I pulled something cool from a booster pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The "I pulled something cool" topic.

Secret Pikachu said:
I just finished opening a case of six Dragons Exalted booster boxes. Here are my results!

Dragons Exalted Case – Summary

Box #1:

UR (5): FA Rayquaza EX, FA Mew EX, Mew EX, Registeel EX, Reuniclus
Notable: 2 Garbador, 2 Garchomp, 2 Hydreigon (1 RH), 1 Sigilyph

Box #2:

UR (2): FA Terrakion EX, Ho-Oh EX
Notable: 1 Altaria, 1 Garbador, 1 Hydreigon (RH)

Box #3:

UR (3): Rayquaza EX, Registeel EX, Rayquaza
Notable: 1 Garchomp, 1 Garbador, 1 Altaria, 1 Hydreigon (RH)

Box #4:

UR (4): FA Terrakion EX, FA Ho-Oh EX, Giratina EX, Terrakion EX
Notable: 1 Hydreigon, 1 Sigilyph, 2 Garchomp (1 RH), 1 Garbador (RH)

Box #5:

UR (4): FA Mew EX, Registeel EX, Ho-Oh EX, Giratina EX
Notable: 2 Hydreigon (1 RH), 1 Sigilyph, 1 Altaria, 1 Garbador (RH)

Box #6:

UR (2): Rayquaza EX, Ho-Oh EX
Notable: 2 Garbador, 2 Garchomp, 2 Hydreigon (1 RH), 1 Sigilyph

Total:

6 Full Art EX
12 Regular EX
2 Secret Rare

7 Garbador
5 Garchomp
7 Hydreigon
4 Sigilyph

Note: Four boxes had an EX card in one of the front two packs. Three boxes had the Ultra Rare cards all in one half of the box. One box had one Full Art EX card in each of the front two packs.
Is that the order that the boxes were in the case itself?
I'm splitting a case with my girlfriend, and I'm hoping if we split the case in the middle we will get a very similar amount of ultra rare's.

salmoncannon said:
Is that the order that the boxes were in the case itself?
I'm splitting a case with my girlfriend, and I'm hoping if we split the case in the middle we will get a very similar amount of ultra rare's.

You got a case as well? Can you please post your pulls information in a similar format?

Daelum said:
You got a case as well? Can you please post your pulls information in a similar format?

For sure. Might not open all 6 at once, but I will post the 4-5 that do get opened.

Why won't you open the 6th? I'm trying to gather pull rates per case so I'd really appreciate it if you opened all 6, but its your case so do what you please with it.
Also, can you keep track of how many sets you complete? Thanks :)

I was planning to save 1 for a rainy day, but we'll see how that goes when I have it in front of me :p
Either way, the case should be here by Friday hopefully, I'll post the pulls up after I get it all sorted.

Got 5 packs from my local comic shop. Didn't pick and choose. Pretty much got whatever the first 5 packs were.

-Registeel ex
-Gothitelle
-Rayquaza ex FA
-Shedinja
-Magmortar

Pretty awesome! I've never pulled a FA before so this was truly special. I was doing the whole "card trick" and so when my finger brushed along those patterns on the FA my heart sank alright. Did not expect that. Especially after pulling an ex already in my first pack. Suddenly I want to go back and buy more packs from that box. Surely that box contains more than two ex if I got them so quickly...

ForeignDude said:
Got 5 packs from my local comic shop. Didn't pick and choose. Pretty much got whatever the first 5 packs were.

-Registeel ex
-Gothitelle
-Rayquaza ex FA
-Shedinja
-Magmortar

Pretty awesome! I've never pulled a FA before so this was truly special. I was doing the whole "card trick" and so when my finger brushed along those patterns on the FA my heart sank alright. Did not expect that. Especially after pulling an ex already in my first pack. Suddenly I want to go back and buy more packs from that box. Surely that box contains more than two ex if I got them so quickly...

I would stick with what you have :p. I have opened a few DRX boxes that had a couple of EX cards in the front area of the box and that was it in terms of Ultra Rare cards in the box.

Most of my boxes had an EX card in the front two packs so I went to my local card shop today and bought five packs from the front of the box, however I pulled nothing notable.

Secret Pikachu said:
I would stick with what you have :p. I have opened a few DRX boxes that had a couple of EX cards in the front area of the box and that was it in terms of Ultra Rare cards in the box.

Most of my boxes had an EX card in the front two packs so I went to my local card shop today and bought five packs from the front of the box, however I pulled nothing notable.

Great observation!

Next week I will definitely hit up the local comic store and pick up some packs from the front of the box. I need to get more card supplies anyway because I've acquired so many commons with nowhere to store them.

SoulWind said:
Great observation!

Next week I will definitely hit up the local comic store and pick up some packs from the front of the box. I need to get more card supplies anyway because I've acquired so many commons with nowhere to store them.

Thank you! :p

In at least four of the seven boxes that I opened, there was an Ultra Rare in a front pack. One box actually had one FA in each of the two front packs. I think that two more boxes had an FA in the front and one had a regular EX. I don't remember much about the other three boxes aside from one of them having two EXs (one FA, one regular) within the first six packs on one side.

Keep in mind that this is such a small sample :p. It would be nice to know what the pulls were like for a larger amount of boxes. Let me know how your pulls at the comic store go SoulWind! :D

Secret Pikachu said:

You're right. I've been blessed with bad luck ever since D/P came out so I think it's best I not fool around. I'll give some other shops a shot during the weekend if possible.

ForeignDude said:
You're right. I've been blessed with bad luck ever since D/P came out so I think it's best I not fool around. I'll give some other shops a shot during the weekend if possible.

Sounds good! I would still like to find some more boxes from which to pull a few packs from the front :p. Unfortunately I think there is only one store in my city that sells booster boxes.

Secret Pikachu said:

I picked my packs from the front when I got SR Rayquaza. It came out of the 5th pack on the right side .

When I opened my box my Ho-oH EX FA was in the second pack to the front on the right side.

Gistica said:
When I opened my box my Ho-oH EX FA was in the second pack to the front on the right side.
We have come to a conclusion that the right side is luckier than the left

Just got a pack from the front right side of the box. (Seems to be a common EX Spot)
Regular Bouffalant (Not that important, but nice)
Reverse Ninjask (See above)
HO-OH EX REGULAR

This is only my second EX Pull so pretty happy.

So, today I received in the mail the two "Pokemon Card Game Best Wishes! Special Packs" that I ordered. The site was out of stock on the Reshiram ones at the time, so I got 2 of the Zekrom ones. Each one came with a promo FA Zekrom EX and a total of 8 packs: 3 Red Collection, 1 Hail Blizzard, 3 Dark Rush, and 1 Dragon Blast. And I got some AWESOME pulls:

2 promo Zekrom EX FA (obvious pull is obvious)
Terrakion EX
Shiny Archeops
Shiny Chandelure

And the following rares: Terrakion, Landorous, Eelektross, Hydreigon, Venusaur, Blaziken, and Volcarona. :3

Now that the Reshiram versions are pack in stock, I ordered 2 of those to come with my Plasma Gale boxes. I can only hope for awesome pulls again. >_>

So as you may know, TPCi really just destroyed the ratios in Dragons Exalted boxes. I've heard of some boxes having as little as 2 EXs, and some having as many as 4. It's been completely random. So my friend and I decide to split a box at our league's store. We pull not 3, not 4, but a total of 6 EXs in one box, two of them being full art. The EXs were Registeel FA, Giratina FA, non-FA Giratina, Rayquaza, Terrakion and Ho-Oh. We also pulled a reverse Hydreigon (the good one.) We didn't get any shinies, but besides that the only thing we didn't get in that box was Mew EX, good Garchomp and Altaria. Still, I can't complain. We basically got two boxes' worth. I paid for half a box and got what many people have been getting in a whole box.

Oh, and if you're wondering, I do believe one of the packs in the front had an EX in our box as well.

*Just a note to add to the front pack theory*

I have always had one EX in either the front two packs or the back two. :p

Oh, yeah, my Mew EX was in the first pack on the right of my box. This is the first time that's happened to me, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back