Hurricane Sandy

I'm from Louisiana and everyone here is just like "lolol join the club, northerners!"

But yeah, the storm is pretty much dead now. Hoping and praying that people stay safe.

Puff said:
Hurricane Sandy.
7.7 Earthquake.
Blizzards.
Fires.
Tsunamis.
The Mayans were right o_O

the crazy weather is due to climate change. the earthquakes are due to earthquakes.

our forest looks more like a field now, not much power and a tree landed on our house

^no^

It paralleled the east coast after existing Cuba ( leaving 65+ dead in Cuba and Haiti) and made landfall near Atlantic city NJ. The storm wasn't nearly as wide then but it was still large enough to leave Florida with some flooding and major coastal erosion.

PumpedAaron said:

I can't believe so many people died, and are getting seriously injured. Along with all the blizzards, fires, and other disasters. Darn. Isn't there anything we could do to help?
44 people iirc. It could have been much worse.

For MD/VA:
[img=350x300]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/550436_10151130502163386_543912540_n.jpg[/img]

The power didn't even go out.

It was much worse up north though.

Glace said:
PumpedAaron said:

I can't believe so many people died, and are getting seriously injured. Along with all the blizzards, fires, and other disasters. Darn. Isn't there anything we could do to help?
44 people iirc. It could have been much worse.

For MD/VA:
[img=350x300]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/550436_10151130502163386_543912540_n.jpg[/img]

The power didn't even go out.

It was much worse up north though.
My power went out for at least 20 hours. I live in VA.

My power is still out x____x. Luckily no trees hit my house though, and I'm staying at Dark Void's house until we get power back.

The hurricane wrecked havoc on Delaware. Our power was out for a few days, several tree's have blocked roads. It's not been fun. Probably not the worst place to be during the hurricane, but still bad.

It was pathetic up here. We have a drought all summer, and suddenly a hurricane, which honestly was nothing more than a good summer storm, is a big deal.

Xcelsior said:
We got snow in Ohio, but no ice, and the power is still on. However, the temperature is really low, and it's really windy. More than likely a small storm that came of Sandy.

Cold and snowing must be SO cold eh? Take off you hosers.

Back