Future Metagame Speculation Thread

RE: Future Metagame Speculation

FOR LASERS
Virizion-EX – Grass – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Spring Breeze
Pokemon with [G] Energy attached to them cannot be affected by Special Conditions. (Remove all Special Conditions from your Pokemon with [G] Energy attached to them.)

[G][C] Emerald Slash: 50 damage. You can attach 2 [G] Energy from your deck to one of your Benched Pokemon. If you do, shuffle your deck afterwards.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

FOR PLASMA POKEMON
Haxorus – Dragon – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Fraxure

[M] Dragon Axe: 40x damage. This attack does 40 damage times the number of [M] Energy attached to this Pokemon.
[F][M] Master Blow: If the Defending Pokemon is a Team Plasma Pokemon, it is Knocked Out.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

ANOTHER COUNTER FOR PLASMA POKEMON
Silver Mirror – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

If the Pokemon this Tool is attached to is not a Pokemon-EX, it is unaffected by damage and effects from Team Plasma Pokemon.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

DrunkSpinda said:
Laser Bank will fall when Blast comes out and brings Silver Bangle along

That's like saying landorus will not do any good because keldeo destroys him.

Just because lasers aren't effective against 1 deck, it'll still be good against plenty of others.

He's not talking about the fact that it's useless against Virizion/Genesect or Hydreigon. He's talking about the fact that it's outclassed by Bangle.

Except that not every deck can use Silver Bangle well, Silver Bangle is only as good against certain matchups, the sleep can occasionally swing games, and Laser can do its damage even if you can't actually attack. Silver Bangle is good, but its certainly not strictly better than Laserbank and I think a lot of decks will still run Lasers.

Dark Void said:
Except that not every deck can use Silver Bangle well, Silver Bangle is only as good against certain matchups, the sleep can occasionally swing games, and Laser can do its damage even if you can't actually attack. Silver Bangle is good, but its certainly not strictly better than Laserbank and I think a lot of decks will still run Lasers.
I think people will still run Laserbank but not 4 Hypnotoxic Laser (maybe 2 or 3). Because it is 6 cards wasted against Gensect/Virizion

DeckMaster said:
Dark Void said:
I think people will still run Laserbank but not 4 Hypnotoxic Laser (maybe 2 or 3). Because it is 6 cards wasted against Gensect/Virizion

While I have the same position of lasers dwindling in number, I believe they can be used 1-2 times against genesect if you get them out early when a virizion has yet to hit the field, or after it's Ko'd and another one isn't out yet. Just a possibility I think is getting overlooked.

Aggressiv said:
DeckMaster said:

While I have the same position of lasers dwindling in number, I believe they can be used 1-2 times against genesect if you get them out early when a virizion has yet to hit the field, or after it's Ko'd and another one isn't out yet. Just a possibility I think is getting overlooked.
I agree totally but I think people are not going to use 4 Hypnotoxic Laser anymore maybe 3 or 2 like i said

I will be running Darkrai/Boufolant in the upcoming season, i have reason to believe that there will be no rotation due to us not having any basic energy if we do rotate even one set, here's my list: (still very much a work in progress)

3 Darkrai EX
2 Bouffolant
2 Sableye
1 Absol
1 Keldeo EX
1 Mewtwo EX

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
1 Bianca
1 Skyla
1 Random Receiver

1 Computer Search
2 Dark Claw
2 Silver Bangle
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Energy Switch
1 Energy Search
1 Tool Scrapper

2 Virbank City Gym

8 Dark Energy
4 DCE

It's going to be the best Darkrai variant with the new addition of Silver Bangle, the math gets to new heights, Gold Breaker+Silver Bangle+Hypnobank=180 on pokemon EX. Any help is welcome.

littywitty said:
, i have reason to believe that there will be no rotation due to us not having any basic energy if we do rotate even one set,

Not true, basic energy is always considered legal and it has happened before where no legal sets had basic energy and everyone still played it.

Personally I'm starting to think they might rotate midseason, or at the least no rotation why else would they give us absolutely NO info on the rotation?

khit said:
littywitty said:
, i have reason to believe that there will be no rotation due to us not having any basic energy if we do rotate even one set,

Not true, basic energy is always considered legal and it has happened before where no legal sets had basic energy and everyone still played it.

Personally I'm starting to think they might rotate midseason, or at the least no rotation why else would they give us absolutely NO info on the rotation?
Well generally, they don't give us info on the rotation until late July/August when it's actually announced. I highly doubt we will have a midseason rotation. That was a special case because the format was unplayable and it was the lesser of three evils at the time. I for one think they will rotate to Dragons Exalted on. It will rotate Catcher, so more creativity in deck building and stage 2's will be a lot more playable. Dragons Exalted also came out right after Worlds 2012, so it would make sense.

Slowbro said:
khit said:

Well generally, they don't give us info on the rotation until late July/August when it's actually announced. I highly doubt we will have a midseason rotation. That was a special case because the format was unplayable and it was the lesser of three evils at the time. I for one think they will rotate to Dragons Exalted on. It will rotate Catcher, so more creativity in deck building and stage 2's will be a lot more playable. Dragons Exalted also came out right after Worlds 2012, so it would make sense.

But, if the shinies in Plasma blast stay true to the Japanese MC, then we will get shiny rare candy!

But I have a great feeling at least ND will be rotated out.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Slowbro said:

But, if the shinies in Plasma blast stay true to the Japanese MC, then we will get shiny rare candy!

Japan are having a reprint set so why should they be allowed a completely different format. Rotation will be NXD-on at most.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Slowbro said:

Yes, we will get shiny rare candy. So...?

@pokemonguyaap What do you mean by completely different format? Japan almost always has a different format than the U.S.

khit said:
littywitty said:

I forgot to add that I do think as well that they will rotate mid-season one the first X and Y set comes out. And also, there has to be basic energy in at least one in-format set and that's how it's always been. Name a season without basic energy in one of it's sets.

littywitty said:
khit said:

I forgot to add that I do think as well that they will rotate mid-season one the first X and Y set comes out. And also, there has to be basic energy in at least one in-format set and that's how it's always been. Name a season without basic energy in one of it's sets.
Just because something's never happened before doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. After all, there hadn't been a midseason rotation before the one in 2011, but there's a first for everything. I just don't see a midseason rotation happening if the competitive scene isn't completely screwed up, but I suppose it's possible.

mine opinion is that no set will be rotated because why did they not just make energy in Plasma Blast I am not saying anything can happen I am saying it does not make sense to put no energy in Plasma Blast unless they are keep BW

Back