Future EXs

Victini EX, Genesect Ex, Meloetta Ex, Keldeo Ex, and Deoxys Ex. Or Oshawott EX....
You are problably thinking, 'Why not mew EX?'
My respopnse to that is, 'Why not Mewtwo prime?'

I really am hesitant to think that they'll make starter EXs, all. Also, you are not allowed to post anything about "Magikarp EX" because that is NOT REALISTIC

Magnezone_Elf said:
NO, its underpowered IMO, keep in mind, were not gonna make More Mewtwo EXs, but these are still EXs!!!!!

Actually, I disagree with both of you, its overpowered for its first attack. Zekrom EX, one of the best attackers in the format, does just over double the damage for more than double the cost (since it takes 3-4 energy, 2 of which are a specific type, Arceus's takes 1-2 of any type). Its a basic that uses Zebstrika's second attack, which is getting a decent amount of hype, but for 1 energy and a mere 10 less damage. I think it would be more balanced if it only hit the active, and Arbitrator would be useless imo unless it takes 3 prizes off of an EX. Just my opinion, though.

Magnezone_elf, the starter EXes were some of the first EXes to be made in the original EX era iirc. Why would it be different this time around?

^ But Arceus EX has to discard two energies (so you can power it w/ a DCE and have to discard it, just like Garchomp lv.X last format) and discarding two energies for 70 isn't that great, even if you can do it T1 because of the high HP basics imo.

Giantoshawott said:
Victini EX, Genesect Ex, Meloetta Ex, Keldeo Ex, and Deoxys Ex. Or Oshawott EX....
You are problably thinking, 'Why not mew EX?'
My respopnse to that is, 'Why not Mewtwo prime?'

Mew Ex
120HP [P] type
basic

Ability: Transform
Once per turn (before your attack), you may attach a pokemon from your hand to this card as if it was a pokemon tool card. You cannot have more than one pokemon tool card attached at a time. While a pokemon is attached to this card by this ability, you can use all the attacks of the attached card as if they were Mew Ex’s attacks. You still require the appropriate energy to use these attacks.

weakness[P]
Resist[F]
Retreat[C]
[Ex rule]
30/30

and a reprint of base set mewtwo with a HP and damage boost would be nice. Shame we won't get many primes now that the HGSS set ended.

darkrai ex looks so sick.
ill def make a deck around those.
lots of good supports in the next set as well. looks legit

Magnezone_Elf said:
we wont get any
It looks like a typo. I personally think Gardevoir and Gallade EX will come soon. The starters seem likely as well. That is, if they actually make EX's that aren't basics.

Magnezone_Elf said:
^you mean legendaries?
Nope, I'm talking about the presence of overpowered basics in the format. The fact that they are all legendaries doesn't matter to me, although I would like to have some other pokemon share the spotlight.

I'm wondering if Meloetta will even get one now. Presumably the set after DBDB will be for B2W2 and the movie, and she's just been kind of thrown in that mess of far more marketable mons, leaving little room for two normal cards of her, let alone as EXs.

Its really kind of obvious that tPCi is going to make EXs of Genesect, Keldeo and Meloetta.
Be my guest if you dont want to believe that but dont be surprised when all 3 are on booster art.

Snorlax EX

{C} Overeating
Discard the top two cards of your opponents deck for each energy attached to this pokemon. Flip a coin, if heads this pokemon is now poisoned. If tails, discard all energy attached to this pokemon afterwards. This pokemon is now asleep.

{C}{C}{C}{C} Body Slam 80
If the defending pokemon has a retread cost of {C}{C} or lower, this attacks base damage is 120 instead of 80

I think its fine right now since its draw back is that mew two will take advantage of it and keep it in check.

That's not what we want.

Lets see, from now on, lets have solid reasons why the Pokémon should be an EX and why it will be. I also would like to see guesses for attacks/card abilities.

[Name] [HP] [Type]

[Energy for Atk. 1] [Atk. 1 Name]
[Effect of Atk. 1]

[Retreat] [Weakness] [Resistance]
Same format for Atk. 2 and Ability(but without energy)

I'm waiting for the Kyogre EX and was disappointed when it wasn't released with Next Destinies. Anyone know if it will be released in the next wave of cards? I hope, I hope.

Kyogre EX is almost ceratinly being released in Dark Explorers, but on topic:

Celebi EX HP140 {G}
ABILITY Time's Indent
Once during your turn, before your attack, you may search your deck for a Trainer(Item, Supporter, or Stadium) and put it into your hand, shuffle your deck afterward.
{G}{G} Glade Lash 50
Flip a coin, if heads, the defending Pokémon is now asleep. If tails, the defending Pokémon is now poisoned.

Weak: {R} x2 Resist: {W} -20 Retreat: {C}

Back