News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

That Poliwrath looks like it's going to save you from the water before giving you a wake-up slap.

Wow....they actually did it....they made a card that's worse than Swablu ROS.....that Wingull is just terrible.....

I don't really hate it. I'm just glad to see the game going into a more skill based format. Players now seem way too content with "draw as many cards as possible to maybe get the OHKO" and that is what has been killing the game for people. Its like you're losing to luck with the common excuse to why an opponent couldn't KO you being "I missed the cards I needed so I can't KO it."

Players need to know what it was like before BW hit the scene. The next thing I hope goes with it is the Expanded format.
well expanded can stay, nothing wrong with having options of formats to play, but yeah i get you in the idea of wanting a pre bw on format back. didnt play in it but i have alot of the cards from back then and love to use them when not being competitive with my friends

'Draw 3 Cards'

Whelp... There went the hope for Hau... <.<

Of all the cards I've seen in this set so far, Espeon-GX looks real scary, in that it could end up completely reconfiguring the metagame. That's because it easily counters Mega Mewtwo, and potentially other metagame threats. The Eeveelutions from Ancient Origins allow it to also strike for weakness against Volcanion, M Scizor, Yveltal, Pidgeot, and Mega Rayquaza. They even brought Eevee's ability back from Furious Fists to speed this kind of deck up! :eek:

Either way, Xerneas, Darkrai, and Greninja could be tricky for it, so figuring out a good partner other than just eeveelutions will be the most important thing to think about.

I'm flippin' shocked I haven't gotten to this yet, but Im finally going to.

#1 The cards look great! This generation's TCG looks like it's shaping up to be a good one! I like how Have portrayed a lot of the new Pokémon and some of the older ones too!

#2 The GX cards have Full Arts! I was scared about that one. But yes they'd have returned!
#2.1 What's with these Rainbow versions of the full arts? Don't get me wrong they look awesome, but why are they there? I see HR as their rarity, so I don't know what to expect.

What is up with the new wording on cards...20 plus 20 times. What was wrong with 20 plus 20 more for whatever?

Wow! Pokemon is making "ghost rares". Or that's how it seems... They look like the best fullarts ever!

Wow, arts are amazing on this set. I cant get to get my hands in a playset of SR Ultra Ball. Besides that, the cards are all pretty weak and most of them looks like crappy gimmicks. Try to compare any possible deck that with this set against Maxie's NM/Maxie's Yveltal or Turbo Dark. It will feel like playing a trash deck after had playing those three decks myself.

Wow, arts are amazing on this set. I cant get to get my hands in a playset of SR Ultra Ball. Besides that, the cards are all pretty weak and most of them looks like crappy gimmicks. Try to compare any possible deck that with this set against Maxie's NM/Maxie's Yveltal or Turbo Dark. It will feel like playing a trash deck after had playing those three decks myself.
Well, considering this whole set is the start to an attempt to slow down the format...

Somehow, some way, someone will still find a niche that'll carry in Expanded. :l

Still, I don't believe they had Expanded in mind when they were making this set (well, not as a major priority) and I feel that this is going to be a very nice change as a whole. Still, this is only the first pack in a new set, so we'll see where it carries us. After all, we didn't see Night March as a concept until PTF and look how hard it rocked last Standard as a whole.

I just hope they keep consistent with this slow down. I really, really do.

-Asmer

Wow, I'm really liking the HRs. I'm surprised someone hasn't made the joke that it stands for Human Resources :p.

Anyway, what I DON'T like is how they've changed the wording 'discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon' to 'discard an Energy from this Pokemon.' It's dumb, and doesn't make any sense really. :/.

Wow, I'm really liking the HRs. I'm surprised someone hasn't made the joke that it stands for Human Resources :p.

Anyway, what I DON'T like is how they've changed the wording 'discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon' to 'discard an Energy from this Pokemon.' It's dumb, and doesn't make any sense really. :/.

Idk man, those HRs seem like gold digger material to me... 8D (at least I tried)

I think the subtle word changes are fine. Word condensing helps with simplification and, quite frankly, saves them money on ink (as silly as that sounds).

...see, now that I look at my HR joke, I'm questioning my personal decisions. :l

-Asmer

'Draw 3 Cards'

Whelp... There went the hope for Hau... <.<

I almost posted this as a joke earlier. The I thought "surely they learned their lesson and if Hau ends up as the new Cheren or Tierno, he'll at least draw four cards!:

I almost posted this as a joke earlier. The I thought "surely they learned their lesson and if Hau ends up as the new Cheren or Tierno, he'll at least draw four cards!:
Hau awesome that would have been...

-Asmer

I'm not disappointed in the slightest with the lack of a Juniper/Sycamore. I am, however, Disappointed with Ultra Ball's return.

Am I just being a noob or is that Masquerain one of the best cards in the set? Setting it up on your first turn with FoGP sounds like a staller's wet dream. The fact that the attack does damage at all and it has a free retreat cost too is simply amazing. Definitely putting a 2-2 line in all my grass decks.

All cards and translations are now up! Please let me know if you notice any mistakes; it's been a very long long and tiring last few days. :p

Back