News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Is there any energy acceleration that'd be nice for Lunala-GX aside from Max Elixir? Maybe run both it and Solgaleo-GX for kicks.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
As for the gold energy cards, my guess is there's a Metal one for Collection Sun, it just wasn't revealed yet. (seems obvious, Metal for Solgaleo, Psychic for Lunala). So, my guess is these gold energies will appear throughout the SM sets, with the types related to set mascots being the ones chosen to be included (similar to the specific-type special energies from XY). As an example, the next japanese sets focus on Tapu Koko and Lycanroc, so I expect the gold energies present to be Lightning and Fighting. Or course, I'll have to wait and see if there's indeed a Metal one in Collection Sun to sustain this.
I don't think there is a gold Metal Energy in Collection Sun because the set has its two secret rares revealed already and I doubt both sets has a 3rd.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
I don't think there is a gold Metal Energy in Collection Sun because the set has its two secret rares revealed already and I doubt both sets has a 3rd.
Look at set Sun, 73/60, and look at Set Moon 73/60 were missing one secret rare in the Sun set, and one in the Moon set, as 70 and 71 are missing

RIP BANK ACCOUNT THOOOO, gonna have to buy like 3 cases so I can get this play set of Ultra Balls. I think that this is probably the set ive been the most excited for since primal clash. This set will undoubtedly throw plasma freeze in the garbage, the ultra ball there doesnt even compete with this one. On top of that we get textured cards back, as well as full art trainers which I never would have seen coming. Im really looking forward to more leaks. One more thing id like to say, Rare Candy is most likely card 71 in set moon with the full art texture. That drops the price of the most expensive SR trainers, apart from VS Seeker and Max Potion

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
When you tought that CP6 had too many ultra rares, and then you see this.

Putting the fact that these Hyper Rare cards are totally unncecessary, why did they make those for Gumshoos and Lurantis instead of Solgaleo and Lunala??? Get you stuff together PCL.
Also, these Rainbow references keep piling up.

As for the gold energy cards, my guess is there's a Metal one for Collection Sun, it just wasn't revealed yet. (seems obvious, Metal for Solgaleo, Psychic for Lunala). So, my guess is these gold energies will appear throughout the SM sets, with the types related to set mascots being the ones chosen to be included (similar to the specific-type special energies from XY). As an example, the next japanese sets focus on Tapu Koko and Lycanroc, so I expect the gold energies present to be Lightning and Fighting. Or course, I'll have to wait and see if there's indeed a Metal one in Collection Sun to sustain this.

Finally, and regarding energy cards, why the hell doesn't the english set include the basic energy cards? Theme deck exclusives, I guess.
Probably due to xy evolution just released all the basic energy .. They probably want some gap

LittleBigTube10

Aspiring Trainer
Secret Rare Full Art Items Cards?! Full Art GX Cards?! Secret Rare Energy?! I am so excited for this set! Hopefully I'll be able to complete it since there's so many full arts, lol! And these new cards look incredibly stunning!! :O

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Look at set Sun 73/60, and look at Set Moon 73/60 we're missing one secret rare in the Sun set, and one in the Moon set, as 70 and 71 are missing
Well.. la-dee-*censored*-da.
If anything, I suppose the other Secret Rare in Moon then will be something like Repel or something.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
It's actually pretty likely that there are more HR cards, based on open numbers available if nothing else. I would expect all the FA Pokémon-GX to get the, and possibly the Supporters too.

You're right, didn't notice that. I did think it was weird that only 4 of the total 8 GX were getting HR cards...

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
SR... Energies?! And I thought the SR FA UB was overkill.

Playing online, I knew that the Golden Ultra Ball of Doom was worth 100+ Plasma Freeze Packs the last time I saw it, and that it probably had the utmost worst pull rate in the entire client. The value this Full Art Goldie will have also will depend on the pull rate in comparison... I must admit, though, that the FA looks 10 times awesome-er. "o_o"

Last edited:

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
I am drooling over the artwork for all the new Gen 7 Pokemon. No more 5ban Graphics...for the most part. I know they still did some illustrations for a few cards in this set but nowhere near as many as the first 3 XY sets had. Hooray for variety! :D

And yes, those FAs are awesome. Also, does anyone know what the clear/prism FAs are called? Is there a name for that variant?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Thoughts so far:
The "Rainbow foil" cards look awesome #rainbowtrumpforpresident2020makealolagreatagain
I don't know whether to be happy about FA SR UB, either way time to prepare my wallet's funeral
SR FA Rotom dex and Nest ball are meh in my opinion especially playability wise
Umbreon's GX attack is BROKEN in disruption decks
The full art Supporters are all awesome and especially Lily and Kukui my see play
And SR Switch is AWESOME
I want like 50 boxes of this set XD

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Umbreon-GX is DEX Darkrai-EX v2. It will probably see some play in dark decks.
I don't think Alolan Muk will see much play over Garbodor, just because Greninja BREAK exists right now.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'm liking these Aolalan Dugtrio. I'm a big fan of decks that mess with retreat, and colourless type is a bit easier to search out than Team Aqua's Muk. This might bring me back into the game! xD

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Despite how angry I am at the lack of Raichu...
Pikachu is missing from the set, despite being in the japanese one, so is Flying Pikachu