Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
SoulWind said:
If you don't mind my asking, what is that Zapdos Promo?

It's the phone card that could be won (one of three) at the 1999 Tropical Mega Battle if you won a match under 15 minutes evidently. I'm not sure how accurate that info is, I haven't asked around but getting a card for winning under 15 minutes seems strange...but that's the word around town so I guess it's probably true.

Kasumi

Aspiring Trainer
@bagoly14 : Thank you for your input, it seems you understood the question at hand. Although, if that is the method you used to gain your estimated price then you may wish to reconsider. I'm sure you are aware that just because something is listed on eBay at X amount, does not make it so. However, since I do know you know a little something extra not everyone would know, I can understand.

@ThatPokemonCollector : Yes, the card is indeed, nice. Do you know what this version of the card is? I assume by the wink that you may even possess one yourself.

@ThatPokemonCollector/Omahanime : I do believe this threads title is "How much is this card worth?". If I was wishing attention I would have simply posted in the "Collector's Showcase" thread, rather than where we are now. I posted here as I have a current agenda I wish to fulfil, and I would expect to see common decency in asking a simple question.

bagoly14

Kasumi said:
@bagoly14 : Thank you for your input, it seems you understood the question at hand. Although, if that is the method you used to gain your estimated price then you may wish to reconsider. I'm sure you are aware that just because something is listed on eBay at X amount, does not make it so. However, since I do know you know a little something extra not everyone would know, I can understand.

Oh, I am not saying the value of the card is at 600$ just because I plan on selling mine for a near value - I don't plan on being THAT kind of vendor. I would value the card at that personally if I wanted to add it to my collection. If you are asking the question "what can I sell it for tomorrow?" vs "what is it worth?" then my answer would obviously be different for the value of the card. You and I both know that want/demand fluctuates greatly for Trophy and other expensive Japanese card; and also that those cards are worth what someone is willing to pay for them - like over 150$ for a sealed Vaporeon PLAY...I think my reasoning is fine because 1/3 is on Ebay for 700$ obo, the PSA 10 wants 2k, the third PSA 9 is somewhere else. That being said you will have to wait for a bit to sell it for that value. If you wanted a quick sale then I'd sell it for 450$.

r3skyline

UAV MECHANIC
Just picked up at a flea market for $3 along with a bunch of other cards. Anyone know approx value?

The one on the left is a RH.

bagoly14

r3skyline said:
Just picked up at a flea market for $3 along with a bunch of other cards. Anyone know approx value?

I'd say the Entei Jumbo is worth around 5$ right now and the Latios + Latios jumbo could possibly be 10$.

In comparison the Entei jumbo just sold for $1.50 at auction recently, and the Latios + Latios for $6.xx so you could probably get away with those prices.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
r3skyline said:

Crystal Tower's Entei is worth around $10 while the Latias & Latios Jumbo easily sells for $25-35.

It's really not too often you see either of those cards (more so the latter one) so you definitely had a nice find assuming the condition is good.

Kasumi said:
@ThatPokemonCollector/Omahanime : I do believe this threads title is "How much is this card worth?". If I was wishing attention I would have simply posted in the "Collector's Showcase" thread, rather than where we are now. I posted here as I have a current agenda I wish to fulfil, and I would expect to see common decency in asking a simple question.

[smod]omahanime[/smod] is just being silly. :p

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
r3skyline said:

The one on the left is a RH.

Entei is worth around ~$5. Lati@s Jumbo, if NM+, can easily fetch $20 - if you wait on it, you could probably get $30.

bagoly14 said:
I'd say the Entei Jumbo is worth around 5$ right now and the Latios + Latios jumbo could possibly be 10$.

In comparison the Entei jumbo just sold for $1.50 at auction recently, and the Latios + Latios for $6.xx so you could probably get away with those prices.

You need to make sure you check the item condition on sold listings. The past two sales of the Lati@s jumbos were jumbos in good/very good condition. The card is worth much more than $6 if NM+. So yeah, make sure to read the item description before quoting a price! :p

bagoly14

Yeah, I've seen the LL jumbo go for $23 most of the time but I was assuming that cards at a flea market wouldn't me near mint+

lol ;)

r3skyline

UAV MECHANIC
Actually, they are in just about near mint condition. The guy had them in those page sleeves for notebooks. Thanks for letting me know. I didnt really know how to search for these ones as I only came up with some old stuff on google, lol.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
r3skyline said:
Actually, they are in just about near mint condition. The guy had them in those page sleeves for notebooks. Thanks for letting me know. I didnt really know how to search for these ones as I only came up with some old stuff on google, lol.

When looking up prices on the go like you were, don't use google, use eBay completed listings.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
DrunkSpinda said:
Mine:

Keldeo EX BRC
4 Hypnotoxic Lasers

Theirs:

64 Japanese Skyla sleeves still sealed

Sound like a good deal to me. They're almost even in terms of value.

bagoly14

elam18 said:
Should had ask me or Daelum. PM me

Someone's looking to get a deal hehe ;)

I've never seen those jumbo cards either, though I know they are quite old...

elam18

Quitting Sale~ go to my ebay!
I already have those 2. I'm just trying to help out a fellow collector. I know the values of most jumbo. if you check my list on upccc you can see my jumbo collection

bagoly14

I'm interested, how much would you value those two at then?

If you don't want to share that info I understand - it seems like a lot of collectors like to keep card price evaluations private.