TCG Fakes Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

Kotif92

Aspiring Trainer
O well can't blame you. I wish I knew how to create the templates, but unfortunately I have no idea lol.

If you ever create the full art template please let me know 🙏

Hopefully your friend Nick finishes them someday

aschefield101

is behind you !
Almost all scarletviolet templates are live on deviantart, loading some per day as to not receive the staff wrath for flooding searches... like last time :p

And yes I originally wasn't going to do them but a week off work and a VERY random set of events and voila. I just have gold ex FA's to create and then any future ones that're likely to appear (fossils, more golds etc).

aschefield101

is behind you !
All scvi templates are live + classic (and extended classic) and all gym are live.

All the giant swsh templates that I'd done are also live (not all, just a good chunk).

Neo are done, but not uploaded.

(link in my sig)

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Some more templates live on DA: All scvi / some HGSS / Neo fire types / some 20th / more super size swsh!

All scvi templates are live + classic (and extended classic) and all gym are live.

All the giant swsh templates that I'd done are also live (not all, just a good chunk).

Neo are done, but not uploaded.

(link in my sig)
Hi! Now I'm curious... are these templates higher resolution versions of ones which have been available for years? Because I thought these cards have existed for a while, but I remember trying to make a HGSS fake card at some point and wondering why it looked a little grainy.
I've looked through your gallery of custom cards, by the way, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Your cards are very high quality, and your 3D renders, holosheet blending, and Ancient card artwork are a pleasure to the eyes.

aschefield101

is behind you !
Yeah mine are bigger/higher quality/etc. Nick (owner of pokemon aaah and original godfather of card making) got me started with textures and I did the rest.

The classic ones that existed for years were by katarawaterbender, waaaaaaaaaaaay back. They were ok for the time, but the textures were wrong and such.

HGSS blanks blui made and are up on the net in various places, we both used the same source for them and are similar/exact in many places. Mine varies in comparison to his as I spent more time on clone stamp (for example where the name goes, HP section, etc). I also used the correct font for BASIC/STAGE1/2.

I made Gym ones many, many years ago but that was back when everyone was doing really small cards. These I've started from the beginning are larger, use HQ images (most of which I've had to make on my own) and the portraits are brand spanking shiny new (and bigger haha).

Neo I recently did, CMP and icy have their collab for them at print quality and Nick has his own coming too.

Scvi is obviously new, swsh super sized was something I'd started and loathed so uploaded what I had.

So on and so forth \o/

nick15

Fake Card Master
Neo I recently did, CMP and icy have their collab for them at print quality and Nick has his own coming too.
Yeah I'm still working on the details of their release BUT you can see them in action on the Safari Zone HD Remaster fakes by GC|Linkinboss: https://www.pokemonaaah.net/guides/safarizonehd/

The next blanks I plan on releasing are Shadowless Base Set blanks; I bought a ton of 1st Edition card back in the day, so I feel like I have a duty and responsibility to make them. :D

1700588658113.png

I mentioned this earlier, but if you want to download my Japanese Neo blanks, you can do that here: https://www.pokemonaaah.net/guides/blanks/

As a reminder, they come complete with blanks for new types like Fairy and Dragon, as well as the Illustrator card. There are also two download packs: a standard pack with every card as a lossless .PNG file, as well as an expert pack which is a single Photoshop file and includes English-language overlays:

1700588871179.png 1700588885315.png
1700588823133.png 1700588833943.png

I still plan on making overlays for other languages as well. These are also print quality, so if you ever wanted to make your own physical cards using an online card printing service, then these should work well enough. Just make sure the cards you print have "this is a proxy card!" written somewhere clear!

nick15

Fake Card Master
Just popping in to say I won't be doing the SV templates. Too many variations already and they've only just done 1 set.

It's got to the point where there's just far too many to make and I have no interest in them whatsoever.

I have however passed what I had done onto Nick, but he's also busy with many projects. Entirely up to him what he wishes to do with those.

Everyone else is free to take a bash at all templates though, there are many that need updating or even flat out doing! \o/
1700590197145.png

lol just kidding; you helped saved the day when I realized that my rate of blank-making was like one-a-week... I probably wouldn't have finished them by 2025! :p

If anyone wanted to know what my blanks would've looked like, here's a preview. Think of it like a multiverse version of them ;)

1700591164469.png 1700591203719.png

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
@bbninjas I would like to nominate a new resource for the webpage. Pokémon.com used to have an extensive list of wallpapers on their website, including landscape versions of every piece of booster pack artwork from Legend Maker through Primal Clash (excluding special sets/minisets). Pokémon.com hadn't updated this page in years, and had even created a separate website with wallpapers for pack and theme deck art from Sword and Shield onward, but in more recent times, Pokémon unexpectedly removed the entire wallpaper page from their website. Fortunately, most (if not all) of the wallpaper seems to have been archived on The Wayback Machine. This link includes all 293 archived wallpapers, official artwork suitable for illustrating custom Pokémon cards.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/downloads/*

Also, most of the pack artwork does not seem to be on Pidgiwiki, the website most people point to when asked where one can find official artwork.