volcanoes, etc.

I moved this thread to the Video Games area, since the regions are part of the games! :)

Bolt the Cat said:
MrSquarepants said:

IDK, I mean we've seen Rhyhorn pop up in several Safari Zones in the past, so maybe it could show up in a zoo.

Also, who says a zoo has to be full of animals that live in typical "safari" environments? The zoo where I live has habitats based on forests, marshes, deserts, ice caps, and even farms. So a Pokemon zoo would probably have a variety of environments as well, in addition to the ones I mentioned, probably caves, seafloors, volcanoes, etc.

Now that's an interesting variety, I would like to visit that zoo of yours. The Franklin Park Zoo in Boston just has like animals of the Jungle and Savannah. If they make the new type of safari more immersive and deep than in HGSS, I want to have those kinds of environments.

Back