XY Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

Maybe to compensate for the very few aesthetic changes it had? Ampharo's new form is fabulous, but otherwise it's not the most different.

If this happens to be true, I have only one question: WTF?
What happened to branched evolutions (for Combusken and Flaaffy) or just adding another evolution (Mawile, Absol, Lucario)? Was this thing really necessary?

So are we just gonna ignore how Ampharos grew hair back even though various PokeDex entries say it can't due to too much built-up static electricity? .-.
Also Electric/Dragon? Wwwwwhy, though? It evolves from regular sheep and there's nothing draconic about its evolution line's design or backstory. Blargh.

These mega evolutions are gonna split the fan base SO much. Game freak is definitely taking a big risk with these...

Zaqix said:
Ampharos has always been one of my fave Pokemon and this would be awesome, but why? What is Dragon about Ampharos?? I don't get any of this

I guess that's why it has mold breaker, it's not your typical dragon.

I hope mega evos aren't like dw Pokemon. What I mean is that I hope a 3rd gen absol can become a megaabsol.

They're already splitting the fanbase. xux

It seems like they'll be pretty directly related to the story though. The DNA alteration theme is just obvious here.

Frezgle said:
So are we just gonna ignore how Ampharos grew hair back even though various PokeDex entries say it can't due to too much built-up static electricity? .-.
Also Electric/Dragon? Wwwwwhy, though? It evolves from regular sheep and there's nothing draconic about its evolution line's design or backstory. Blargh.

At least the discussions about Altaria and Flygon looking not like dragons will end.

But is there a better version of these pages? Ampharos' type is cut off from the page, and thus unreadable.

Frezgle said:

Ampharos japanese name has hints of Dragon. To be fair, I've always thought it was a pseudo Dragon, just like Gyarados, Charizard, Serperior...

WAIT. MegaSerperior w/ Contrary, Dragon typing and Draco Meteor. pls

Luna_Cat16 said:
They're already splitting the fanbase. xux

It seems like they'll be pretty directly related to the story though. The DNA alteration theme is just obvious here.

I totally forgot about that. Makes some sense now.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
These mega evolutions are gonna split the fan base SO much. Game freak is definitely taking a big risk with these...

Yeah the fandom is split in two. People who are for it vs People that are so against it no don't do this ever

I am the former

I've been pretty open minded and positive about developments in this generation so far, but god I hope those pictures are fake. Everything about them is terrible

I just hope they implement these new forms correctly, like have some explanation of why they exist, whether through new technology or whatever.

Heck, maybe they'll have Team Flare try to create a MegaXerneas and MegaYveltal and it will totally backfire. Maybe they earn money off of making Mega Pokemon and they want to try and get a whole bunch by making a Mega Legendary?

Btw, has someone else noticed that M.Blaziken's chest and head make the shape of a X and M.Lucario's chest has the shape of a Y!?
Perhaps version exclusives....

jstar21 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

I can't understand why some people are butthurt, this is awesome!

I don't know, I can't explain it but this is the first time I've ever thought "maybe it's time for me to move on from Pokemon"....I'm hoping when it's "officially" confirmed, I'll begin to accept the idea and just deal but right now I'm definitely "butthurt"...I think what bothers me most is not the idea of Mega Pokemon but that this concept is being applied to Pokemon who DON'T NEED IT...The Mega concept would've been an awesome way to balance out weaker Pokemon (Ariados, Ledian, etc)?? Idk :(

Zaqix said:
jstar21 said:

I don't know, I can't explain it but this is the first time I've ever thought "maybe it's time for me to move on from Pokemon"....I'm hoping when it's "officially" confirmed, I'll begin to accept the idea and just deal but right now I'm definitely "butthurt"...I think what bothers me most is not the idea of Mega Pokemon but that this concept is being applied to Pokemon who DON'T NEED IT...The Mega concept would've been an awesome way to balance out weaker Pokemon (Ariados, Ledian, etc)?? Idk :(

I can definitely see your point when it comes to balancing out those weaker ones who really need it, but then again we don't know much about Mega Pokemon yet so for all we know every final stage pokemon could have one and this could be how Game Freak is balancing them out. I just think they used the more popular pokemon to show it off as Lucario and Blaziken have huge fan bases so it makes sense to use them to introduce the new concept.

I think there will be other mega forms to come and not just the ones revealed today.
They probably just used more popular pokemon to get people hyped about it. But hopefully they'll give some weaker pokemon these new forms so they can actually be usable! (poor delcatty)

jstar21 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

I'm down with these mega evolutions, I just pointed out that the fan base really hasn't been as split as it is now. This game could prove who the real Pokemon fans are. The Mega's do have me worried though, are they temporary or are they permanent. I mean if you're going to have the might as well make them permanent!!

I honestly don't understand why people have a problem with new ideas and evolving the Pokémon games. Seriously. The main mechanics are there. If the games stayed the same forever, it would get boring. Stop getting so highly strung over something ridiculous.
Anything new is great news in my opinion. If you don't like the idea of certain Pokémon/ Formes, then don't use them. Simple!

Assuming their stats will remain the same, or get raised even more, MegaMawile with Huge Power will have an Attack stat of at least; 85 x 2 = 170. Surpassing Pokémon like Slaking and Rampardos with ease, just below Deoxys Attack, and on par with Black Kyurem.

And with a Base Speed of only 50, it would even outrun a Rampardos in a Trick Room.

Back