Finished Fog Of War - Team 2 Is Victorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fog Of War - Day 7 ends 17th Dec 1am GMT!

Flavour missed a detail so that's edited now. You guys got me worried. Flavour is fine. Please just read the Processed Commands if you don't understand anything.

The Processed Commands (which haven't been edited) explain why there's extra X's. All is right.

It was simply confusing that in the first map before TT's shot, there were no Xs on, I suppose, Celever's ship, and then he hit it with a fragment and suddenly 4 Xs appeared. I would have probably shot elsewhere if I had noticed the shots before.
Anyway:
##FIRE: C20

Mora said:
##FIRE: B13
Celebi heard the events of the Fragmentation Cannonball unfold, straining its little pink ears to find where Snover's ship might be. "Hmmm.... if only my ears were bigger," said the shiny Time Travel Pokemon. "B13 sounds near Snover... Fire at B13!"

The shot travelled through the air, and landed in the water with a plop.

Keeper of Night said:
It was simply confusing that in the first map before TT's shot, there were no Xs on, I suppose, Celever's ship, and then he hit it with a fragment and suddenly 4 Xs appeared. I would have probably shot elsewhere if I had noticed the shots before.
Anyway:
##FIRE: C20
My0C5H1.png

(Edited a post 2 minutes after posting, in case the timezone doesn't make sense to people.)
The mysterious and mighty Giant Tentacruel reached up from the depths and dragged Krookodile's ship down to the seafloor...
Player: Keeper of Night
Team: 2
Ship: Caravel (Size 2)
Ability 1: Strongboat – This ship is unaffected by Environmental Conditions and Environmental Hazards.
Ability 2: Scouting – At the beginning of each Day Phase, you will be PM’d the not-so-specific details of your neighbouring coordinates in a 1-coordinate radius.
Gold: 25000
Items:
  • None.
Current Coordinates: D18, D19
Current Damage:
[td] X [/td][td] X [/td]

AlexanderTheAwesome used ##FIRE: E6. It hit nothing but water.
AlexanderTheAwesome used ##FIRE: E7. Luispipe8 was hit, but previously damaged at that coordinate.
Celever used ##FIRE: D7. Luispipe8 was hit.
Celever used ##FIRE: F7. Luispipe8 was hit.
Jeremy1026 used ##FIRE: C7. It hit Luispipe8.
Luispipe8 was defeated by Jeremy1026.
Jeremy1026 salvaged 16000 gold from Luispipe8's defeat.
Luispipe8's Nuclear Core activated.
Jeremy1026 used ##FIRE: G7. It hit nothing but water.
TwistedTurtwig used ##FRAG: D15. It hit water, and also revealed Celever's ship.
Keeper of Night used ##FIRE: B20. It hit nothing but water.
Mora used ##FIRE: B13. It hit nothing but water.
Keeper of Night was modkilled due to breaking a game rule (No editing posts).

Updated grid-map is as follows:
f1mkr02.png

I still have no access to quicktopics, so anything going on in there is unknown to me. Feel free to PM me with any questions and concerns.

Why was I modkilled? We were allowed two shots today.
edit: Was not aware we couldn't edit posts. That's ridiculous, but whatever. Good luck Jerm.

##CANNONBALL: C20

I was confused at first about how my shot worked, but I've figured it all out. Time to end Celever. Sorry bud!

TwistedTurtwig said:
##CANNONBALL: C20

I was confused at first about how my shot worked, but I've figured it all out. Time to end Celever. Sorry bud!

Gourgeist managed to hear Krookodile's command before Krookodile was dragged under, and was quick to make the most of this opportunity. "Finally, I can use this thing the way it was intended!" said Gourgeist. "Cannonball at C20! I'm gonna be rich!"

The golden cannonball shot through the air, hitting Snover's ship. Snover's ship began to turn to gold, which caused a bad reaction with a glowing green core inside the ship... As the core began to glow and pulse, everyone tensed up in anticipation.

The blast swept through a decent chunk of the battlefield, consuming several hulks of defeated ships... and roasted Celebi's ship in the process.

Player: Celever
Team: 4
Ship: Fireboat (Size 5)
Ability 1: Firebreather – Whenever you successfully hit another player’s ship, that player will lose 1 random Item from their inventory.
Ability 2: Nuclear Core II - If this ship is destroyed, everything within a 7-point radius is damaged too.
Gold: 10000
Items:
  • None
Current Coordinates: C16, C17, C18, C19, C20
Current Damage:
[td] X [/td][td] X [/td][td] X [/td][td] X [/td][td] X [/td]

Player: Mora
Team: Independent
Ship: Town Seawagon (Size 3) – This is a special ship and cannot have its Abilities changed under any circumstances.
Ability 1: Seer – Once during the Night Phase, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##SEER: player. You will be told the Abilities of that player.
Ability 2: Observer – You will be alerted by a PM from the Game Master whenever someone uses an Ability against you.
Gold: 7750
Items:
  • None
Current Coordinates: I18, I19, I20
Current Damage:
[td] X [/td][td] X [/td][td] X [/td]

AlexanderTheAwesome used ##FIRE: E6. It hit nothing but water.
AlexanderTheAwesome used ##FIRE: E7. Luispipe8 was hit, but previously damaged at that coordinate.
Celever used ##FIRE: D7. Luispipe8 was hit.
Celever used ##FIRE: F7. Luispipe8 was hit.
Jeremy1026 used ##FIRE: C7. It hit Luispipe8.
Luispipe8 was defeated by Jeremy1026.
Jeremy1026 salvaged 16000 gold from Luispipe8's defeat.
Luispipe8's Nuclear Core activated.
Jeremy1026 used ##FIRE: G7. It hit nothing but water.
TwistedTurtwig used ##FRAG: D15. It hit water, and also revealed Celever's ship.
Keeper of Night used ##FIRE: B20. It hit nothing but water.
Mora used ##FIRE: B13. It hit nothing but water.
Keeper of Night was modkilled due to breaking a game rule (No editing posts).
TwistedTurtwig used ##CANNONBALL: C20. Celever was hit.
Celever gained 10000 gold from the Midas Cannonball.
Celever was defeated by TwistedTurtwig.
TwistedTurtwig salvaged 10000 gold from Celever's defeat.
Celever's Nuclear Core II activated.
Mora was defeated by Celever's Nuclear Core II.

grid-game1-day7-007.png

PSA: Please use the Deadchat if you are dead. As stated in both the game's OP and in your death PM, dead players may not post in this thread until the game is over.

RE: Fog Of War - Night 7 ends 20th Dec 1am GMT!

Fog Of War Night 7

ZCTR6Th.png

This phase ends on Saturday the 20th of December, 1am GMT.

Victini was sleeping on the bow of his ship, too deep in his dreams of victory to notice the Giant Tentacruel reaching up from the bottom of the ocean. Victini's ship sank as the sun fell...
Player: Fancy
Ship: Outlaw (Size 3)
Ability 1: Black Market – Once during each Night Phase, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##BOOTLEG. You will then receive a random Item.
Ability 2: Daunt – You are immune to all other players’ Abilities during Day Phases.
Gold: 3000
Items:
  • Acid Lump - During each Day Phase that you hold this Item, you lose 1 random Item from your inventory (excluding this Item). If you successfully shoot or collide with another ship, the Acid Lump automatically moves from your ship to that ship.
Current Coordinates: N15, O15, P15
Current Damage:
[td] - [/td][td] - [/td][td] - [/td]

After that, the Giant Tentacruel made its way to another sleeping player's ship. Charizard was slowly moving his tail back and forth while sleeping; the end of the tail being a light in the darkness as the Giant Tentacruel seized the ship. The light extinguished as the ship sank.
Player: Drohn
Ship: Outlaw (Size 3)
Ability 1: Black Market – Once during each Night Phase, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##BOOTLEG. You will then receive a random Item.
Ability 2: Daunt – You are immune to all other players’ Abilities during Day Phases.
Gold: 10500
Items:
  • Spyglass - During any Phase of the game, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##SPY: coordinates. You will be privately told the not-so-specific details of that coordinate.
  • Fire Barrel - During any Phase of the game, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##BARREL: coordinates. The coordinates must be immediately next to your ship or this command will not work. The Fire Barrel becomes a hidden Environmental Hazard that explodes if a ship (including your own) moves on top of it, causing the segment of the ship that hit the barrel to be damaged.
  • Gooey Ball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##GOO: coordinates. If you successfully hit a ship with this cannonball, that ship loses up to 3 random Items from their inventory.
Current Coordinates: N20, O20, P20
Current Damage:

You may:
- Post in this thread during this Night Phase.
- Trade any Items or gold with other players but only in this thread.
- Only PM me with commands for Abilities or Items. (Don't post them in the thread during this Night Phase!)
- PM me to purchase Items and Abilities (list of available Items and Abilities are below)
- PM me with questions/queries about the game.
- Communicate with your team in your team quicktopic.
- Purchase more than one of the same Item or Ability - eg. You can buy 2 Midas' Cannonball.

You may not:
- Use a shooting command during the Night phase.
- Move your ship unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so.

Items and Abilities are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis - I will post a log of purchases at the end of the phase that will look like this:
??? purchased Midas's Cannonball
??? used ##BOOTLEG and gained 1 Item.
??? purchased Midas' Cannonball - INVALID: Out of stock.
You will be informed of any invalid commands you make before the end of the Night Phase, and any commands you make during the Night Phase will make you appear as ??? in the processing log.

Shopping List will look like this:
- (Item/Ability name) - (Item/Ability quantity available) - (Item/Ability Flavour) - (Item/Ability cost)

Purchasable Items:
- Delayed-Explosive Ball - 2 - Shoot this at an enemy ship and it doesn't explode... not until the beginning of the next Day Phase, at least. - 3000
- Blocking Cannonball - 2 - If a ship gets hit by this cannonball, its abilities will have no effect until the beginning of the next Day Phase. - 5000
- Shock Ball - 1 - If a ship gets hit by this cannonball, it will be too electrified to be able to shoot until the beginning of the next Day Phase. - 1000
- Spyglass - 3 - Privately see the details of a coordinate. The fog obscures what you see with the Spyglass though, so it won't be so specific information... Still, it's better than nothing! - 1000
- Fragmentation Cannonball - 1 - An area-of-effect cannonball, it hits several points surrounding the targeted coordinate as well. (Example; target in red, area-of-effect in blue) - 8000 - Sold Out!

Purchasable Abilities:
- Privatize - 2 - Become smarter with the knowledge of how to salvage what, allowing you to salvage 100% (all!) of the cargo of any ship you defeat. - 3000
- Black Market II - 2 1 - Under the cover of night, you may request 2 random Items OR some gold from the Game Master. - 10000
- Tricky Swapper - 1 - A mysterious Ability that requires you to charge it up. If you can use it, you might be able to swap either [A] ships' locations ships' gold [C] ships' Items. - 20000

Flavour does not provide instructions on how to use Abilities/Items - you will receive those instructions after making your purchase.

RE: Fog Of War - Night 7 ends 20th Dec 1am GMT!

Fog Of War Day 8

??? used BOOTLEG. It was successful.
??? used BOOTLEG2. It was successful.
??? purchased a Fragmentation Cannonball and now has 33000 gold.
??? purchased Black Market II, discarded Privatize and now has 5000 gold.

ZCTR6Th.png

This phase ends on the 24th of December, 1am GMT.

You may:
- Shoot three times during this Day Phase.
- Trade Items and gold with other players but only in this thread.
- Shoot other teammates.
- Choose to not shoot at all.
- Choose to not use any commands at all.
- PM me to purchase Items and Abilities (list of available Items and Abilities are below)
- Purchase more than one of the same Item or Ability - eg. You can buy 2 Midas' Cannonball.

You may not:
- Vote for a ##DAYEND until I make a post specifically stating that you can.

Remember:
- Items are consumables (unless otherwise specified). You use it, it disappears from your inventory.
- Commands must be posted in this thread unless an Ability or Item specifies otherwise.

Shopping List will look like this:
- (Item/Ability name) - (Item/Ability quantity available) - (Item/Ability Flavour) - (Item/Ability cost)

Purchasable Items:
- None

Purchasable Abilities:
- None

Flavour does not provide instructions on how to use Abilities/Items - you will receive those instructions after making your purchase.

You can not vote to end the Day at this time.

Breaking any game rules will get you modkilled.

You must use a command in this thread at least once during Day 8 to not be modkilled.

You may shoot three times during this Day Phase.​

RE: Fog Of War - Day 8 ends 24th Dec 1am GMT!

So it's 6 shots vs 3 shots today. I have an uphill battle but I'm going to go down swinging. Bring it Team 1.

RE: Fog Of War - Day 8 ends 24th Dec 1am GMT!

Jeremy1026 said:
##FIRE J12

TwistedTurtwig said:
##FIRE: D1

Jolteon saw the Giant Tentacruel lurking below the foggy waters and decided to spook it with some cannonfire. "This noise should scare it away, riiiiiiight? Fire at J12!"

The shot impacted with the water, making a loud plop sound out across the water. This prompted Gourgeist into doing the same.
"Fire at D1" said Gourgeist.

But its shot also hit the water with a plop. At least the Giant Tentacruel won't be snatching them today.

Jeremy1026 used ##FIRE: J12. It hit nothing but water.
TwistedTurtwig used ##FIRE: D1. It hit nothing but water.

ZygJhp7.png

I've been hit with an early shift at work today so I won't end the Day at its usual time. You'll have until the 27th of December 1am GMT before Night 8 begins - plenty of extra time for you guys to get in some more shots!

RE: Fog Of War - Day 8 ends 27th Dec 1am GMT! (Day Extended!)

I know it's a little early but some family stuff has come up today and I'm not extending this day again. It feels like everyone who is going to use a command has used a command, so here comes the night...

Fog Of War Night 8

Y4iiAJQ.png

This phase ends on Wednesday the 31st of December, 1am GMT.

Igglybuff spent all day staring into the sun, and became blind. The poor little thing didn't notice the Giant Tentacruel reaching up for his ship as the sun set for the night. Igglybuff couldn't see the danger, and went down with the ship...

Player: AlexanderTheAwesome
Team: 1
Ship: Pirate (Size 3)
Ability 2: Strongboat - This ship is unaffected by Environmental Conditions and Environmental Hazards.
Gold: 4500
Items:
  • Smoke Bomb - After activating this Item, all shots fired at you that would've hit you have a chance to hit a neighbouring coordinate instead of your ship. This effect lasts until the beginning of the next Day Phase.
  • Spyglass - During any Phase of the game, you may PM the Game Master with the command ##SPY: coordinates. You will be privately told the not-so-specific details of that coordinate.
  • Midas' Cannonball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##CANNONBALL: coordinates. Any ship you hit with this command gains 10k gold. (The Ricochet Ability does not negate this Item’s effect.)
  • Gooey Ball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##GOO: coordinates. If you successfully hit a ship with this cannonball, that ship loses up to 3 random Items from their inventory.
Current Coordinates: Q14, Q15, Q16
Current Damage:

You may:
- Use a shooting command during the Night phase BUT only one shooting command per post.
- Post in this thread during this Night Phase BUT you must stick to a variation of the YPPY rule. (More details below.)
- Trade any Items or gold with other players but only in this thread.
- PM me with commands for Abilities or Items.

You may not:

The mysterious merchants of the battlefield noticed the lack of surviving combatants, and left. With nothing else to do, Jolteon and Gourgeist readied their cannons for some sneaky night-shots.

Jeremy1026 and TwistedTurtwig, tonight is going to be very different. You have unlimited shots, but must stick to a variation of the YPPY rule. After shooting, you must wait for the other player to shoot and myself to update the game before you may shoot again.

Since everyone else is dead, the posts should look like this:
- Shooter 1
- Shooter 2
- Game Master Update
- Shooter 1
- Shooter 2
- Game Master Update
Etcetera, etcetera. I won't post an update til both of you have fired, and you can't fire again until the other player has fired and I post the results of both shots. Keep in mind that you may only use one shooting command per post, too.
Any shots that break this YPPY rule will be ignored.

Breaking any game rules will get you modkilled.
You must use a shooting command in this thread at least twice during Night 8 to not be modkilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back