BW/BW2 Get your in-game teams rated!

P.DelSlayer said:
Sky Pillar said:
I think he should specify lucario's nature. If it has a sp. att beneficial one it would be better to run dragon pulse for dragon coverage (higher base att and isn't resisted by as many types).

Except Dragon Pulse offers no further coverage, only hitting its own type for SE damage, whereas Ice Punch hits 4 (iirc) types for SE.

Plus Ice+Fighting gives great coverage on its own.

You could run both, but if it had modest nature IP's damage output would be disappointing.

Sky Pillar said:
@professorlight
I'm not gonna quote the post since it's long so I'll tell you here:

I started with a female snivy too, and here's the in-game set I had for her:
Leech seed
Coil
Leaf Blade
Iron Tail/ Aqua Tail
This works well for a physical serp in-game, use either leech seed or col first (depending on the situation) and you'll sweep any team.

Ampharos:
Signal beam, Thunderbolt, Thunderwave, *filler move*
Amp, doesn't have many options but it's high sp. att and high defs help make up for this.

Minccino:
There's a hidden grotto minccino with skill link, I'd recommend that but if you want to keep your current one:
Wake-up Slap
Tail Slap
Bullet Seed/ U-Turn/ Thunderwave
Rock Blast
Virtually the same set as the skill link one, except skill link is more consistent.

Liligant:
I'd swap petal dance for giga drain or energy ball, giga drain preferred because yours will have really low def and on the off chance it survives a physical hit, at least you can get some hp back. I'd also recommend dream eater if you're running sleep powder instead of synthesis. Synthesis is only good on bulky grass-types.

Future Flygon:
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
*filler move*
flygon has many options, if you prefer a sp. att set just swap EQ for earth power, DC for dragon pulse, and FP for Flamethrower/ Fire Blast. The fourth slot can be used as you wish.

I can't say much about Swanna since I haven't used one, I think Hurricane + Rain Dance are key with her. It should help on your team since flygon's the only one who resists fire.

I like snivy's set, I tend to avoid leech seed for the lategame, but if you say it'll work, I'll give it a try with aqua tail.

I've thought about changing confuse ray for signal beam, but the small chance of confusion is not worth it. I'm currently EV training mareep in speed and sp. attack, so I'll see how that goes with para-fusion-ball.

I gave a lot of thought to which one is better, skill link or technician, and came to the conclusion that 4 hits w/ technician were a lot stronger than 5 w/ skill link (I think), and it helps other moves besides multi-hit, so I'll keep it.
I think I'll give minccino tail slap, wake-up slap (or covet, to get 60 + STAB + high attack EVs + technician + posibility of stealing wild pokemon's items), sing and tickle/rock blast, (depending on how powerful she becomes)

I never had a problem with lilligant and physical hits, I just use synthesis to recover from the quiver dance setup, and because it's not as random as giga drain, but I might switch them if I frequently run into trouble. I'll keep petal dance because a quiver danced petal dance can take out almost anything, and with the speed boost, its rare that lilligant gets hurt by the next pokemon, anyway.

I honestly don't know what to give to flygon, It has so many good moves, and its movepool got a much needed overhaul in BW2, maybe I'll make it a mixed attacker with a sp. att. nature, dragon claw and 3 different typed moves, to not make it overly specialized.

Yep, rain dance/hurricane (and hydration, if possible) are the go-to set for a special oriented swanna. I usually give her water pulse and air slash/ice beam also.

So thanks, I'll see how everything goes.

I like snivy's set, I tend to avoid leech seed for the lategame, but if you say it'll work, I'll give it a try with aqua tail.
If you don't want leech seed you could just toss it out in exchange for Iron tail/ Dragon Tail Coil is better during the pre-game anyways.
I never had a problem with lilligant and physical hits, I just use synthesis to recover from the quiver dance setup, and because it's not as random as giga drain, but I might switch them if I frequently run into trouble. I'll keep petal dance because a quiver danced petal dance can take out almost anything, and with the speed boost, its rare that lilligant gets hurt by the next pokemon, anyway.
I actually forgot G5 gave petal dance 120 base pwr instead of 90, You can keep it on her than. I'd still recommend dream eater + sleep powder for atleast some diversity on her movepool and it's another draining option.

I honestly don't know what to give to flygon, It has so many good moves, and its movepool got a much needed overhaul in BW2, maybe I'll make it a mixed attacker with a sp. att. nature, dragon claw and 3 different typed moves, to not make it overly specialized.
If you can get Outrage before the e4 (i forget which tutor teaches it) than I'd recommend it over dragon claw. Hydreigon and Haxorus will survive a dragon claw but they'll fall to an outrage.

Yep, rain dance/hurricane (and hydration, if possible) are the go-to set for a special oriented swanna. I usually give her water pulse and air slash/ice beam also.
If it can learn surf I'd run that over water pulse, ice beam isn't totally necessary since it already takes neutral grass damage, is immune to ground-types, flygon can take care of dragons, and Ampharos can take care of flying-types.

Air slash stab hits harder.

If you don't want leech seed you could just toss it out in exchange for Iron tail/ Dragon Tail Coil is better during the pre-game anyways.

It's not that I dont want it, but often, when against stronger pokemon, leech seed doesn't seem to help much. In the case of snivy, I always use giga drain for recovery.

I actually forgot G5 gave petal dance 120 base pwr instead of 90, You can keep it on her than. I'd still recommend dream eater + sleep powder for atleast some diversity on her movepool and it's another draining option.

I know, dream eater is a great move, but I'm one of those people that give their pokemon moves they naturally learn, or that fit them well (ex: no scald on lapras, swords dance on lilligant, etc) that often means I miss on coverage or more powerful moves.

If you can get Outrage before the e4 (i forget which tutor teaches it) than I'd recommend it over dragon claw. Hydreigon and Haxorus will survive a dragon claw but they'll fall to an outrage.

I'm not a fan of the self-confusing moves, the only reason lilligant has petal dance is because of own tempo, actually (also my bellossoms, but it's so fitting for them). but you are right, I might need something more potent; draco meteor perhaps?

If it can learn surf I'd run that over water pulse, ice beam isn't totally necessary since it already takes neutral grass damage, is immune to ground-types, flygon can take care of dragons, and Ampharos can take care of flying-types.

Air slash stab hits harder.
I usually give swanna air slash until I get the ice beam TM, but I'd probably use it only to spare flygon from facing dragons that are strong against her.
The surf thing its because I don't think it fits her (although if a surf slave becomes necessary, I'll give it to her), also, I like the ocassional confusion and slightly higer PP of water pulse.

Since generation 2 or 3 i have had the same team, 1 mew with the following moveset,
Taunt
Torment
Toxic
Transform
It uses them in that order to do this.taunt and torment are good for locking, toxic poisons, then i use their cunning moveset to my own gain. I pair this with 1 ditto to become mew and reinstate the taunts, torments, and toxics, i have played exactly 1097 wi if battles, each with this team, and won exactly 1023 of them

Edit: pm me if you wanna play me

Here's my White 2 team for somebody to rate, please.

Name: Banette (Charlotte)
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Thunder Wave, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind,
Level: 54

Name: Miltank (Uttersley)
Item: Silk Scarf
Moves: Return (DESTROYS EVERYTHING), Attract, Facade, Earthquake
Level: 55

Name: Liepard (Eli Jones)
Item: Dark Gem (I have 6 of them)
Moves: Night Slash (Of course), Fake Out, Nasty Plot, Hyper Beam

Name: Leavanny (Basil)
Item: Miracle Seed
Moves: Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Leaf Storm
Level: 56

Name: Fearow (Apple)
Item: Sharp Beak
Moves: Return, Fly, Facade/False Swipe ( I switch the two, False Swipe, I use for catching Pokemon), Aerial Ace

Name: Politoed (Yumlegs)
Item: Mystic Water
Moves: Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Ice Punch
Level: 57

Proceeded said:
Here's my White 2 team for somebody to rate, please.

Name: Banette (Charlotte)
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Thunder Wave, Shadow Claw, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind,
Banette is one of the many physical attackers who is cursed with a mainly special movepool. Shadow Claw is one of its few decent physical attacks, so it's preferable over Shadow Ball. Thankfully, Banette's special attack is still okay, so Thunderbolt and Calm Mind still work.

Name: Miltank (Uttersley)
Item: Silk Scarf
Moves: Return (DESTROYS EVERYTHING), Attract, Brick Break, Earthquake
Miltank is fast enough that you shouldn't be getting status afflictions enough in-game to make Facade worth having. Brick Break gives a bit more coverage, so switch it with that.

Name: Liepard (Eli Jones)
Item: Dark Gem (I have 6 of them)
Moves: Night Slash (Of course), Fake Out, Aerial Ace, Seed Bomb
I honestly don't see why you want a Physical attacker like Liepard to be using Nasty Plot, which boosts special attack. Also, Hyper Beam on Liepard = not good, since that leaves Liepard to be a sitting duck next turn due to the recharge time. Replace them with Aerial Ace and Seed Bomb (just so you know, Seed Bomb is learned through one of the move tutors.

Name: Leavanny (Basil)
Moves: Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Aerial Ace
Level: 56
Leaf Storm is good and all, but Aerial Ace gives you a good counter for other bugs, which Leavanny is weak to.

Name: Fearow (Apple)
Moves: Return, Fly, Facade/False Swipe ( I switch the two, False Swipe, I use for catching Pokemon), Drill Run
You probably aren't going to need both Aerial Ace and Fly, and since Fly is good for quick access to faraway places, Aerial Ace should be the one to go. Drill Run provides a much better range of attacks to choose from, since now Fearow isn't completely walled by Rock- or Steel-types.

Name: Politoed (Yumlegs)
Item: Mystic Water
Moves: Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam, Earthquake
Level: 57
With Surf and Ice Beam, Waterfall and Ice Punch become pretty redundant. Replace them with Earthquake (so that Electric-types no longer stand in Politoed's way) and Psychic (because a lot of Grass-types are also part Poison-type).
Changes and comments in bold.

I recently got back into Pokemon (Does anyone really ever stop liking Pokemon? Even when I wasn't into it, I still was adamant about Eevee as my favorite. So I guess not.. :p) since I got into the TCG, and as such I have started playing my first Pokemon game in a looong while. I may have dabbled with Emerald on an Emulator, but since you couldn't wi-fi or trade on an Emulator I didn't play it past the beginning (Emulator because I was poor, couldn't justify getting a DS solely to play Pokemon.)
And around that time my memory was horrible, so I have absolutely no recollection of ever having played Emerald aside from my unfulfilled desire of acquiring a Leafeon..

As such, you could say that the last ACTUAL Pokemon game that I played, was Silver and Crystal. I was extremely young then, and knew nothing of the inner intricasies of Pokemon. I just beat the game, collected some Pokemon I liked, trained them to 100, and quit. Though that Celebi always held a place in my heart... (And OHKO anything I faced. :p)

So here we are now, having gotten back into Pokemon. I've learned some/most of the newer Pokemon I'd missed between the Generations that I wasn't paying attention during, mostly Gen 4, and also watched some Competitive Battling vids on Youtube. So I have a basic understanding of the meta-game, the tiers, EVs, etc., but I am ultimately still a noob. I have dabbled on Pokemon Showdown, though only on NU and LC.
While waiting for X/Y, and also to bolster my Pokemon collection in preparation of PokeBank/Transporter, I have started playing Pokemon Black 2. For now, they are just a normal game-run Team, with mostly haphazard EVs. Some I have EV trained, others I intend to replace with more perfectly bred specimens once I beat the Elite Four...

So, here is my team that is almost to the Elite Four:
*Things with '->' denote what I'm considering changing to

473.gif

Mamoswine (Mammoth)
Item: Lucky Egg -> Soft Sand/Expert Belt (Expert Belt would help against Iris)
Earthquake
Ice Fang

Stealth Rock or some sort of Setup/Utility (Not sure how effective SR would be against Elite Four, cuz most AI haven't switched much.)
Thrash
Notes: Couldn't decide between 'Mammoth' and 'Pillow' for the nickname, but I'll be breeding a Thick Fat chain bred one once I unlock it on Dream World. So this is just a temporary Mamoswine, ultimately I'd have Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Icicle Spear, and Ice Shard. The Moveset isn't set in stone for this temporary one though.

589.gif

Escavalier (Escavalier)
Item: Metal Coat
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Iron Defense
Swords Dance

Notes: Y'all don't know 'bout my 'Top Percentage' Escavalier! This guy sweeps like no tomorrow! Trained him in Attack/Def EVs. His Nature isn't perfect, but only way to get him is via trade, and having no friends or a spare DS, only way is from GTS.. So a good Nature and/or Megahorn is a pipedream. :(
On the bright side, he's from Japan, so he gets 170% exp gain and is always a high level and easy to train. ^.^

549.gif

Lilligant (Petulia)
Sleep Powder
Giga Drain
-> Dream Eater (Once I get access to Dreamyard post Elite Four)
Petal Dance
Quiver Dance

Notes: My Special Sweeper. From in-game trade, thus has perfect Nature and max SpA IV. Current EVs: 12 HP / 255 SpA / 243 Spd
I love this Pokemon and this Moveset, Sleep then setup with Quiver and finish off with Petal. All of the Moves look pretty :3

169.gif

Crobat (Batman)
Confuse Ray
Fly
Bite
Poison Fang

Notes: Has high Speed EVs. I plan to breed a Crobat with Brave Bird and Roost once I beat the Elite Four. Until then, I use it mostly for Fly, which is also pretty good in battles.

292.gif

Shedinja (Shedinja)
Item: Exp. Share -> Focus Sash (Once I get one...)
Protect
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Claw

Notes: Gimmicky tank, immune to all but 5 Types and able to dish out some hurt while he's at it. Still in the process of deciding a nickname for him... Trained Atk/Spd EVs, and has a high Spd IV.

503.gif

Samurott (Dew Drop)
Item: Amulet Coin
Cut
Strength
Aqua Jet
Surf

Notes: HM and Amulet Coin Mule. Aqua Jet for a Priority Move, and it looks cool. Best name ever btw :p
For the Elite Four I'll replace him with either a Reuniclus or a Haunter, though they aren't perfect or even have Magic Gaurd in the case of Reuniclus (had to get via GTS since I'm on Black 2), but they will be another Special Sweeper and inherently better than an HM mule..
579.gif
093.gif

Notes: I plan to breed a Magic Guard Reuniclus with a SpA increasing Nature and train it in SpA/SpD EVs and have it be a Trick Room Doubles partner for Escavalier. As for Haunter, my plans are to breed one with Disable and possibly Trick. Until then, they are just going to be untrained temporary Special attackers to help me against the Elite Four.

What do you guys think of my team, is it Elite Four worthy? Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks ^.^

Well, here's my Black 2 team (for Double Battles)

Uxie@Rocky Helmet
Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Rain Dance
Stealth Rock
Uxie's job is to set up rain, and then SR and dual screens.

Thundurus@Choice Scarf
Moves:
Thunder
Hyper Beam(Yes, I know its horrible, but it's filler)
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast
This thing's main goal is to sweep with Rain Dance up. Just keep spamming 100% acc Thunder.

Samurott@Life Orb
Moves:
Superpower
Hydro Pump
Dragon Tail
Aqua Jet
This is your average mixed attacker,and the combonation of rain,LO, and STAB make even a priorty move threatening.

Palkia@Lustrous Orb
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Spacial Rend
Hydro Pump
Thunder
Another frightening attacker. This is pretty self-Explanatory

Garchomp @Dragon Gem
Moves:
Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
Giga Impact (Anybody know where the swords dance TM is?)
A pure wrecking ball. Just pure, needed physical sweeping.

Mewtwo @Water Gem
Moves:
Psyshock
Ice Beam
Thunder
Water pulse

Just so anybody who's rating this knows, I have other good Pokemon and items. The format that this needs to withstand is full of dragons, legendaries, and other tough/cool pokemon plus starters.

Here's my White 2 team, open for suggestions. :) Also, my items are undecided at the moment. They will keep changing depending on who I fight, as this is an in-game team.

Serperior
Moves:
Leaf Blade
Coil
Aqua Tail
Swords Dance

Lucario
Moves:
Close Combat
Earthquake
Ice Punch
ExtremeSpeed

Electivire
Moves:
ThunderPunch
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break

Arcanine
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Outrage
Wild Charge
Strength

Flygon
Moves:
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fly
Stone Edge

Jellicent
Moves:
Surf
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic

^ Try adding dragon tail over coil or swords dance. You usually don't have Time to set up one, so why have both.

Gumball said:
Here's my White 2 team, open for suggestions. :) Also, my items are undecided at the moment. They will keep changing depending on who I fight, as this is an in-game team.

Serperior
Moves:
Leaf Blade
Coil
Aqua Tail
Swords Dance

Lucario
Moves:
Close Combat
Earthquake
Ice Punch
ExtremeSpeed

Electivire
Moves:
ThunderPunch
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break

Arcanine
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Outrage
Wild Charge
Strength

Flygon
Moves:
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fly
Stone Edge

Jellicent
Moves:
Surf
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic

Remove Coil for Dragon Tail on Serperior because you won't be able to get off both boosting moves consistently.

Instead of Strength, put Dig on Arcanine. Crunch would be more ideal, but that is an egg move so you'd have to breed for it.

U-Turn should be used over Fly on Flygon because Flygon will likely move before the other Pokemon which will allow you to inflict damage and then switch to something that resists the incoming attack.

Jellicent needs to have Recover instead of Psychic. Psychic in general has bad coverage and Jellicent is really bulky. It is more of a defensive Pokemon.

Back