XY Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

Considering the fact that many of these thus far would obviously just be the pokemon's basic 3d model with extra stuff stuck on, it really WOULD be conceivable for every single one to have a "mega" form down the road. Enh.

Sky Pillar said:
xayshade said:
Yeah Blaziken is like the most powerful starter I think and the most popular from gen 3 (don't ask me how I hate it)

but they will most likely make more, I hope they do. Just hpe every pokemon doesn't have a mega form

Back in gen3 blaziken was arguably the worst of his fellow hoenn starters. With only 80 base speed and 70 base defenses, blaziken was subject to ohkoes from gyarados, flygon, alakazam, etc.

Blaziken is far from the most powerful and for that reason, it is deserving of a mega evo.

I mean back in gen 3, yea blaziken was pretty useless since it was slow as molasses and weak as baby booty, but since adding speedboost to it, there really isn't much stopping it. Beating blaziken means either eating it's hits (120 base attack laughs at you) or moving first and hitting it's weak defenses, and now that's almost impossible.

After it got speed boost, it really really didn't need anything else

I think it would be cool if these mega evolutions were made to be like Masterballs. You get an item to get a mega evolution, but there's only one so it is up to the player to decide which one to get. Or at least a limited amount so you can't have all of them.

Luna_Cat16 said:
Weird. I actually thought Swampert was more popular, though I suppose it wouldn't have looked as cool as Blaziken.

I just want starter mega forms and maybe a few other Pokemon. They're interesting, but only a few are really appealing.

Naw, it's like, Blaziken>Sceptile>Swampert.

I favor Sceptile but that's just others.

Zaqix said:
jstar21 said:
For some reason people think that only these 6 pokemon will get the Mega forms when GF obviously picked more popular pokemon to showcase this new concept. We still don't know much of anything about Mega Evolutions and people are about to riot??? For all we know, this is how GF is gonna balance out the game by giving every final stage pokemon a mega form!

1) I HIGHLY doubt GameFreak will give EVERY single fully evolved Pokemon a Mega form 2) Even if they did, my point is that even if let's say Beedrill gets a MegaForm, it'll be outclassed by the like of MegaDragonite etc. Unless Mega forms for strong pokemon only increase their abilities by a little and weaker pokemon get a super boost but I see that as being highly unlikely, I guess this bothers me cuz it's seems like a "fan service"...like I said, I'm not even really sure why this bothers me so much

Allow me to speculate for a moment.

I think it would be insanely silly of GF to not give every final stage pokemon a mega form. Their reasoning for creating Fairy type was to BALANCE the typing chart! So why unbalance the game in a new way???

You say that a MegaBeedrill would be weaker than MegaDragonite. My question to you is why would you think that when we know little to nothing about this new feature. Let's assume that Mega Evolution was designed to balance out the pokemon. Let's say all Megaforms have a combined stat total of 700 (just using that number as an example). So a MegaBeedrill and a MegaDragonite would be on the same playing field with the exception of their typing and moves. The only pokemon I don't think will have megaforms are legendary pokemon since they are legendary. Of course Mewtwo being the exception because it is not a natural pokemon but was artificially created.

People simply need to relax with the hate.

Quick idea. Maybe Mega's could be introduced as X/Y's 'Shiny' Pokémon. E.g. All evolved pokemon will have a Mega forme, but can only be obtained by find its pre-evo in the wild holding its corresponding item.

Edit: Just realised Torchic isn't found in the wild. Unless Pokémon which are not obtainable in the wild, are given away at events.

Dragon Tamer Rhaegar said:
I feel like they primarily showed Blaziken not only as a fan favorite, but also to show us that starter pokemon can have Mega evolutions as well, and not to be upset by them not getting them. I think this is a great way for some pokemon who are typically weaker than fully evolved pokemon to get a little boost (Scizor, Tropius, etc.) and a great way to really change up competitive battling.

I don't know if it has been brought up, but are we positive on whether these evolutions are permanent or temporary? I know Mewtwo can go back and forth, so it would be odd for that to be in the movie but not in the game.

Personally I hope they work like shaymin's or the kami's alternate formes being able to switch back and forth between formes.

Maybe pokemon can only temporarily turn "mega" under special conditions during battle, or something.

There are only two things that could redeem this concept for me:

Megas of the pollution pokemon (Weezing, Muk, Garbodor) or Megas of some lower-stage pokemon (like a "mega" duskull independent of dusclops, etc.)

xayshade said:
Sky Pillar said:
Back in gen3 blaziken was arguably the worst of his fellow hoenn starters. With only 80 base speed and 70 base defenses, blaziken was subject to ohkoes from gyarados, flygon, alakazam, etc.

Blaziken is far from the most powerful and for that reason, it is deserving of a mega evo.

I mean back in gen 3, yea blaziken was pretty useless since it was slow as molasses and weak as baby booty, but since adding speedboost to it, there really isn't much stopping it. Beating blaziken means either eating it's hits (120 base attack laughs at you) or moving first and hitting it's weak defenses, and now that's almost impossible.

After it got speed boost, it really really didn't need anything else
Not necessarily, unaware quagsire can roll with blaziken's punches and trick room dusknoir/ dusclops can too. SB is a dream world ability, meaning a blaze blaziken might be able to become a mega one w/ sb. If that's the case, non-sb blazikens just became a lot more competively useful in their own tiers.

Pikaboi said:
Quick idea. Maybe Mega's could be introduced as X/Y's 'Shiny' Pokémon. E.g. All evolved pokemon will have a Mega forme, but can only be obtained by find its pre-evo in the wild holding its corresponding item.

Edit: Just realised Torchic isn't found in the wild. Unless Pokémon which are not obtainable in the wild, are given away at events.

Yeah, or say when a final evolution is leveling up there is a small chance for it to evolve into its mega evolution.

Let's be honest here, We're all waiting for a Mega Dunsparce with insane stats haha.
[private]Not sure if trolling or serious, but letting it be. *Drohn[/private]

jstar21 said:
You say that a MegaBeedrill would be weaker than MegaDragonite. My question to you is why would you think that when we know little to nothing about this new feature. Let's assume that Mega Evolution was designed to balance out the pokemon. Let's say all Megaforms have a combined stat total of 700 (just using that number as an example). So a MegaBeedrill and a MegaDragonite would be on the same playing field with the exception of their typing and moves. The only pokemon I don't think will have megaforms are legendary pokemon since they are legendary. Of course Mewtwo being the exception because it is not a natural pokemon but was artificially created.

This would be a way to make me ok with this.
Actually, I don't even really hate the idea, but the designs we've seen so far are terrible. Blaziken's and Mawile's are ok, but the other three are really, really bad. Absol legit looks like a deviantArt sparkledog.
And why wouldn't Mawile just get an evolution? Everything about the execution of this is so far yuck.

Bogleech said:
Maybe pokemon can only temporarily turn "mega" under special conditions during battle, or something.

If they are restricted to in battle I might as well not use them. IMO It just seems like to much work to go through to have them return to their lackluster form after the battle is over....

jdivinity said:
The whole Mega evolution concept reminds me of an extremely talented Fakemon artist who made "Dark Evolutions" for the final evolution of the starters and I'm trying to find them as I type this but I saw them over 4 years ago so I have no idea if the artist deleted their account or not.

Are you possibly referring to this?

EDIT: Wrong link sorry ^^' Fixed*

I saw baby Gogoat and nearly cried with happiness.

I'm guessing Mewtwo's animation of breaking out of the shell is its transformation to Mega form. I'm guessing the double helix symbol floating above its head also represents Mega evolutions. If a gym leader can have involvement with mega evolutions, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Flare did too?

Mega Forms seem alright, I'm not crazy about them, but that MegaMawile has earned a place in my heart.
I think the main driver behind these forms is to keep the Pokedex count down, they'll be classed as forms and not entirely new Pokemon. I suppose Game Freak are not only giving us a new gen to continue building the overall Pokedex, but also these Megaforms. So, I'm not going to complain too much.

BABY GOGOAT THOUGH <3

Am I the only one who isn't complaining about these Mega Forms? I personally love them,I don't see what the big deal is about introducing a new transformation mechanic.

TokenDuelist said:
Am I the only one who isn't complaining about these Mega Forms? I personally love them,I don't see what the big deal is about introducing a new transformation mechanic.

You are never the only one. Ever.

BassoonBro said:
I wonder why WPM hasn't posted anything about it yet.

Japan weeeeeeeee.

I like them at first I was a bit confused and wasn't sure how I felt but came to the conclusion that I'm interested to see what their gameplay is like.I think the reason why I was a bit disappointed was because I wanted to see oorottos art work and possibly an evolution for litleo and I just wanted more of new gen 6 pokemon.I do like the megas but favor mawile and absol the most now you just need sableye.Even with these mega forms I am still as excited as ever to play x and y.
Also the name of the bunny almost reminded me of one those names from pokexperto though its just the bii part

If they are restricted to in battle I might as well not use them. IMO It just seems like to much work to go through to have them return to their lackluster form after the battle is over....

Why would that be permanent? I'm saying maybe when their HP gets low or something they automatically change into their mega forms after you've unlocked them with the mega stone or whatever.

But probably not.

I just can't believe "SCOOP OF THE CENTURY" turned out to be something ripped straight out of the most uncreative fakes.

Great. Our updates this month are nothing but old pokemon with stupid stuff glued onto them (angel wings on Absol? Seriously? That is DIRECTLY what bad fan artists do. That is SPARKLEDOG TIER) and another electric rodent that looks exactly like part of the pikachu line.

Back