Finished Fog Of War - Team 2 Is Victorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fog Of War - Night 8 ends 31st Dec 1am GMT!

I hope I don't get MK'd for asking this question and breaking YPPY, but what if P2 doesn't shoot, making it so P1 can't get in their two shots?

Jeremy1026 said:
I hope I don't get MK'd for asking this question and breaking YPPY, but what if P2 doesn't shoot, making it so P1 can't get in their two shots?

You won't get modkilled for chatting between commands, no. I know it's kind-of confusing with this YPPY variation, but I just want both of you to shoot, then I'll update, then you can shoot again.

In that scenario, P2 will be modkilled and P1 will be declared the winner. P1 was at least playing the game, and it's obvious that the fault is on P2's end, so I won't punish P1 in that scenario.

Jeremy1026 said:

TwistedTurtwig said:
##FIRE: K13

Jolteon fired off into the night, aiming blindly at the darkness. It wasn't until the cannon fired and the shot struck Gourgeist that Jolteon realised how lucky his aim was.

Gourgeist fired back, but the shot hit the water with a plop that echoed throughout the foggy night.

Jeremy1026 used ##FIRE: K3. TwistedTurtwig was damaged.
TwistedTurtwig used ##FIRE: K13. It hit nothing but water.

Updated grid-map is as follows:
3BrHfnX.png

Remember that you still have to shoot once more to avoid a modkill! Good luck!

I sure hope that you're not...

##FIRE: T11

Thanks for leaving me to die, AtA

Jeremy1026 said:
I sure hope I'm allowed to use special shots...

##FRAG: K2

TwistedTurtwig said:
I sure hope that you're not...

##FIRE: T11

Thanks for leaving me to die, AtA

Jolteon could barely see anything in the darkness, and as he walked through his ship searching for cannonballs to fire he felt a cracked, fragmented cannonball... "I really hope I can use this!" said Jolteon. "Frag at K2!"

The shot fired, exploding on impact with Gourgeist's ship and damaging the surrounding area.

Gourgeist was freaking out - he never thought nighttime would be so spooky like this! "Uhh.. ahh... Oh gosh, I need to shoot him! Where is he?! Fire at T11!"

The shot fired, impacting on the water with a plop.

Jeremy1026 used ##FRAG: K2. TwistedTurtwig was damaged.
TwistedTurtwig used ##FIRE: T11. It hit nothing but water.

uusnxCt.png

Good game TT. It was a pure dumb luck shot. I also had a spyglass that I kept forgetting to use this night phase to potentially not waste a shot.

I'm glad that AtA was mod killed since my partner was modkilled going into the final day. Without that MK I was a sitting duck.

Good game to you too! I saw when you purchased that Fragmentation Cannonball the other night, and was just waiting for you to unload it at some point. It was a fun game though. All's well that ends well!

Jeremy1026 said:
##FIRE: K4 for the win!

TwistedTurtwig said:
Let's get this over with.

##FIRE: S17

Jolteon was buzzing with excitement and lined up his final shot. Assuming Gourgeist had no ghostly tricks up its sleeves, Jolteon was sure he was going to win with this shot... "Fire at K4!"

The shot sailed through the air, and Gourgeist saw moonlight reflect off the cannonball as it flew towards him. "Oh now... uhh.. fire at S17!"

Gourgeist's shot struck the water with a plop, while Jolteon's shot punched a hole through the hull of Gourgeist's ship... Gourgeist went down with the ship, down into the night.

Player: TwistedTurtwig
Team: 1
Ship: Hauler (Size 4)
Ability 1: Black Market II - Once during each Night Phase, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##BOOTLEG2. You will then receive either 2 random Items or a random amount of gold. (You have no choice over what you receive.)
Ability 2: Spacious Hold – You may hold up to 100k gold and 20 Items at any time.
Gold: 5000
Items:
  • Anchoring Cannonball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##LOB: coordinates. Any ship you hit with this command cannot move (regardless of any Abilities, Items, Events, Environmental Hazards, Environmental Conditions, or any other gameplay effects) until the beginning of the next Day Phase.
Current Coordinates: K1, K2, K3, K4
Current Damage:
[td] X [/td][td] X [/td][td] X [/td][td] X [/td]

Jeremy1026 used ##FRAG: K2. TwistedTurtwig was damaged.
TwistedTurtwig used ##FIRE: T11. It hit nothing but water.
Jeremy1026 used ##FIRE: K4. It hit TwistedTurtwig.
TwistedTurtwig was defeated by Jeremy1026!
Jeremy1026 salvaged 5000 gold from TwistedTurtwig's defeat.
Team 2 has won Fog Of War!

P5adYWN.png

Note: I didn't put TwistedTurtwig's final shot on the map.

Jeremy1026 is the survivor of the Fog Of War! He zapped into the fray and brought Team 2 to victory! This was his rolecard:
Player: Jeremy1026
Team: 2
Ship: Hauler (Size 4)
Ability 1: Privatize – Whenever you destroy another ship and salvage its cargo, you may collect ALL of its cargo.
Ability 2: Black Market II - Once during each Night Phase, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##BOOTLEG2. You will then receive either 2 random Items or a random amount of gold. (You have no choice over what you receive.)
Gold: 38000
Items:
  • Spyglass - During any Phase of the game, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##SPY: coordinates. You will be privately told the not-so-specific details of that coordinate.
  • Explosion Barrel - During any Phase of the game, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##BOOMBARREL: coordinates. The coordinates must be immediately next to your ship or this command will not work. The Explosion Barrel becomes a visible Environmental Hazard that explodes with a blast radius of 3 if a ship (including your own) moves on top of it or shoots it, damaging everything caught in the blast radius.
  • Spyglass - During any Phase of the game, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##SPY: coordinates. You will be privately told the not-so-specific details of that coordinate.
Current Coordinates: M18, N18, O18, P18
Current Damage:
[td] - [/td][td] - [/td][td] - [/td][td] - [/td]

Congratulations to Team 2, the winners of Fog Of War!

Thanks to everyone for playing!
As a host, this was my first big game here on PokeBeach. While there were some hiccups and errors and corrupted game-host files, I think it turned out pretty well.

A couple of things that went on during this game:
- I ran a 'basic' version of this game, with minimal ship movement and other complex mechanics. Hopefully this helped everyone learn the core mechanics of this game, rather than overload everyone with brand new stuff. You can read the more-complex stuff in the master document found further below in this post.
- I tried having updated damage details. For example, in everyone's rolecard there's a segment called "Current Damage". After each shot, ideally you'd be sent an update PM with an update on where your ship is damaged. I tried this with Squirtle Squad, the first casualty of the game, and decided it was kinda spammy and a lot of effort. I didn't do it after Squirtle Squad was defeated.
- I stopped sending nightly role 'reminders' on Day 4. This seemed to have caused a drop in activity, though that might've been a mix of the Xmas season too. Still, it makes me sad that a reminder that the game exists helps boost player activity. I'll be looking into that for future games. (I believe signing up is a commitment on the player's behalf, so this was a weird learning experience to go through.)
- My master documents - both the word doc containing all items, ships, player details, etc, and the Photoshop PSD with a fully-detailed gridmap - were corrupted in December. It sucked. I recovered the word doc, but not the PSD. That slowed things down on my end.

I hope everyone had fun, and if you'd like to host your own version of Fog Of War here are the master documents:

• Master Document - List of all things regarding the game, including ship types, abilities, items, events, weather, team details, etc. Currently contains details of teams relevant to this game, up to this post (eg. Everyone but Jeremy1026 is marked as dead).
  • Master Gridmap - This was the gridmap PSD I made at the start of the game. It contains details relevant to this game up to the first shot's results, and nothing after it. It includes every player's ship location, and is 26x26. (It's 36MB and hosted on Dropbox, might be a little slow. If you want the 52x52 version with no players, let me know - it's 118MB!)

And here are the links to the quicktopics:
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4
Deadchat

And in case it was clear above: I won't be hosting Fog Of War 2 or anything like that. I've gotten PMs from new/random members asking about a FoW2 so it looks like there's interest in a sequel, but I have other games I want to try out and am currently in the process of moving interstate. I won't be hosting any big games until February at the earliest, so someone else can try hosting this for a while =P

Please let me know what you think of the game! All dead players can now post in here again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for hosting Bigfoot. It was a fun game, and interesting too. Thanks for giving me money at the beginning Team 2. Having the early start helped me get rolling once we were down to the wire. There was a ton of luck in this game, especially when it came to being online at the right time to make some kills shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back