Future Metagame Speculation Thread

RogueChomp

Team DBT
RE: Future Metagame Speculation

Dialga/Porygon Z/Box seems like a fun deck. Dialga for millingand damage, Porygon Z for spreading the love Plasma Energy, and really any other Plasma attackers.

Puff-Sun

Gogoats

You'd definitely need Thundo in that, since Enhanced Hammer ruins your day otherwise.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

Hammerduck: because nobody runs fire types. There are 3 psyducks in the theme deck...
Joking aside, I think Tool Scrapper is going to see a lot more play because new tools/Sigilyph/the existing tools. Tech a masquerain for virizion/genesect?
Pokemon Center could actually help non-plasma, because it's a stadium to counter frozen city, and heals the existing damage of it.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

Sigilyph won't be a good deck. But I agree with the rise of Tool Scrapper with G-Booster, Garbodor and the new Tools. I don't think that Virizion/Genesect will more expensive than Plasma Box (unless you play Deoxys so never mind).

Porygon could be played with Lugia and Virizion/Genesect. It'll be pretty hard to get around the deck space specially because Deoxys is recommended. Virbank could help with the damage output (or you might cut out this part with Frozen City).

On Dialga/Porygon-Z, you could play a Gensect to get more catchers (no need for attackers). You'll have to make your way out of hammers and Dialga is KO'able and that will take all your energies.

Masquerin seems nice to implement to get back the G-Booster after you don't need it (for it to not be scrapped). It could be nice with Sigilyph (to use the tools you need).

Jakeupp

Cool Kid

The reason Genesect/Virizion will be more expensive is because Lugia, Thundurus, and Deoxys will all be in a tin for probably $15-18 while Genesect and Virizion will only be obtainable from packs. That's also the reason that the meta will probably be infested with plasma decks. It's seriously the most tempting reason to drop lots of munnies on packs I've seen. I'll probably fork over a lot of cash for several of those tins. -__-

omod

Aspiring Trainer

that wont happen they always use previous set exs for tins, Megalo wont be out till end of summer/start of spring anyways so its gonna be plasma freeze tins

Puff-Sun

Gogoats

He's talking Spring 2014, since we already got the Spring 2013 tins. And MC comes out right after Worlds, in August.

Jakeupp

Cool Kid

DrunkSpinda said:
Until spring comes and they put Genesect in the Spring Tins

By then we may have better cards, plus there's always that slim chance a Heatran EX deck may be good(most likely not) since it will hit Genesect for weakness, benefits against opponents with lasers, stacks damage with Deoxys, and running fire energy allows for super easy counters to Klinklang.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

Or maybe TPCi will pull something ridiculous and put decent fire-types in XY1.
Hammerduck time...

Blui

lv85 paladin

Lemonnade said:
Or maybe TPCi will pull something ridiculous and put decent fire-types in XY1.
Hammerduck time...

PCL. For the last time. tCPI doesn't make cards, they merely translate and distribute. Also, Reshiboar was a good deck and so was Reshiplosion. Fire would be good if Keldeo wasn't running around rampant.

sammy876

Aspiring Trainer

Hey.. I have worked on my list... any advice is very helpful :)
New Deck:
Pokémon:
3 Deoxys EX
2 Thundurus EX
1 Lugia EX
2 Kyerum
1 Keldeo EX

Trainers:
2 Plasma Ball
3 Ultra Ball
3 Colress Machine
4 Pokémon Catcher
2 Float Stone
1 Switch
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Scramble Switch
4 Hypnotoxic laser
1 Max Potion
3 Enhanced Hammers

Supporters:
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Colress
2 Skyla

Energy:
1 DCE
4 Plasma Energy
4 Prism Energy
3 Blend Energy

thealphaturtle

Aspiring Trainer

why 3 ultra balls and only 2 plasma balls? only one of your pokemon is not Plasma, Keldeo. Also this deck could probably work just as well without Keldo. It needs at least 3 energies which means your taking energies away from Lugia. I plan on making a very similar deck but replace your Keldeo with another Lugia. Also the fourth Colress Machine wouldn't hurt to add. For some reason I haven't thought of using scramble switch in this (probably because I didn't read it well enough) but that is great here. The energy situation gets quite difficult here. So many specials that Enhanced Hammer decks will destroy. I would probably like to see more DCE and less blend. I'm thinking that Hypnotoxic and Virbank could be removed here since you have attackers and Lugia's ability isn't helped much with hypnotoxic. So we clear some room with taking out ultra balls and possibly Hypnotoxic/virbank as it may actually harm more than it helps. Add the rest DCE and will have to playtest to see if any other energy adjusting is needed

Mora

Don't Panic

Keldeo is probably for Rushing In and Ultra Balls are probably for thinning your deck by ditching stuff from your hand. Lasers are more for early pressure with with Thundurus, but you can also OHKO with Kyurem, 3 Deoxys and HTL/Virbank.

I kind of want to build this deck but focus more on Lugia. Maybe do something like 4 Deoxys, 3 Thundurus, 3 Lugia, and maybe 1 Benchtini and/or Kyurem. Not sure what the best build for Plasmabox will be, but I played a few games with a standard list, and I didn't really like it that much, which is disappointing because I really want to like it.

thealphaturtle

Aspiring Trainer

I can't bring myself to put more than 2 Lugia in a deck. It's not something you need first turn since you need to add some damage first. I also like Kyurem in this since it sorta replaces Landorus' job with Lugia. I think you can still get Lugia setup in the same amount of time with 2 of them allowing more room for other useful cards. Also see a potential problem with this deck with having enough bench space. Attacker, 4 Deoxys, Lugia seems ideal I guess but damn if a bench attacking team goes up against you

Mora

Don't Panic

I was thinking use Thundurus to hit for maybe 40 on T1, and then take three prizes with Lugia doing 130-40, and having that be the focus of the deck. It would kind of be more like Quad Lugia, which is what I was playing around with before Plasma Freeze hit. I don't know how good it will be. If I can make it as almost as fast as Quad Lugia, then it seems like it would be awesome.

sammy876

Aspiring Trainer

cool guys... yes the ultra ball is for getting energy in discard and also for deck thinning.... the keldeo is for more consistent switching as you can put a float stone on it.... I only added 3 deo and 2 thundy as I have a tight budget.... The Lugia/Thundy would seem like it would work very effectively.... no deoxys would even be needed there... just a few lasers with thundy and youre set :) please keep me posted on any other variants that would be viable with this skeleton... :D thnxs

sammy876

Aspiring Trainer

Do you guys feel laser bank is more powerful, or Frozen city, and as there is more space, you are able to put in say 3 hammers.... what do you think? The frozen city will also disrupt beach and virbank based decks...??

Jakeupp

Cool Kid

sammy876 said:
Do you guys feel laser bank is more powerful, or Frozen city, and as there is more space, you are able to put in say 3 hammers.... what do you think? The frozen city will also disrupt beach and virbank based decks...??

Frozen city can be played around too easily. Energy switch, counter stadiums, plasma badge, plasma pokemon. It's a dead card against plasma decks and doesn't really carry it's weight.I would rather use the spots for max potion or support.