How Do You Store and Organize Your Collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I will have to get one of those then. I sell bundles on eBay, I have sold like 30. So I am slowly decreasing my commons/ uncommons which is good. I have virtually no English Holo's, Reverse holos or rares anymore. I have sold like 2000 cards in the past few months, I haven't bought any.

Is it bad, I just haven't found anything worth spending my money on. The B/W sets bored me, hoping to get a box of X/Y, though I never seem to allow myself to spend £80 on one thing.

I have a question that someone probably ran into already -- I'd appreciate any responses!

If I was to store my collection in a binder with the 9 pockets, am I able to store duplicates in the same pocket? In other words, are there pages with pockets deep enough to store copies behind one another? I saw a video somewhere of someone having some, but not sure the quantity.

Seems like a great solution for the collector/player to be able to keep everything in a binder and turn pages to get what I need. Obviously I'd "Perfect Size" my rare cards and not put as many behind one another.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly. =)

anyone know the very best brand and price for 9 pocket pages and if there sold on ebay in bulk lots?

Ahh ok i found them :)

I'll keep them in mine as i usually had 2 cards in same slot but with the back sides touching

Ultra Pro Platinum should be sold in boxes of 100 at card, or comic stores for about $20.

Currently I have the Pt series and the BW series sets spread across 4 different 1.5 inch binders, and am planning to continue with XY, then backtrack through the DP block, and then again from the Neo sets to Base set. On the side of each binder, I put abbreviations of the sets contained within, and I print out the logos for each of the sets to put in the front cover sleeve. Inside I have Ultra Pro 9-Pocket top loading pages for the (generally) four sets. My EXs, SRs, etc. are each in a blue Ultra Pro sleeve in their respective pocket in accordance with set number, though I intend to soon expand this to my Reverses and eventually to all of my collection, due to the massive amounts of dog fur that accumulates in my house. Older Promos are kept in pages right now in another binder that is an entirely different colour, while the current promo series (XY) are in an old 4-pocket DP era portfolio.

My bulk commons, uncommons, and regular rares are stored in cardboard boxes designed to hold trading cards, organized by set and number. Bulk reverses and holos are kept in cheap sleeves (about 5-15 per sleeve), as well as extra deck staples that I have no need for but can trade away at PRs. Extra Dragon Vault and Radiant Collection cards are placed in an old plastic Moltres Deck box. Energies are Putin old coffee containers according to type, and fit quite nicely. Bulk EXs And SRs are in with my XY promos.

which books and sizes are best if im going by Set and date order for all English cards?

The-Kaiser said:
omahanime said:
I am able to fit 1 complete English set in a 1/2" binder.

so id need 1" if i put normal and reverse holo of the same set in a book?

No, to me a complete English set is normal and reverse holo of the same set

omahanime said:
The-Kaiser said:
so id need 1" if i put normal and reverse holo of the same set in a book?

I shall look on ebay for them in Bulk then :)

hopefully Ultra pro has them ^_^

nope found 12 packs of them on Stables for just under 25 $ :)

The-Kaiser said:
omahanime said:

I use Avery Durable binders. You can buy in most places and come in different colors.

omahanime said:
The-Kaiser said:

I use Avery Durable binders. You can buy in most places and come in different colors.

i see their chargeing 6$+ just for 1 on ebay no thanks =/

cus i need like 70 of them for my Pokemon sets and MLP: FiM Game and Trading cards

The-Kaiser said:
omahanime said:

i see their chargeing 6$+ just for 1 on ebay no thanks =/

cus i need like 70 of them for my Pokemon sets and MLP: FiM Game and Trading cards

That is why I buy in stores
http://www.target.com/p/avery-0-5-durable-3-ring-binder-white/-/A-13291726#prodSlot=medium_1_10&term=avery+binder
http://www.staples.com/1-2-inch-Avery-Economy-View-Binders-with-Round-Rings-Black/product_520049

If you're not in a hurry, Staples frequently has sales on binders, especially this time of the year (tax season set). They have different sales weekly, so it may be worth checking the ads online each week and picking them up when they're at a good buy. If you don't mind waiting a bit longer, the back-to-school time of year (starts late-June/early-July) usually features at least one "extreme" deal where you can get binders for dirt cheap (think $1, or sometimes free after rebate). Other stores likely will also offer similar deals that time of year; it's a great time to buy office supplies, even if you don't go to school anymore.

Source: I worked at Staples for almost 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back