Hurricane Sandy

For the first time ever, New York's world-famous Broadway is now completely deserted, which means this Hurricane Sandy stuff is some serious chizz. Luckily, I live in Ohio, so we'll only be getting a minor portion of Sandy. On the bright side, a LOT of funny memes have popped up due to its name.

Also, I REALLY need to start posting on PokeBeach more often. I've been gone WAY too long.

Well I was going to go ride my horse.... But I got to the barn and the double doors almost broke inwards.

Anyways, Up by Toronto, ON we have power and stuff, but it's quite windy by our standards, and pouring rain.

Seriously, no one here is calling it Frakenstorm?

It's like an awesome name.

Much better then this Sandy stuff.

I've been pretty much laughing the affair the entire day. We have off school for two days.

Nothing minor even happened until at least 5PM.

ooooh, scaaary hurricane, ooooooh

(this is coming from NEPA, BTW)

Vulpix Yolk said:
Meatheart said:
Where I am it's just cold...
If you actually think it's cold right now...

It's cold but it's not really bothering me much.
I really hope that the hurricane doesn't kill anyone, we need more of the East Coast to be alive still.

The name "Frankenstorm" is a terrible name.

It only adds to our society's terrible malformation of Mary Shelley's work

I heard about this hurricane, but I don´t know too much about it. Sounds like a serious one.
I hope no one gets hurt. :/

I'm in my basement now.
our power is not out yet.
and I can barely type this thing

We are getting some serious gusts of up to 70 mpj
Mph
Argh!
I need to be able to access my computer.
The hurricane ripped out some cords to our internet provider so now. I,m usi ng
Wireless.

Good thing I live up on the West Coast. However we did have a 7.7 Earthquake just the other night...we didn't feel it though because it didn't hit our area luckily. More up North.

I'm fine too with Sandy, I have Power still, but around my area, there was some downed Trees and some Debris

Still out of power :( Luckily the storm left my area and it isn't raining anymore though. But I'm still out of power :(

We got snow in Ohio, but no ice, and the power is still on. However, the temperature is really low, and it's really windy. More than likely a small storm that came of Sandy.

I live in Pa and the storm didnt take out my electric, which is awesome cuz I can still play my Xbox :p

imgres

Meatheart said:
Vulpix Yolk said:
If you actually think it's cold right now...

It's cold but it's not really bothering me much.
I really hope that the hurricane doesn't kill anyone, we need more of the East Coast to be alive still.
Let see. Hurricane/ post hurricane was 1100 miles wide. It killed 44+ people confirmed so far. Barometric pressure in new Jersey dropped to a record low. Over 8 million without power in NYC alone. NYC got buried under 13" of water inundating the sewer, subway system and the underground section of the power grid with corrosive salt water. Maine to north Carolina are powerless. There's one ship lost at sea.
A fire engulfed a whole neighborhood. Stock exchange has shut down along with 3 nuclear reactors shut down. At landfall in new jersey debris killed a woman in Toronto. Rooftop water rescues. Snowfall in atleast 4 states. Blizzard condition in atleast 2 of them. Levee breach.
I think that covers that this storm was something.

Whoa!! This storm is seriously seriously TRAGIC! :angry

I can't believe so many people died, and are getting seriously injured. Along with all the blizzards, fires, and other disasters. Darn. Isn't there anything we could do to help?

Back