XY How to get Strange Souvenir

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
You have to talk to a backpacker in the hotels second floor in each of these towns and 1 town per day

1: Cyllage: talks bout how he likes Kalos but likes his region more
2: Ambrette: talks bout a facility
3: Camphrier: talks bout his areas champion
4: Couriway: he says his area isn't: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh,Unova

Remember all of this has to be done within 4 days

That thing looks like a tiki doll to me. Maybe Orange Islands from the Anime? Or a region thats all islands?

Mixie

The Nobody
Wait, do you have to do this with in four days after starting the game or four day after talking to the first person?

Rob234111

ArticunoX
Mixie said:
Wait, do you have to do this with in four days after starting the game or four day after talking to the first person?

As long as its 4 days in a row, it's fine, I doubt GF would ever make an in game event that requires you to do it right at the beginning of the game and then for another three days.

Buzzword

Convulsively Tripping the Light Fantastic
I just went to all four of those, and he wasn't there... please don't tell me I'm screwed...

Schezo92

Aspiring Trainer
It doesn't have to be 4 days in a row, I don't think he's always in the same hotels either.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Akwila said:
I just went to all four of those, and he wasn't there... please don't tell me I'm screwed...

There is a fifth location, which is the hotel in Geosenge Town. Try that. I just went there and there was the backpacker telling things about a facility, so I hit the second hint here.

Hope that helps.

The-Kaiser

weird i went there but he wasnt there 0o

update: huh i just went there and hes there but he gave me the item in that last town i mentioned in my first post 0o

dialga-brite

Aspiring Trainer
hi, just letting you know I found this guy for the first hint in the COUMARINE city hotel, a place not mentioned in this thread yet.
I'd really like confirmation as to whether it has to be four days all in a row or not.
Also I'd like to know if I can do this all in one day if I change my 3DS's date?

edit: it appears I actually got the second hint (the facility). so I think I talked to him once before a long time ago, meaning it does not have to be four days in a row. changing the day didn't work, however.

dialga-brite

Aspiring Trainer
The-Kaiser said:
ahh ok my bad :)

:)

I am really looking forward to finding out what it's used for, as well as what region he is from. I know a lot of people are saying it will be a new region already, but I am kinda thinking and hoping for a return of Orre, as it wasn't mentioned by him. colosseum/xd remake or sequel? what if they did a remake that combined both games into one? and what if it was for the 3DS and not the wii U (or for both)? didn't anyone ever think of that?

The-Kaiser

Well there was the Pokken or such game for Wii U that was leaked i think maybe it was that?

shinysearcher

Help me find a shiny! haha :D
Rob234111 said:
Mixie said:

As long as its 4 days in a row, it's fine, I doubt GF would ever make an in game event that requires you to do it right at the beginning of the game and then for another three days.

I would like to comment on something that just happened to me. I spoke to the guy for three days in arow (23rd, 24th, and 25th of October), and I forgot to apeak to him yesterday (26th where I live), so I remembered it today, and after some seconds of regret and frustration I opened my 3DS to start it all over again. To my surprise, when I found him in Cyllage's Hotel, he gave me the Strange Souvenir. Maybe, just maybe, if you secure at least the first three chats in a row, you can have your souvenir any day; or maybe you don't necessarily need to talk to him 4 days in a row, but just 4 times :)

These are just my two cents :D

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
On my initial play through of the game I talked to the back packer once since I always talk to every NPC when I play initially to get items and such. Then 2 weeks later, I continued talking to him and only had to talk to him 3 more times (in Cyllage, Ambrette, and Camphier) to get the souvenir. So you do not have to talk to him 4 days in a row, just find and talk to him 4 separate days.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Does it have to be within four days?

I spoke with him in Cyllage while going through the story and now I cannot find him post-game.

EDIT: Post answered above lol. :p

SylveonsAndEspurrs

Puhuhuhu!
I can actually confirm NoDice here because I had finished the game quite a while ago and I had talked to him once in that time. Since that was weeks ago for me as well, I thought I would have to redo this. But no; I just received the second one while in Coumarine Hotel