General Writing Discussion Thread | Current Topic: NaNoWriMo

RE: Writer's Lounge

I can't say when for certain, but sometime between now and the middle of next week I intend to start updating Feral Twilight again with new chapters and lightly revised versions of the first few I already have up. I'm just wondering of I'd be right to bump its thread with a revival post ahead of time just to make sure that it's active again before actually making updates?

The censor/filter/whatever here is person. I can't say P-k-m-n (take out the dashes). What is this? Ghh. Oh well, whatever. I don't run this kangaroo court.

@Pontius - I believe it is to prevent individuals from utilizing abbreviations too frequently, thus diminishing forum quality.

...unless a conspiracy is lurking in the abyss

Unique Username said:
@Pontius - I believe it is to prevent individuals from utilizing abbreviations too frequently, thus diminishing forum quality.
Thank Arceus I accidentally pressed Preview Post or I would have been ninja'd rather than realizing you answered first, Uni. XD

Conspiracy?

Okay fellas, get your gear. We're getting to the bottom of it.

Everyone, today, we have had the misfortune of having two terrible stories posted on our forum. Luckily, no one was hurt, though long-term effects such as dropping IQ statuses might have been inflicted on a few. But fear not, the terror it is over.

I think it is time for a moment to reflect on what has happened.

Zyflair said:
Everyone, today, we have had the misfortune of having two terrible stories posted on our forum. Luckily, no one was hurt, though long-term effects such as dropping IQ statuses might have been inflicted on a few. But fear not, the terror it is over.

I think it is time for a moment to reflect on what has happened.

My mind will never be quite the same. At least I avoided direct eye-contact with the threads for extended periods of time.

Also I tried to be nice to the kid and give him tips but apparently that was just too much to ask more. So I had to DERAIL him.

/me slings a rail over his shoulder and walks away

My work here is done.

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to let those peices of trash slip through unchecked... I had other things I was checking out before I even notice them...

/me salutes. ;3

So anyway, I'm on track for posting Chapter One on Sunday as planned, and Chapter Two is actually already a third done. If I get one chapter ahead of release, I would feel at ease. ^_^"

@TFO: Yeah, but I don't like looking as though I'm not doing my job when I'm online and this stuff comes up suddenly. I feel like it gives off the impression that I'm lazy or something.

Zyflair said:
* Zyflair salutes. ;3

So anyway, I'm on track for posting Chapter One on Sunday as planned, and Chapter Two is actually already a third done. If I get one chapter ahead of release, I would feel at ease. ^_^"

Likewise, I'm going to try and finish up Chapter Three of Feral Twilight so I can get it updated either tomorrow or Saturday. If not, then I'll be sure to update the story after the holiday weekend. I'm not sure when I'll have my story back up to full steam, though.

No, it was Charganium. You've nothing to fear; you were fine.

Merry Christmas, Writing Corner!

(If this is spam, feel free to delete this post. I'm just in the holiday mood. =3 )

Zyflair said:
Merry Christmas, Writing Corner!

(If this is spam, feel free to delete this post. I'm just in the holiday mood. =3 )

I'll let it slide since it's the holiday and I'm guilty of occasionally going off-topic in this (what is technically my own) thread when I get ideas that I feel should be discussed. In this case, I should mention that the Haiku and Short Poem Contest (which is Christmas and holiday themed) is still open for anyone new who wishes to enter. The deadline for this round is Thursday, December 29th.

Likewise, all outstanding and new entries for the Round Robin will be take until Wednesday, December 28th. As I've been saying, I only have two entries thus far. If that's all I have by Wednesday afternoon, then that's all that will be posted. I'm not going to give out any more reminders since I've already given people notices about a week ago (and, though one person already explained their situation to me, I'm still expecting others to get their work in).

The Fallen One said:
Short poem contest? I'll have to write something when I get back from my sister's place.

Yeah. I changed the parameters of the haiku contest so that I now accept any poems up to four lines long, since they're basically quick and relatively easy to write (that, and I got tired of being nagged about allowing non-haiku short-poems).

Back