Finished Fog Of War - Team 2 Is Victorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
tumblr_ndnxabajHz1tl3xcao1_540.png

Welcome to the first game of Fog Of War!
This game is a team-based RPG-like variant of the classic boardgame, Battleship! Each player gets 1 ship, and randomly slotted in to a 4-player team. Your objective is to survive and eliminate all other teams!

Grid-Map:
P5adYWN.png

Updates:
Day 1 Begins
Squirtle Squad was defeated
Night 1 Begins
Day 2 Begins
Machamp The Champion was defeated
bbninjas was defeated
Night 2 Begins
Day 3 Begins
GM DracLord was defeated
Night 3 Begins
Day 4 Begins
Night 4 Begins
Day 5 Begins
xDoggerx was defeated
Night 5 Begins
Day 6 Begins
Lugia 123 was defeated

Ice Espeon was defeated
NameBlank was defeated
Team 3 was eliminated

Night 6 Begins
Day 7 Begins
Luispipe8 was defeated
Keeper of Night was defeated
Celever was defeated
Mora was defeated

Fancy was defeated
Drohn was defeated
Team 4 was eliminated
Night 7 begins

Day 8 begins
AlexanderTheAwesome was defeated
Night 8 begins

TwistedTurtwig was defeated
Team 1 was eliminated
Team 2 wins!
Postgame report

In this game:
- Abilities are available.
- Items are available. (Items are consumed upon use unless otherwise specified.)
- Gold is available.
- Environmental Hazards are present.
- Environmental Conditions are present.
- Random Events may occur.
- Day/Night Phases end at the time specified by the Game Master. (This rule may change as the game progresses.)
- You will begin the game with up to 2 Abilities, no Items, and 5000 gold.
- Abilities and Items may overrule any other rules.
- Commands must be posted in this thread unless an Ability or Item specifies otherwise.

How To Play:
- This game runs in phases. The Day Phase lasts for roughly 5 days, while the Night Phase lasts for roughly 3 days.
- To win this game, you must sink other players' ships by shooting them. More information in the “Commands & How To Use Them” section.
- By default, each player can only shoot once per Day Phase and not at all during a Night Phase.
- Abilities and Items can be used in both the Day Phase and the Night Phase. (They will typically have specific instructions regarding their usage as well.)
- After players post their commands, the Game Master will post the results of those commands in the thread and also update the grid-map in the OP to display that result. This process may take a while, but will happen at least once each Day Phase. "O" will be marked on missed coordinates. "X" will be marked on hit coordinates that were players' ships. "E" will be marked on hit coordinates that were Environmental Hazards.
- All actions are processed by the Game Master in the order that they are posted in. (See Example 2)
- If a player moves their ship after being damaged or otherwise revealed on the grid-map, their ship will become invisible. Players' ships can be re-revealed on the grid-map by being hit again.
- Collision events (moving your ship on to the same coordinates as another ship) damages all ships involved in that collision on that coordinate. You won't be bumped off that coordinate though.
- If a player successfully sinks a ship (landing the last shot required to sink the ship), that player receives 50% of the gold and Items from that ship (rounded down). (See Example 1)

Abilities and Items:
- There will be gameplay events that allow you to purchase new Abilities and Items.
- If you purchase an Ability and end up with more than 2 Abilities, you must discard Abilities until you have only 2 Abilities.
- If you have more Items than you're allowed to hold, you must discard Items until you have the maximum amount of Items you're allowed to hold.
- If you have more gold than you're allowed to hold, you must discard gold until you have the maximum amount of gold you're allowed to hold.

Examples:
Example 1: Player 1 destroys Player 2's ship. Player 2 had 3417 gold and 5 Items. Player 1 salvages 1708 gold and 2 random Items from Player 2's ship. Player 2 is eliminated.

Example 2: Player 1 and Player 2 both want to shoot Player 3's ship. Player 1 shoots Player 3's ship and hits, with Player 2 shooting Player 3's ship on a neighbouring coordinate immediately after Player 1 posts his shooting command. However, Player 3 has an Ability that lets it move after getting shot. This Ability would be activated after being shot by Player 1, meaning Player 2's shot would miss.

Rules:
- Players may use a variety of shooting commands as listed in the Commands & How To Use Them section of this post.
- Players may NOT undo any commands once they've been posted.
- Players must post their commands in this thread unless otherwise stated on an Ability or Item being used.
- Players may have Abilities and Items that can be activated at any time throughout the game. The usage of each Ability and Item is dictated in the description of that Ability and Item.
- Players may refuse to shoot.
- Players may like posts in the thread at any time.
- Players may NOT unlike posts once they have been liked.
- Players may NOT edit or delete their posts in this thread. Please try not to double post too much though.
- Players may NOT post in this thread once their ship has been destroyed.
- Players may NOT hold more than 50k gold at any given time.
- Players may NOT hold more than 10 Items at any given time.
- Players may NOT communicate with other players outside of this thread or their QT to discuss this game.
- Players may NOT post in the thread during the Night Phase.
- Players may trade Items and gold with other players. All trades must be done publicly in this thread.
- You may be modkilled for inactivity. Try to be active during each Day Phase to avoid this.

As noted, Abilities, Items, Environmental Hazards, Environmental Conditions and Random Events all occur in this game. There will always be something other than just shooting for you to do.

Please read each Day/Night Phase update the Game Master posts for updates on Random Events, Environmental Hazards and Environmental Conditions.

Since this is the very first game of Fog Of War, feel free to PM me or post in the thread with any concerns or questions about how this game is supposed to work. Just keep in mind that what I say (as this game's Game Master) is final.

Commands & How To Use Them:
Shooting Commands
- ##FIRE: coordinates – Default shooting/firing command. Coordinates must be based on the grid included in this post and follow the format letter-number. Eg. ##FIRE: G19
- ##CANNONBALL: coordinates – Requires the Item Midas’ Cannonball. This command consumes 1 of that Item. Coordinates must be based on the grid included in this post and follow the format letter-number. Eg. ##CANNONBALL: G19
- ##LOB: coordinates – Requires the Item Anchoring Cannonball. This command consumes 1 of that Item. Coordinates must be based on the grid included in this post and follow the format letter-number. Eg. ##LOB: G19
- ##SHOCK: coordinates – Requires the Item Shock Ball. This command consumes 1 of that Item. Coordinates must be based on the grid included in this post and follow the format letter-number. Eg. ##SHOCK: G19
Commands For Other Items & Abilities
- ##USE – To use any items, you must use this command (unless otherwise specified in the Item description). Should be written like this: ##USE: item. For example, ##USE: Rain Stick would activate a Rain Stick Item. To use this command, you must post this command in the game thread. If you're using an Item during a Night Phase and must use this command, you must PM this command to the Game Master instead of posting in the thread.
- ##REPAIR – Requires the Ability Repairmen. You may PM the Game Master with the command ##REPAIR and your ship will be privately be repaired from all hits. Since your ship would no longer be damaged, it would no longer be publicly visible on the grid map as well.
- ##BOOTLEG – Requires the Ability Black Market. You may PM the Game Master with the command ##BOOTLEG once during the Night Phase to receive a random Item.
- ##SPY – Requires the Item Spyglass. You may PM the Game Master with the command ##SPY: coordinates. You will be privately told the details of that coordinate.
This is not a complete list of commands! There are more Abilities and Items that require special commands, but they need to be discovered!

Sign-Ups:
The Sign-Up Phase will last until 1am November 2nd (GMT+00) or if 32 players sign up - whichever comes first.
To sign up, please post the following:
"I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is ______!"
Without quote marks.
And fill in the blank with a Pokemon of your choice. The Pokemon you choose is strictly for flavour purposes and does not impact gameplay in any other way. You cannot have the same Pokemon mascot as another player, and cannot change your Pokemon mascot once the game has started.
Once the sign-up phase is complete, the Game Master will place each player in to a random team.
No more than 32 players may sign up to play this game.

Players:
Team 1: - Defeated Night 8
Luispipe8 - Defeated Day 7
TwistedTurtwig - Defeated Night 8
bbninjas - Defeated Day 2
AlexanderTheAwesome - Modkilled Day 8

Team 2: - Winners!
Jeremy1026
Keeper of Night - Modkilled Day 7
GM Draclord - Defeated Day 3
Squirtle Squad - Defeated Day 1

Team 3: - Defeated Day 6
NameBlank - Defeated Day 6
Machamp The Champion - Defeated Day 2
Lugia123 - Modkilled Night 5
Ice Espeon - Defeated Day 6

Team 4: - Defeated Day 7
Drohn - Modkilled Day 7
Celever - Defeated Day 7
xDoggerx - Defeated Day 5
Fancy - Modkilled Day 7

Independent: - Defeated Day 7
Mora - Defeated Day 7

Signature Banners:
Feel free to promote the game!
tumblr_ndnxabajHz1tl3xcao2_500.png
tumblr_ndnxabajHz1tl3xcao3_500.png
tumblr_ndnxabajHz1tl3xcao4_500.png
tumblr_ndnxabajHz1tl3xcao5_500.png

RE: Fog Of War - Sign-Ups End November 2nd!

I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is Entei!

Everyone should learn I'm always Charizard. :(

(My bad though. :p)

At least I can nag you two over Skype about it =P
Thanks for picking it up, ATA!

Edited =P

I was more of Alexander the not-so Awesome then ;-;

(My full name is Alexander btw if you hadn't guessed from that bit ^ (everyone calls me Alex though ;p))

I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokémon is Shiny Flygon!

I want to play in the fog of war! My Pokemon is a Shiny Gallade.

I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is Roserade! Or edaresor. It doesn't matter.

e

How time consuming is this?

PS.: You'll never get 32 players for this, is that a problem?

Hopefully not very.
Ideally, you'd post a couple of times throughout the Day Phase and use at least one command during the Day Phase. That's like the bare minimum of effort you could put into this game. The more active you are (ie. using more Abilities and Items and discussing things in the main thread), the quicker you'll progress through the game.

It's not a problem at all; 32 is a maximum, not a goal. Smaller games (like, if this is all I get) may end up with smaller team sizes but that'd be the only impact that not reaching that goal would have for you guys as players. Well that, plus the game would probably be faster if it's smaller.
Planning for a big game and ending up with a big game means that I'd have a lot of work but I at least planned for it. Planning for a big game and ending up with a small game means I don't have as much work to do. 32's just a limit of what I could handle as a host.

Getting 16 or 20 players would be nice.

I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is Gourgeist!

This looks it'll be really interesting. I had an electronic Battleship game that I used to play all the time when I was younger, so this should be fun and nostalgic!

I want to play Fog of War! My Pokémon is Blastoise!

Battleship is cool :) keen!

I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is ______!
Or Umbreon. You know, whichever works.

I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is Empoleon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back