Pokemon How long have you guys been in the Pokemon World =D ?

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
As for me... ever since I was 6 years old! Ahh those were the days, when the sprites looked so colossal and girthy... good ole' Red n' Blue, I think I'll buy a GBA on Ebay or something sometime |] .

Since 2006, when some Espeon dragged me through some weird portal. Stayed there since. ^_^

Back when Gardevoir turned me into a Pokemon to save the Pokemon World from a meteor.

Around the time the original Red came out, since that was the first one I played.

I was a total baws at Pokemans when I was 4 years old :p

Day 1! I reserved a copy of Red or Blue (can't even remember... Red I think), and picked it up on launch day. I was hooked ever since.

since I was 4 I've been collecting the cards. (Machamp 1st edition yo!!)

I've played competitive TCG since 8th grade, I've only played competitive VG since my Soph. Year. (So 2.5 years.)

Got hooked on both competitive aspects :p

I started by borrowing my like 12 year old cousin's Red version and then got my own Sapphire version and was hooked ever since.
Also I've been playing competitive TCG for about 1.5 years but I got my very first cards when I was around 6ish.

5 years. I've liked the anime since I was in Kindergarten, but then stopped for a while until I was 9.

The classic anime and TCG got me hooked, and I still am. Now I do a little casual VG too.

Since early 1999, with the debut of Base Set in the TCG. I haven't been in TCG all that time (I was on hiatus during the E-Series and the entire EX block), but I have played the video games consistently up until now.

I remember the days when Pokemon was actually banned at schools for being too addicting. I was glad that I didn't get caught up in that until later, when the hubbub had died off a bit.

Since 1998. Got into the games, TV show, then TCG. I've stuck with it ever since.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I remember the days when Pokemon was actually banned at schools for being too addicting. I was glad that I didn't get caught up in that until later, when the hubbub had died off a bit.

I remember trading Pokemon cards in the bathroom in 4th grade. Teachers would take the cards away if they saw them at my elementary school. lol

I remember by school being hit by the TCG craze when I was 5. Everyone wanted the Charizard family, some Pikachus and, of course, Mewtwo. Being five, we had show and tell as part of our days, and Pokemon cards were easily the most frequent item shown. I remember my teacher being impressed when someone brought in a card from a different game (I think it was Yu gi oh).

As for my history, I started playing Pokemon at around 2004-06, somewhere in that ballpark. I got Sapphire, and had the best team ever with my Torchic/Swablu/Lombre/Skitty/Spheal/Corsola team for the Elite Four.

Shining Raikou said:
Since 1998. Got into the games, TV show, then TCG. I've stuck with it ever since.

I remember trading Pokemon cards in the bathroom in 4th grade. Teachers would take the cards away if they saw them at my elementary school. lol

^^It could be worse, we were sent to the principals office with a detention and they put my best friend's japanese holo typholision in the paper shredder-and made him watch it! :( That is like super torture for an 8 year old. He would have rather gotten beat up than lost his card! Yu-gi-oh cards were banned too and Beyblades. :/

For me, since 1998 too! :D massively addicted since I was in 1st grade!! I still have some of my old pokemon stuff ;) hahaha im 20 and still buying pokemon cards from target :p I will admit, the nostalgia I get from pokemon is addictive and an amazing feeling. So much I will share some of my memories!!

I miss playing with my tomy toys most of all. Before school, when I was allowed to have pokemon in my mother's first marriage, my mom woke me up early to watch pokemon and she would give me cookie monster cookies. I miss spending the night at my friend's houses-bringing my massive tomy figure collection and burger king toys in my backpack. We would have pretend pokemon battles and trade toys!! :) Man, when the cards came out everyone flipped out!!!! All my friend's moms bought like 20 packs and back then you would get a nice rare holo-not ending up with a reverse holographic caterpie! :p I tried so hard to get all the burger king toys-I asked to spend the night at my grandmas every weekend cuz she always took me out to eat! XD I remember playing the games and being like super into battling everyone at the Boys and Girls Club. They even had pokemon battle contests back on the gameboy/gameboy color!!!!! I have books from 2000 that are pokemon collector books like the cards, flip cards, plushies, Burger King toys, tomy toys, games, etc. It feels sooo goood just to look in there and remember when those items were being sold in Walmart. Pokemon is definitely the highlight of my life, hahah other than my wonderful spouse :p I honeslty consider myself super-lucky to have started elementary school when pokemon came out, it grew up with me kinda.

Back