XY How to get Strange Souvenir

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
You have to talk to a backpacker in the hotels second floor in each of these towns and 1 town per day

1: Cyllage: talks bout how he likes Kalos but likes his region more
2: Ambrette: talks bout a facility
3: Camphrier: talks bout his areas champion
4: Couriway: he says his area isn't: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh,Unova

Remember all of this has to be done within 4 days

That thing looks like a tiki doll to me. Maybe Orange Islands from the Anime? Or a region thats all islands?

Wait, do you have to do this with in four days after starting the game or four day after talking to the first person?

Mixie said:
Wait, do you have to do this with in four days after starting the game or four day after talking to the first person?

As long as its 4 days in a row, it's fine, I doubt GF would ever make an in game event that requires you to do it right at the beginning of the game and then for another three days.

I just went to all four of those, and he wasn't there... please don't tell me I'm screwed...

It doesn't have to be 4 days in a row, I don't think he's always in the same hotels either.

Akwila said:
I just went to all four of those, and he wasn't there... please don't tell me I'm screwed...

There is a fifth location, which is the hotel in Geosenge Town. Try that. I just went there and there was the backpacker telling things about a facility, so I hit the second hint here.

Hope that helps.

weird i went there but he wasnt there 0o

update: huh i just went there and hes there but he gave me the item in that last town i mentioned in my first post 0o

hi, just letting you know I found this guy for the first hint in the COUMARINE city hotel, a place not mentioned in this thread yet.
I'd really like confirmation as to whether it has to be four days all in a row or not.
Also I'd like to know if I can do this all in one day if I change my 3DS's date?

edit: it appears I actually got the second hint (the facility). so I think I talked to him once before a long time ago, meaning it does not have to be four days in a row. changing the day didn't work, however.

The-Kaiser said:
ahh ok my bad :)

:)

I am really looking forward to finding out what it's used for, as well as what region he is from. I know a lot of people are saying it will be a new region already, but I am kinda thinking and hoping for a return of Orre, as it wasn't mentioned by him. colosseum/xd remake or sequel? what if they did a remake that combined both games into one? and what if it was for the 3DS and not the wii U (or for both)? didn't anyone ever think of that?

Well there was the Pokken or such game for Wii U that was leaked i think maybe it was that?

Rob234111 said:
Mixie said:

As long as its 4 days in a row, it's fine, I doubt GF would ever make an in game event that requires you to do it right at the beginning of the game and then for another three days.

I would like to comment on something that just happened to me. I spoke to the guy for three days in arow (23rd, 24th, and 25th of October), and I forgot to apeak to him yesterday (26th where I live), so I remembered it today, and after some seconds of regret and frustration I opened my 3DS to start it all over again. To my surprise, when I found him in Cyllage's Hotel, he gave me the Strange Souvenir. Maybe, just maybe, if you secure at least the first three chats in a row, you can have your souvenir any day; or maybe you don't necessarily need to talk to him 4 days in a row, but just 4 times :)

These are just my two cents :D

On my initial play through of the game I talked to the back packer once since I always talk to every NPC when I play initially to get items and such. Then 2 weeks later, I continued talking to him and only had to talk to him 3 more times (in Cyllage, Ambrette, and Camphier) to get the souvenir. So you do not have to talk to him 4 days in a row, just find and talk to him 4 separate days.

Does it have to be within four days?

I spoke with him in Cyllage while going through the story and now I cannot find him post-game.

EDIT: Post answered above lol. :p

I can actually confirm NoDice here because I had finished the game quite a while ago and I had talked to him once in that time. Since that was weeks ago for me as well, I thought I would have to redo this. But no; I just received the second one while in Coumarine Hotel

Back