Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by bbninjas, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Luplayz The Master of bad Pokemon
    Luplayz

my MacBook Air won't open the images on safari. although I'm using images for the July Create a Card.

2. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

It looks like those links broke! Fortunately, you can find those resources via this link now. ^.^

Luplayz likes this.
  3. ImpSpiritGuide Aspiring Trainer
    ImpSpiritGuide

4. IvanAipom93 Ice/Electric type member
    IvanAipom93

Hi @ImpSpiritGuide . Thanks for your work! I'm looking for a good Pokémon TCG Card Maker since a long time (heh I know Photoshop does exist, but I just can't learn it only to make cards!). I remember spending time waiting for some card makers, like Aschefield's one, but they were discontinued. I used to use Deckromancy's one (that was decent) but the site is now dead. I'm currently trying MSE, which I totally didn't know, with your resources. And it looks great! I'm still not able to use it properly but I guess I have to read that very long PDF. The program looks complicated but it also looks complete. If you wish, I can give you some feedback about stuff, as soon as I learn how to use it all!

5. Luplayz The Master of bad Pokemon
    Luplayz

Do any of ya know exactly what Fonts non-GX Pokémon use?

6. Gruffling Aspiring Trainer
    Gruffling

I have a weirdly specific request can I get a large picture of the background effect of metal type cards if that makes sense

7. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

Does anyone know if anyone ever made DPPt Trainer and Energy blanks?

8. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

9. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Updated some of the textures on my Gym, Japanese Neo, and Hybrid Neo-Gym templates: http://fav.me/dczk4bv

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  10. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

I've updated the OP thread with the many resources that were created last year. Full list below. Also updated the formatting / layout slightly.

- SUNLAVA™ Holosheet (SM-Era) -- @aschefield101
    - Added an "available upon request" note for Tag Team blanks.
    - Added bonus Dragon + Fairy + Mega + UB blanks for the DPPt-era -- @The Ωmega One, @AwesomeEevee
    - Added Rainbow Rocket Custom Blanks for the SM-era -- bartyboy6
    - Added Splattered Dual-Type Blanks for the SM-era -- bartyboy6
    - Added Ripple and Star Rings custom holosheets -- @Nekoban Ryo
    - Added Classic Holofoil for use on printed custom cards -- Nekoban Ryo
    - Added Custom Glossy Energy Icons -- Nekoban Ryo
    - Updated the official SM-era Rule Book (Edition #9)

The Ωmega One and Jabberwock like this.
  11. SneaselGenesis Aspiring Trainer
    SneaselGenesis

Does anyone have Fairy types for the ex-series?

12. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

13. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

SneaselGenesis likes this.
  14. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Oh I forgot that Metagross made a variety of custom type blanks! If you search his DeviantArt page @SneaselGenesis , you should find more custom type blanks for the ex-era, such as Ice and Bug. Keep in mind that this does not use the official [Y]-type symbol. You might like to replace the unofficial symbol with the official one designed by CMP [link], it is in roughly the same style as other ex-era Energy symbols.

15. SneaselGenesis Aspiring Trainer
    SneaselGenesis

16. SneaselGenesis Aspiring Trainer
    SneaselGenesis

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  17. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

What did you use to extract them? For some reason, the native windows unzipper doesn't work with that font pack, you have to use a free program like 7-Zip, which is a quite useful upgrade in itself.

18. SneaselGenesis Aspiring Trainer
    SneaselGenesis

Yeah I was using the Windows unzipper. Thanks for the info. :)

19. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

I'm not sure how useful this will be, but here's something I added to the resources group a week ago: a retro-style texture editor (mainly for unofficial types).

[​IMG]

I was inspired to make this PSD after realizing that Fire and Psychic shared the same base texture. In theory, this should be more versatile than recoloring official textures (for example, you can add textures/patterns under the clouds; think Link monsters from YGO) and give you more control over the exact colors. I may add other texture styles later but, until then, you can try emulating those with a Spatter effect.

Notes and Tips:
    * Cloud Hue and Cloud Color layers (optional) should use the same color, which should be something close to the Base Color (like blues or pinks for purples).
    * Opacity and blending mode of the Shadows layer may need adjusting on some base colors.
    * You can make the clouds look a bit more vibrant by upping the opacity of the Optional layer under Cloud Color to 25% (I don't recommend exceeding that).
    * For darker textures that would have white text, you can either decrease the opacity of the Clouds layer or change its blending mode to Multiply and hide the Shadows layer.

You might be able to recreate some of the official textures with this, but I suggest doing this only for custom blanks since they may not turn out perfectly. Maybe you could do something similar to Sun & Moon where every Type shares the same base texture? EDIT: I did the latter here!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    bbninjas and The Ωmega One like this.
  20. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    aschefield101 and bbninjas like this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?