Favorite President

Zenith said:
also, don't form a political opinion in high school. that goes for you too, Meatheart.
As I said, politics suck. I don't have a fully formed view of politics, and I am fully aware. I just think it's nice to not be completely blinded from all politics, so I have formed a bit of an opinion, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

it's good to have a general knowledge of politics. what you don't want to develop is any sort of loyalty to a particular group and/or label that would limit your understanding of the opinions of those outside of it, especially before you really learn what the labels mean, who is associated with them, and about the internal divisions within these labels. I generally don't like to label myself at all when it comes to politics and judge things like policy and presidential action based on various criteria, such as its projected impact, its stated impact, and its cost (not necessarily monetary). its important to keep an open mind when it comes to politics, especially one as heavily warped and bi-partisan as American politics are where more effort is spent on the relatively meaningless Presidential election (itself based on stupid things like the party of the candidate rather than the candidate's intelligence or past successes) in lieu of focusing on the Congressional elections, which this year are the important ones. avoid media sensationalism and don't form opinions based on what you learn from it or in American public school, especially outside of major cities which are diverse enough that they are forced to look at things from multiple points of view.

Zenith said:
it's good to have a general knowledge of politics. what you don't want to develop is any sort of loyalty to a particular group and/or label that would limit your understanding of the opinions of those outside of it, especially before you really learn what the labels mean, who is associated with them, and about the internal divisions within these labels.
I agree entirely. I don't like to label myself either, but I do tend to do so sometimes. Even if I label myself, I make sure not to let the whole "Party" deal blind me from the actual politics and policies being expressed. It really really bothers me when people can't just look at what's actually going on at hand instead of being always forced to stick to meaningless titles given by the media and government. But yeah, I'll make sure not to let my politics be set in stone until I have to ability to understand and participate in them actively.

ShadowLugia said:
Thomas Jefferson and G.W. are pretty much givens.

Jefferson is a hypocrite that I take every possible opportunity to laugh at.

DNA I think you're trolling me right now. Seriously. I can't take a word you said like you were serious.

Reagan

Washington

Jefferson

JFK

doublenikesocks said:
DNA I think you're trolling me right now. Seriously. I can't take a word you said like you were serious.

Reagan

Washington

Jefferson

JFK
More for JFK. I'm thinking I'm gonna tally all these up.
He's not trolling though, Thomas Jefferson was a huge hypocrite. I don't care enough to dislike the guy though. Nick Cage tried to steal his work, how could I hate such a man?

ComfortEagle said:
lucky fire's post and the failed humor in this thread makes me want to kill a cat.

reagan, lincoln, kennedy, and fdr are all on my list of favs due to the impact they had on the country. all of them deserve mass amounts of respect for leading the country through dark times.
I just noticed this post. It's really really good.
Also, I agree with them being great presidents. They led hard and strong through rough times, and I give them that.
tumblr_mb8v0p8c3n1rwe0ero1_500.png

Meatheart's right; this is one of those rare incidences in which I am not trolling.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Meatheart's right; this is one of those rare incidences in which I am not trolling.

Yay for DNA, you get a winky frown sticker.

PDC said:
reagan was the most awesome president ever

Another for Reagan.

omahanime said:
Washington
Lincoln
Hamilton
Jackson
Grant
Franklin
Is Jackson Andrew Jackson? Are you joking?
And which Franklin are you referring to?

6-Dimension said:
andrew jackson, who killed more than one person in duels during his presidency and forced the cherokee indians to walk the trail of tears? .__.
Exactly what I meant by "Are you serious?"

Anyone who didn't get omaha's joke is a schmuck.

ComfortEagle said:
Anyone who didn't get omaha's joke is a schmuck.
...at first I thought he was trolling. I didn't notice it until Familiar brought it up. Now it makes perfect sense.

Back