Future Metagame Speculation Thread

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Future Metagame Speculation

IIRC, their pull rates for the EXs are better, so a lot of things are cheaper over there. I think I remember someone saying that at least.

dmaster out.

Riskbreakers

The Brilliant Star☆

Yeah, TPCI = Greedy

The Japanese have it way better. Catchers there are literally flying everywhere.

Jakeupp

Cool Kid

Yeah every time they get a pre-constructed deck it has at least 1 catcher and candy.... Not to mention they released 2 decks just recently that each came with 2 ex's a candy, catcher and other good stuff for the equivalent of like $15. About 1/3-2/3 of the rares in any given English B&W expansion were not rares in their respective Japanese set which does horrible things to our pull rates and that in turn bumps up the prices of playable cards because they are much much harder to pull.

Plasma gale rares(non UR, SR, FA, EX, Ace Spec.)- 9
Plasma storm rares(non UR, SR, FA, EX, Ace Spec.) - 36

Talk about watering something down.....

jwalquis0388

The Firey Solstice Member

They are more than us too. More people= more need for playable cards. Their top cut for Worlds has a much smaller ratio to their Pokemon tcg-playing population than the US top cut does. This being said, I would like the rares to be rares everywhere and the commons and uncommons to be that everywhere.

Jakeupp

Cool Kid

On another note, Virizion EX/Genesect EX/Genesect seems like it could possibly take over the start of next season.

jwalquis0388

The Firey Solstice Member

True that, my friend is already fixing his deck to become that Grass deck.

Mora

Don't Panic

What's so good about that deck besides OHKO'ing Keldeo (and built in Catcher).

TrainerNaru

Aspiring Trainer

Mora said:

if you play it with virizon it cannot be lasered
and its quite easy to get out on t2 and it has ace specs that allows it to hit for 200 dmg :)

Mora

Don't Panic

I am; I am!

TrainerNaru said:
Mora said:

and its quite easy to get out on t2 and it has ace specs that allows it to hit for 200 dmg :)

Maybe that will be good, but I feel like people are too afraid to drop their precious Computer Search and to rely on an Ace Spec which can be Tool Scrapper'd.

Blah

DBT

Stay on topic guys.

And by "topic" I do not mean complaining about next format. Keep it to yourself if you think it'll suck; this is the place to predict what the metagame will look like come future sets, not complain about EX's or how many "beatdown" decks there are.

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer

Is there even a Magikarp in the format?

Anyways... I think that there will be some kind of rogue that will just pummel the format by the time Worlds' comes. Not sure what it is though.

grantm1999

VileGar

^yeah, Magikarp DRX. It can be good because its damage cap is unlimited.
Also, I think Exeggcute is pretty good as a one of tech in some decks, especially the ones that are already so donkable.
Here's where Exeggcute's potential lies imo:

Blastoise: 1-of
RayEels: 1-of
Empoleon: 2-of
Darkrai: 1-of or 2-of

EDIT: NOT WEAVILE. Weavile's bad.

Mora

Don't Panic

I actually ran Weavile at the prerelease today. It had Weavile, Hoot-Hoot for draw, and about twenty random Stage 1 and 2's. I doubt it will be amazing, but you might see some of the new players who can't afford to throw $500 at Plasmabox playing it for Battle Roads

sammy876

Aspiring Trainer

Do u think the prices of thundy and deo will go down before the tins come out? if they do .... because my nationals is on June 1st... and I would like to buy them before that

Jakeupp

Cool Kid

I predict that September on 70% of people will be play Plasmadeck or at least some version of it. People who feel like paying will probably play Virizion/Genesect, and then you'll have your standard Darkrai and big basics.

Mora said:
I am; I am!

TrainerNaru said:

Maybe that will be good, but I feel like people are too afraid to drop their precious Computer Search and to rely on an Ace Spec which can be Tool Scrapper'd.

Shadow Triad puts G-booster directly back into your hand.

ryter78

Actually a Ditto in disguise

DawnOfXatu said:
Ditto/Eveeloutions/Weavile/Exeggutor/Sableye: Toolbox deck, surprise Stage 1's with DItto, Weavile for heavy damage, Exeggcute for extra Weavile damage/Ultra Ball/Compy Search stuffs, Exeggutor for surprise Supporter Lock, Umbereon gives Weavile and other Eevee's extra HP, Espeon can snipe Deoxy's/Mewtwo 80 for 1, Flareon has some late-game potential, Vaporeon KO's Landorous with a Plus Power (or Deoxys EX), and Jolteon/Glaceon are possible inclusions as well. Sableye to get back trainers if needed.

I really like the sound of an eevee based deck. Weavile, umbreon, and flareon deck sure would be fun.
Also that staraptor could get dangerous i have a feeling, by passing the need for damage to gt rid of your problems.

Mora

Don't Panic

Jakeupp said:
Mora said:

Shadow Triad puts G-booster directly back into your hand.

Yeah, but it's still a hassle (and an Ace Spec). Not saying it won't be good or see play, but I think that is going to be a turn off for some people.