Hurricane Sandy

Nengeni

Aspiring Trainer
I'm from Orangeville, but is anyone living near to the storm? If so, talk about it.

Is anyone else worried? I mean, to my knowledge, the US stock markets were closed... That hasn't happened since 9/11/01.

Discuss.

I live in MD, it has slowly gotten worse. have to sleep in the basement.

NYC up in here

Storms just making its way over here. Power's out in a majority of the place, crane's have been thrown off buildings, lots of fun.

Worst of it is supposed to be here tonight.

Oh did that crane actually fall? I saw it hanging, but wow. Are you on a laptop in your basement? Anything else and you might not be online tomorrow! :p

If New York gets wiped out maybe Kansas will be the new economic center of the U.S. and everything will go downhill from there.
Mmmmmmmm punk rock ideals mmmhmmm yeah rebellious mmmmmhmmmmm aww yeah
On the real though, it sounds really scary. Has it already hit places? I haven't been watching the news so I have no clue.

upstate NY here. I feel fairly confident in the safety of my modern apartment complex but jesus it's crazy out there. not leaving my building until Wednesday I think >.<

Nengeni said:
Oh did that crane actually fall? I saw it hanging, but wow. Are you on a laptop in your basement? Anything else and you might not be online tomorrow! :p

I will be soon.

^I'm doing that too.
We are getting gusts of 70 mph here.
It's POURING.
My friend's basement flooded.
We duck-taped the back door.
The wind literally "picked" me up when I was outside.
The wind bent a tree in half.
I've seen some uprooted baby trees.
This place is a madhouse.

My house is pretty safe at the moment, a bit too close to the evacuation zones for comfort, but what're you gonna do amiright?

Public transportation is closed until further notice, schools have been closed today/tomorrow (private schools are closed till Friday from what I know). Pretty much everyone's just hunkered down at home at the moment haha.

In northern VA and I can hear the wind howling outside and when I was outside the wind blew my umbrella away :( On the bright side though I don't have school today or tomorrow.

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of jealous of you guys, the ones that are nice and cozy atleast. Where I am it's just cold...

QWERTY DITTO said:
You're jealous of people who will probably loose power for days? I'm jealous of where you are!

I could seriously do without power. I need to get off this danged computer and do something. Mostly the reason I'm jealous is because during natural disasters, thunderstorms where you lose power, and that type of thing, there seems to be a sense of community that's kind of neat. Iunno, that's just my experience with that type of thing. I also just really really love rain.

yeah nothing here in Kentucky

soo

084.png

tumblr_mcl7p636RO1qml3two1_500.png

yeah

Meatheart said:
Mostly the reason I'm jealous is because during natural disasters, thunderstorms where you lose power, and that type of thing, there seems to be a sense of community that's kind of neat.
most of us don't really get that.

Meatheart said:
Where I am it's just cold...

If you actually think it's cold right now...

Yeah, obviously I won't be experiencing any hurricanes here in New Mexico anytime soon. My heart goes out to everyone this hurricane will impact. Hope you east coast members are all okay.

I'm the first one in my area to have the power go out because a humongous tree fell on our power line (yes, just ours).

There's about 6 trees outside my house that are likely going to fall. Better hope they fall away from my house :/.

Conditions are starting to get bad here....

The mountains west of us will be getting up to a foot of snow.

Back