Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by bbninjas, Mar 12, 2016.

1. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

I was trying to figure out why the Colorless Energy symbols were arranged in a T-shape, until I realised that they're just placeholders for the Weakness and Resistance. xD

We've already some beta-inspired blanks of yours in the OP (these ones)! Are these new ones much different? Are they new blanks more of a revamped version of the previous ones, or are they completely new?

2. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

The old beta blanks were based more directly on the prototype cards. The base cloud texture was different, the cards were longer, and they were Japanese. The new ones are a re-imagining of what our classic English cards could've looked like if most of these prototype features were retained, but with dimensions, fonts, and textures closer to the end result. New ones are also print-res and include all TCG Types, not just those from the classic sets.

EDIT: Updated the template.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    bbninjas likes this.
  3. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

@AwesomeEevee / Metagross101 has recently released some custom type blanks for the DPPt-era, so I've added them to the OP. You can also find them here:

[​IMG]

4. kacard Aspiring Trainer
    kacard

Wish I'd seen this thread sooner. Been making my cards from copying and pasting without any templates. Maybe some of you might seen my cards before and know where I am from.

[​IMG]

5. Jay Sawatzki Aspiring Trainer
    Jay Sawatzki

i cant find the legend fonts can anyone tell me the legend font for legend card side and top next to the name of the pokemon, the part that says put this card from your hand onto your bench only with the other half? and the way to make the name of the pokemon look like that. the font for the legend attack name and attack description. sry for all the newb questions. also the full art sun and moon trainer name font and description font

6. DoubleAACE Professional Lurker
    DoubleAACE

Does anyone know if the artist permission list is up to date?

7. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Yeah, sorta. It's up to date in that all artists listed gave long-term permission for their art to be used (I have records) and they haven't contacted myself to say otherwise.

8. aschefield101 is behind you !
    aschefield101

SS templates are go, these are what're done so far:
    [​IMG]

bbninjas, Celever, Nyan and 3 others like this.
  9. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Added to the SM section! please don't shoot me

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?